Episode 326

This just made my day. What a great death for the Sea God. Looks like Guts has some swimming to do. Hope he can dog paddle. :beast:

Death May Die said:
That was the sea god? Guts fought apostles tougher than that. Heheheheh :ganishka: Very good episode. Thanks for providing again, this place is the best. :serpico:

I hear you, but at the same time a strait up brawl with the Sea God would be ridiculous. Guts is very aware of his human limitations and his enemies overestimation of their own abilities. Guts has always been tricky like that. I think he exploited the Sea God quite well and not without massive injuries.

On an even brighter note, we can also look forward to Elfhelm in the near future (after they rescue Guts and treat him of course.)

SlimeBeherit

[FIGHT][SPELL] [SACRIFICE][ITEM]
Walter said:
Also, once Guts is back on his feet, he's still blind and needs guidance from Schierke in order to strike at the heart.
Last words from Schierke, "Guts is in grave danger."

unless :beast: decides to be his seeing eye dog, then Guts is gonna need some rescuing.

Truder

"I frown at Griffith's nipples" -Aazealh
Joe Chip said:
On page 14-15 around the dragonslayer, is that the dark aura Schierke was seeing on volume 24, or is it just some part of his cape ?
All I see is the cape around the Dragon Slayer and blood from the previous enemies on the blade.

That's some immense puke. You know your health bar is low when you're spewing up blood with whole ships in it!

Death May Die said:
That was the sea god? Guts fought apostles tougher than that. Heheheheh
I'd say he had the advantage of a strategy that would have been impossible on other enemies like Zodd etc. In this case fighting the enemy head-on would have been impossible, so instead he took opportunity of its giant size that allowed him to "sneak in".

I think the Sea God was one terrifying opponent. Its mere heartbeat was enough to floor Guts.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
The Good Reverend Wyald said:
And I'm more confused than ever before about the Sea God's physiology. So the Sea God's body was "inflated" this entire time? Like a puffer fish, a swim bladder or a balloon?

Like a mollusc, which is what inspired its design. Not having a backbone (if any bone at all), upon death its massive body would naturally collapse to some extent.

Oburi said:
Daaaamn. Looks like the Sea God is finished after all.

Told ya.

Oburi said:
But what happened to Guts? Has he lost control to the beast and still inside that thing?

Doesn't look like he lost control to me, at least not from what we're shown. But he was engulfed into the blood spewing from the heart anyway, so he's in trouble regardless.

Cronus said:
The chat with the beast is probably the scene that caught me the most. Almost as if he's antagonizing the beast - can't recall seeing that before, and Guts essentially telling him to do whatever it takes to get him up is interesting too. In a way it seems he may have taken steps to 'master' what the armor can do. Too bad he's on the verge of death again!
Griffith said:
It reminds me of when Guts said he was the one holding the bridle, but that was about dominance, which usually characterizes their antagonistic relationship. I can't recall such voluntary cooperation between the two before, particularly coming from Guts' direction, urging on the Beast when normally the Beast is the one making the overtures (who's mastering who then?). Anyway, I doubt this new-found unity with the Beast/armor, plus Guts' condition (looks worse than ever) bodes well for him as far as his senses, voice, or *gulp* warmth are concerned. :SK:

I actually don't think it's that antagonistic given the usual "relationship" between them. Rather it's closer to some form of cooperation, like Griff said. But I'm not sure how much of it is Guts speaking and how much is the Beast (when it comes down to it, it's Guts talking to himself). That's still a first though (reminds me of what Flora told him on the subject "so long ago"). It's also the second time Guts shows some sort of mastery over the armor. The first was by restraining the Beast of Darkness and so stopping himself from attacking his friends despite the armor's influence. This time, he's using the armor's power (the bone piercing and such) but while staying conscious (the black fluid isn't covering his face). That's pretty amazing.

It also shows how complex this whole thing all is. Guts managed to trigger a specific function of the armor and then attacked the Sea God in the good old "strength of will" fashion we've known and loved since the very beginning of the series (see the characteristic "white eye" effect). Now the big question is whether he did lose consciousness after that (when Schierke left him) or not. The armor could also have been deactivated.

Death May Die said:
That was the sea god? Guts fought apostles tougher than that. Heheheheh :ganishka:

No he didn't.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Death May Die said:
That was the sea god? Guts fought apostles tougher than that. Heheheheh :ganishka: Very good episode. Thanks for providing again, this place is the best. :serpico:
Death May Die said:
You thinking this is his toughest opponent yet? :???:
Has Guts ever needed an army of sea people to help him kill an apostle before?

I'm truly amazed at how underwhelmed you are. It's baffling.

DMD. Remember when we first see Guts encountering Femto? He could barely take a step toward him. His brand spurted blood and Guts was downed. This was without the Armor.

Now, Guts clad in the Armor couldn't even approach the heart. If he wasn't wearing the Armor, had Schierke with him or received the aid of all those merrows, this would've been the end of the road for him.

