Griffith...why does he stab through the eye?

theblakeman

theblakeman- your local pervert
I have seen him do it twice...I thought three but it was decapitation....but...
sword-eye1.jpg

sword-eye2.jpg

He seems to like stabbing people through the eye a lot, and I'm sure if he wasn't running at that General in volume 23 he would stab him in the eye instead of beheading him :D

petezilla

hahaha
He doesn't even know that kushan leader so i don't think he has anything against him it's pure business.
I think he does it because his sword is more of a stabbing sword then a chopper.

well its easiest to stab through the eye as well, on top of it being degrading.

often if you try to stab the forehead, the blade can deflect upwards

but he probably does it as a slap in the face to other commanders because he views them unfit to command, simply because theyre nobility they get command of an army, griff doesnt like this and feels that they should be treated as commoners like everyone else on the battlefield, so he kills them like commoners

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
petezilla said:
Haha you really don't know Griffith do you.
Disgusted he uses the technique himself.
Griffith's technique is similar but less repulsive. He gives soldiers a serious chance. The Kushran leader sends troops against each other, with archers ready to rain down arrows as soon as they hesitate. They allways do and are allways slaughtered.
Griffith uses snipers, and if the captured soldiers fight loyaly, they get to live and become full members of the hawks.

The kushran gives the PoWs false hope and slaughters them regardless of their actions. Griffith gives the PoWs an honest chance, even if it is a slim one.

BTW, I'm impressed by the attention to detail. With the kushran, you can see that the eye with the sword through it didn't roll back.

ShinHell9

I started on here when I was like 14...
petezilla said:
He doesn't even know that kushan leader so i don't think he has anything against him it's pure business.
I think he does it because his sword is more of a stabbing sword then a chopper.
he uses a type of rapier, rapiers are reknown for bieng good at parrying and stabbing

P

psymont

dont forget its a nice soft spot .... if you had amazing aim with stabs, what would you go for: the armor or the eye? .... besides its an instant kill .... somewhat merciful

Mitsu_dunDee

Sparkles + will-o-the-wisp = BOUM
That is because of the character bios eg:
-> when in midland castle he knows his enemy by their eyes (fear in their eyes)
-> His helmet designed with holes for the eyes remind that of a bird of prey

T

temporary

Mitsu_dunDee said:
That is because of the character bios eg:
-> when in midland castle he knows his enemy by their eyes (fear in their eyes)
-> His helmet designed with holes for the eyes remind that of a bird of prey

That is perhaps the most logical and reasonable answer. Griffith likes to attack fear at its heart, which happens to be in people's eyes. In a staredown, Griffith owns.

Nabeshin

Herald of God Hand
The eye is a soft spot, it doesn't spray blood when stabbed, and piercing it will destroy important parts of the brain. I saw a documentary once explaining that hitmen are trained to shoot their victims in the eyes, because it's highly lethal and because there's less blood spray than if you shoot through the forehead or heart, thus keeping the assassin free of tell-tale stains. You don't think Griffith would like to have to wash blood out of his nice white clothes, do you?

Harlock

Lurking
He doesn't use a rapier; It's a cavalry saber, with a thin blood groove. Notice the blade is slightly curved; Rapiers always have straight blades. You don't want to be stabbing people when your dashing around on horseback; it's much safer to be slashing.

Top Bottom