Resident Evil: Revelations

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Just a brief update: I'm enjoying the game a lot more now that I'm further in. I really like the banter between characters, particularly Parker :guts:

Are you playing with circle pad Walter? Everytime I close my ds and open it, I have to re-enable the circle pad in the options menu. Its annoying :(

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
frankencowx said:
Are you playing with circle pad Walter? Everytime I close my ds and open it, I have to re-enable the circle pad in the options menu. Its annoying :(

Really? It auto-detects it for me.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
frankencowx said:
Yeah when I close the DS and open it, I get a message along the lines of the circle pad not being recognzied. It sucks.

Very strange. Even when I shut it down and start it up again, I just have to press a button and it's autodetected when I launch the game. Are you sure it's well-positioned so that the infrared sensors can communicate with each other optimally? Other than that I don't know... Might be defective? But if you can play with it I don't see why it would be.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Finally finished it after getting about a half hour from the end last weekend (just didn't have time to play during the week). Generally, a different kind of Resident Evil and a much better game than RE5 or Umbrella Chronicles precisely because it got away from the story nonsense in those games, which relied far too much on the nonsense and nostalgia of the original game's stories and characters (Ouroboros indeed). This was a much more straight forward pseudo international espionage plot with bio-terror elements to make it Resident Evil, and it felt a lot more like the older games than anything since Code Veronica because of it (I mean, it all originally started as a police investigation and procedural story with horror elements). So, Jill keeps her perfect record of decent RE games unblemished; as a matter of fact the only thing that can surpass the Resident Evil "Jillogy" (:carcus:) is Leon's respective outings.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Glad we agree on the game's general quality. I expected it to be good but was actually surprised at how much I liked it. Much like Super Mario 3D Land for the Mario franchise this has become one of my favorite entry in the series.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
RAID MODE! :badbone:

At its best it's like RE4 mode; lots of enemies and action, plus you get to build your profile and weapons. It's pretty much a remix of the entire game as an old school level-based shooter (like ME2 =). Adds a ton of replay value (as I said, it's like a whole other game), and I haven't even tried multi-player yet.

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
Finished the game last week. I really enjoyed the game, and was glad I was able to control other players not just Chris and Jill. Thumbs up!

Top Bottom