Would we be able to make a Berserk movie?

Gillia said:
And I don't think 3D CG would be better... I think no matter how realistic and modern CG is nowadays, it'll never be the same as reality... And using both real set and CG have worked well in several movies, why wouldn't it work well with Berserk?I think you'll only wear a green sock you know where, so they can later erase it with CG like Voldemort's nose to get the Puck/Ken doll look :troll: :judo:

Well. I work in post-production industry, and I have a little experience. I think that in Full 3D it would be better, and much more possible to adapt than in a live action movie.
Why ? For simple reasons : The character design can be very close to the original, since Miura's style is quite "volumetric", not like the simpsons for example, or other manga-type, which are basically 2D views in which ones the
artist can cheat with the fact it's only 2D.
It wouldn't be possible in a live action movie, simply because the characters would get very high chances to be quite grotesque and ridiculous, or If they wanted actors with charisma, they would be forced to make huge changes to fit the character into a realistic movie. ( Imagine Griffith's hair for example, or just his armor ... ).

There are severals other reasons why live + 3D wouldn't fit to Berserk, because even if Berserk has a certain level of realism, It's just not with certain things. Lighting, Colorimetry, wouldn't be realistic, since it remains fantasy, with fictionnal creatures, to talk only about that specific example.

Full CG would be better, not because of its technical abilities to make photorealism, but because you just got a better control of light, color, movement, particles ( fire, smoke, water, etc ) to create a fantasy atmosphere.
Just imagine the eclipse scene in CG background with live actors... I prefer not to think about it ...

Theoden said:
Full CG would be better, not because of its technical abilities to make photorealism, but because you just got a better control of light, color, movement, particles ( fire, smoke, water, etc ) to create a fantasy atmosphere.
Sorry, I always had some negative opinion about CG... But it seems like you must be right, I don't have experience in these. :farnese: 3D CG would be the best for a Berserk movie that actually exists, but I think our imaginary movie should stay a live action so Walter can get his brain mask a Grail will have to grow a beard :ganishka:

I know I'm necroing a bit, but I'm still kinda new around here so forgive me please.

Id want to be Guts. Or Gambino. After watching/reading the series I started to work out. I want to be like Guts... he's totally cool :guts:

For all this 3D talk, both the Escher-like scene with Griffith & The God Hand in his cell and the Eclipse itself would look pretty amazing. Oh and I so call dibs on The Egg of the Perfect World.. or :beast:

Top Bottom