Would we be able to make a Berserk movie?

I hope I'm not posting too much nowadays...
First, I have to state that this all is daydreaming, not an actual plan or something :farnese:
As the new Anime Project is coming, it seems more and more like adaptations are never perfect, and make fans worried and disappointed... I think everyone feels that a perfect adaptation of the manga would only be possible if all of the members of the cast were true fans, who want everything to be faithful, think that changing or cutting the story shouldn't happen, and wouldn't hesitate to sacrifice time or money in order to see their favourite manga transforming into something "greater".

So I started to think about would it be possible? I cannot estimate how many Berserk fans are on this planet, but imagine what if we all united in order to make the perfect Berserk movie (I'm thinking of a motion picture)?
I could see hundreds of talented people, both professionals and amateurs, who could somehow participate in it (well, actually I think everyone could participate somehow), eg. making costumes, effects etc. and of course playing the characters themselves.
I know it's kinda impossible, but it'd be fun I think, and it'll be a cool thing to think and talk about while we're waiting for the Saga Project.

So imagine we, Berserk fans all gathered to make this project come true.
Whose/What role would you play in it? In what and how would you help?

Personally, I think i'd fit the role of Farnese :farnese: And although I'm not a professional in any of these, but I'd also help in making the storyboard and costumes.

So, what would you do? :slan:

I would personally lobby for the role of one of the 100 mercenaries Guts kills. I'd love to do anything like that. I.E., Griffith's torturer, ballroom noble #5, bar brawler #6 from volume 29 (I'd have fought Guts then just to fight him), random extras, guy who holds onto sticky bomb too long, etc.

IncantatioN said:
Check this out - http://www.skullknight.net/forum/index.php?topic=12099.0
I read that thread and started to watch it before, it's a great job, but I was writing about an imaginary motion picture movie.
Handmade_lion said:
I would personally lobby for the role of one of the 100 mercenaries Guts kills.
Playing people Guts kills is a good idea because you can be featured in more than one scenes since no one will recognise you in the armor :ganishka: I guess most people would have to play the crowds because there's a lot.

Lord Leith

Welcome back Casca
:isidro: Awesome idea. The idea is something I would definately participate in it.

Hmmm what role for the production huh...Well most people I know tell me that I have the exact same body type and proportions to Puck :puck: *except being a tiny little fairy with wings ofcourse haha* My face ain't the closest match but if fans went together, I guess CG would fix the little facial details, only thing I would not enjoy is how I would have to act nude or get any umm *ahem* censorship around the obvious.

If not an acting role, I guess I would love to try out and help with any prop making.

Grail

Feel the funk blast
When you try not to think so much about all the practical issues, it can be fun to muse on this stuff just for the fun of it. I can definitely think of a few folks who would be total shoe-ins for particular characters. A certain artist from the Creation Station would make a perfect Casca, for example. :casca:

As for myself... Put me down for Ganishka. :ganishka: Oh yeah, and I guess I'd draw some stuff of whatever. :troll:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Grail said:
As for myself... Put me down for Ganishka. :ganishka:
You know one day, years from now, someone's going to call our bluff on this thing and demand that we perform in the roles we're laying claim to. And I'm going to have to go find a rubberized, exposed brain mask. And you're going to have to grow a beard.

Lord Leith

Welcome back Casca
Walter said:
You know one day, years from now, someone's going to call our bluff on this thing and demand that we perform in the roles we're laying claim to. And I'm going to have to go find a rubberized, exposed brain mask. And you're going to have to grow a beard.

Ha, and I'll have to apply little fairy wings, and run around naked on set. :judo:

Oburi

All praise Grail
I would want to be cast as Silat because I'd get to wear a mask and have lots of action scenes and cool dialog with a lot of major characters. I also wouldn't mind Judo or even Griffith. I'm not as pretty as Griffith but I have the same body type and I bet if I had his hair and a straighter nose I could pull it off perfectly.

Oburi said:
I would want to be cast as Silat because I'd get to wear a mask and have lots of action scenes and cool dialog with a lot of major characters. I also wouldn't mind Judo or even Griffith. I'm not as pretty as Griffith but I have the same body type and I bet if I had his hair and a straighter nose I could pull it off perfectly.

I called dibs. :puck: Brandedone going to be Guts? We're about to open, and we need a Guts. Someone fluff the guy for pete sake, we're going to start this movie off right!

Theoden said:
A Berserk live adaptation movie is not possible. A 3D CG would be more doable.
Neither I said that it's possible. It's just daydreaming, having fun, y'know... :ganishka:
And I don't think 3D CG would be better... I think no matter how realistic and modern CG is nowadays, it'll never be the same as reality... And using both real set and CG have worked well in several movies, why wouldn't it work well with Berserk?
Lord Leith said:
I would have to act nude or get any umm *ahem* censorship around the obvious.
I think you'll only wear a green sock you know where, so they can later erase it with CG like Voldemort's nose to get the Puck/Ken doll look :troll:
Proj2501 said:
:judo:

Top Bottom