What's your favorite kind of sword??

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
A properly well made katana is the best sword there is, no contest. I have a crappy one I bought at A-kon for for $70.
My second is large sword. Y'know like almost any of Guts'.

And, though its not a sword, you can't beat a chainsaw battleaxe!

Oltobaz

Cancer no Deathmask
Right,I'm quite fond of my katana too.I also have a broadsword and an old rusty saber (a family heirloom,kinda).

ShinHell9

I started on here when I was like 14...
I love katanas...they cut the air so beautifully, I sadly don't own one beacause if I'm gonna buy one I'll buy one in japan(if i ever go), but i have used one.

Oltobaz

Cancer no Deathmask
Guys, come on, this is a BERSERK board, so I'll say it again:
WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE KIND OF SWORD GODAMMNIT!!!!?

Kuroi-san

Gonna do something, or just stand there and bleed?
I like Zoddo's big sword. Other than that, the Daedric Dai-Katana from Morrowinf is pretty cool.

P

psymont

manji from blade of the immortal has some pretty cool swords .... kenshin has a nice one .... i have a kodachi and a katana .... my preffered weapons are hanbos though

argon

I love Gatts Fury
Guts' Dragonslayer is my favourite of course 8)
And the second is the one used by Dante in Devil May Cry (sword named Alastor)

so I'd say that I like old-gothic-style sword in general

wunwong

NOw...To gEt mY hANds uNstUcK.....
I personally prefer shortswords and their related cousins. I like the dual-wielding and defensive possibilities.

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
Just your very basic Japanese sword. I'd love to own my own blade, but I know I'd have too much fun chopping things up ^^;;

kamikaze2-23.jpg

Mitsu_dunDee

Sparkles + will-o-the-wisp = BOUM
SK one seems like some stormbringer or mournblade one (lol) , see
it when sk want to kill the egg he talks with his sword...

Mitsu_DunDee

P

psymont

Mitsu_dunDee said:
SK one seems like some stormbringer or mournblade one (lol) , see
it when sk want to kill the egg he talks with his sword...

? really? talks with his sword? i dont remember that? but it would be cool if his sword was sentient .... i have d&d characters with swords that had a link with my mind, fun stuff ....
(ima dork)

T

temporary

I like zatoichi sword. It's a blind man's sword. Its disguised as a walking stick. Very slender. The only problem I don't like about Katana's and other Japanese weaponry is they break compared to bastard swords and medival swords of a much heavier and sturdier build, and compared to Chinese swords, they lack flexibility by comparison. Nonetheless, they are much better for piercing type blows and perhaps the sharpest of all blades. Like many martial art scholars, there's a distinct difference between Japanese Swords and Chinese swords. Japanese swords are more linear, and their swordsplay is very linear too, just like Japanese martial arts compared to Chinese martial arts. But if I were to choose, I'd go for them medival bastard swords. They're much more pratical, and much more durable. Furthermore, they can crush heavy armor.

Anyhow, I must admit, my favorite weapon is the Butcher's cleaver. Something of this resemblance shown below:

butcher_007.gif

Now, being killed by a sword equates to death by a critical strike, but being killed by a cleaver is PURE OWNAGE AND RAPE.

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
I don't think that that is a general superstition. Some places its a matter of honor. I don't buy into that superstition and practice with my sword.

Then again, my luck has an evil sense of irony.

Top Bottom