Just because this battle wasn't the most 'elaborate' in terms of Gut showcasing how skillful he is with his sword, doesn't mean the stakes here weren't the highest they've been for him.

I also think if you were to read this in trade form all at once, you'd get a different feel of how this battle encounter is supposed to be digested.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Proj2501 said:
Now, Guts clad in the Armor couldn't even approach the heart. If he wasn't wearing the Armor, had Schierke with him or received the aid of all those merrows, this would've been the end of the road for him.

Without the Berserk's armor and Schierke he would have never been able to get anywhere close to the heart to begin with. He also wouldn't have been able to fend off the "beard" in the village before that.

Truly magnificent! Nothing's better than a Berserk Episode in the end of a workweek. And that teaser in the end, oh, I want play this game so bad, just three more months...

Walter said:
Has Guts ever needed an army of sea people to help him kill an apostle before?

I'm truly amazed at how underwhelmed you are. It's baffling.

Proj2501 said:
DMD. Remember when we first see Guts encountering Femto? He could barely take a step toward him. His brand spurted blood and Guts was downed. This was without the Armor.

Just because this battle wasn't the most 'elaborate' in terms of Gut showcasing how skillful he is with his sword, doesn't mean the stakes here weren't the highest they've been for him.

I also think if you were to read this in trade form all at once, you'd get a different feel of how this battle encounter is supposed to be digested.

Oh no lol, you guys are mistaking me. I'm not underplaying whats going on. I was doing a take on Oblivion's "I've fought mud crabs more fierce than you!" I'm sorry if I came off otherwise. I am totally blown away by this episode! :casca:

Aazealh said:
What fight against an apostle has been tougher?

I wanted ya to elaborate on the Sea God compared to everything these thus far after seeing this episode is all. I was going to compare its difficulty Sea God difficulty to Grunberd. But you are right, thinking about it there isn't any comparison. Especially in size, and number. I just remember what the armor did to Guts by the time that fight was over with Grunberd. Guts was a pin cousin.

For those who have their issues on the way, you're in for a treat! For anyone who needs an incentive to purchase the issue, I hope this'll help you decide and say YES :zodd:!

Poster included ... 1 poster, 2 different faces ... it's obvious which one I'm going to put up ... the difference in art quality/ style/ everything is massive, incomparable ...

Placed the manga (top right) to get an idea on the size :isidro:

OneSide-1.jpg

OtherSide-1.jpg

Yep, I'll go frame-hunting next weekend. I'll most probably take down the 2 fan-art Berserk posters (that I picked up at Otakon '10) I have in the living room and place Miura's drawn poster face in that spot.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Wow, hahaha, the comparison between posters there does absolutely no favors to the Studio 4C artists :ganishka: Looks great, thanks for sharing.

Oburi

All praise Grail
Can someone get an extra issue for me and send it to me? I'll pay you whatever you want plus a little extra :slan:

I went to go order this issue of Young Animal, but Nippon Export is under construction, is there anywhere else anyone can recommend?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Oburi said:
Can someone get an extra issue for me and send it to me? I'll pay you whatever you want plus a little extra :slan:

The issue is hard to find in Japan, was already out of stock in many places yesterday. I had to get mine mail-ordered, so unfortunately I can't help you. And while we're on the topic, the first two issues of the "Young Animal Remix" edition that accompanies the movie's release were out of stock on amazon.co.jp on day one as well. I guess that shows that people are getting excited about Berserk these days. :guts:

Amazing episode :guts:

Aazealh said:
What fight against an apostle has been tougher?

I would say the fight with Ganishka was probably just as tough, without Zodd flying abilities, there is no way Guts could touch him as well...

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Smith said:
I would say the fight with Ganishka was probably just as tough, without Zodd flying abilities, there is no way Guts could touch him as well...

Ganishka was hard to get to, but there was hardly any fight at all as far as Guts is concerned.

Oburi

All praise Grail
Aazealh said:
The issue is hard to find in Japan, was already out of stock in many places yesterday. I had to get mine mail-ordered, so unfortunately I can't help you. And while we're on the topic, the first two issues of the "Young Animal Remix" edition that accompanies the movie's release were out of stock on amazon.co.jp on day one as well. I guess that shows that people are getting excited about Berserk these days. :guts:

Ah, well I bought the poster on ebay for close to $100 anyway. Hopefully, it'll be worth that and more someday. I'm a sucker for Berserk posters man.

Aazealh said:
And while we're on the topic, the first two issues of the "Young Animal Remix" edition that accompanies the movie's release were out of stock on amazon.co.jp on day one as well. I guess that shows that people are getting excited about Berserk these days. :guts:
That's amazing news. Pre-ordered all 6 a while ago and the first 2 will be shipped next week. It means old fans (who already own the original volumes) and new fans are buying the Remix volumes, or at least I'd like to think that!

Top Bottom