Berserk Movie OST

Truder

"I frown at Griffith's nipples" -Aazealh
Thank you so much!

PS: random comment: i think i just won a Playstation Vita through the Taco Bell giveaway :isidro:

Going through the soundtrack, I am sold on it. I can't wait to hear how it's incorporated into the film itself. Going back over the track listing, I stand by my comment of "Des Liens Solides" being my most favourite track on there. I think it stands out due to my original thoughts that a lot of Sagisu's quality work may be representative of his previous contributions to productions like Casshern. Based on one of my most favourite tracks from Casshern being this : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExTsYH0sDLc&feature=related
You can almost hear some comparisons with this against the Berserk track later on. I think they picked a great composer for the score.

Thanks for the OST, it's great :casca: Is it only me, or the "Blood and Guts" song's lyrics in the beginning are really "Godhand, Godsend, Guts' hand" or something like that? :ganishka:

Quite nice tracks ^^ ... hope full Aria will be up too soon so far found short version on youtube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lGebdIGVYo

Lukis said:
Quite nice tracks ^^ ... hope full Aria will be up too soon so far found short version on youtube

I just bought the Aria CD, Totsu Gen Hen I CD, and Hen Gen Ji Zai CD from Susumu's website. I CANNOT WAIT TO GET THESE. The end of Aria is SOOOOO DAMN GOODDDDD.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Lukis said:
Yeah I've heard a few versions of the preview, and this one includes the best parts of them all. Sounds great! Can't wait til my CD arrives. :ubik:

Lookie at what I got in the mail today!!! :ubik: :ubik: :ubik: :ubik: :ubik:

SUSUMU x 3!

AlQmAdlCIAEOBqx.jpg:large

BLASTING ARIA RIGHT NOW.

The other 2 CDs are Hen-Gen-Ji-Zai and Totsu-Gen-Hen-I. I ordered all 3 from Susumu's storefront: http://teslakite.com/e/index_cd.htm

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Very nice! Mine should be shipping any day now... Just so I know how close mine is, when did yours ship out?

Walter said:
Very nice! Mine should be shipping any day now... Just so I know how close mine is, when did yours ship out?

I ordered on the 4th, and got the shipping email on the 7th, and received it today on the 9th! Very quick turnaround, and shipping was only $9 for all 3 CDs. Pretty snazzy! I decided to order Aria from Susumu's site because it was cheaper there, and also I feel like CDJapan / Amazon probably take a bigger cut than the Teslakite storefront. And Susumu deserves my MONAY!

But, when the AI CD comes out at the end of the month, I'll order both from CDJapan most likely.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Awww man, only $9.00 for shipping? CDJapan charged me way more. Oh well. I received an e-mail from them yesterday saying that Aria shipped, so I should have it in my mitts sometime next week.

Awwww maaaaan!! Good score and pictures DK!! I used an agent in Japan for the new manga volumes and these CDs, so he's going to ship it to me at the end of the month ^_^

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
I lucked out! Aria was waiting for me when I got home from work this evening. As I told Aaz in a PM earlier: IT'S SO GOOD! :ubik:

Lord Leith

Welcome back Casca
Freaking beautiful music, the french titles do seem a little strange to me *despite french being my second language* I just thought they would use an obvious latin, or simple Japanese name.

A bit late to respond to that fact, but just felt like getting my thoughts out on that.

Oh and Aria is amazing, though I should not expect any less in quality when it comes to Susumu Hirasawa.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
This arrived today finally, straight from Chaos Union :ubik:

aria-arrived1.jpg

It feels nice to know that my money went straight to Susumu's company, and not through a third-party.

aria-arrived2.jpg

This is on the inside of the cover, showing when Griffith first received the Beherit.

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
Walter said:
This arrived today finally, straight from Chaos Union :ubik:
Is this a single for Hirasawa? Or is it an actual full album? If so, give me your thoughts. (Yes, I haven't really payed attention to just how many albums the new anime OST will have).

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Nomad said:
Is this a single for Hirasawa? Or is it an actual full album? If so, give me your thoughts. (Yes, I haven't really payed attention to just how many albums the new anime OST will have).
This is the single for Aria, the song that Hirasawa composed for the new movie. The disc just has two tracks: Aria and the Karaoke version of Aria.

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
Walter said:
This is the single for Aria, the song that Hirasawa composed for the new movie. The disc just has two tracks: Aria and the Karaoke version of Aria.
Cool. I was just wondering if there was more than JUST Aria. Like we discussed, good track. But it feels like the man toned it down a bit. I wonder if it was upon request, or if it was just his own idea.

Ps. I deleted my previous post by mistake if you were wondering :???:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Nomad said:
Cool. I was just wondering if there was more than JUST Aria. Like we discussed, good track. But it feels like the man toned it down a bit. I wonder if it was upon request, or if it was just his own idea.

Ps. I deleted my previous post by mistake if you were wondering :???:
I can't imagine that someone would hire Hirasawa Susumu and then tell him to "cool it, okay?" :ganishka:

I like the track well enough. Once the chorus picks up steam, it has an amazing, soaring, sonorous quality. The biggest critique I have of the track is that it doesn't necessarily build on itself. It's very repetitive and doesn't vary itself much. It builds to the chorus, but then hits that same note three times over.

One thing I do really appreciate about it though is that it sounds like he used a sample from the original anime's soundtrack. If not a direct sample, then it's at least reminiscent of it. Listen to "Ghosts" and then compare that with Sign around the 00:36 mark. That's a nice throwback to the original work he did for Berserk. Though I personally wish it was something from "Murder" instead :void:

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
I was thinking... my OST came with a booklet with the sheet music for each song along with the most of the lyrics translated! Anyone want me to make a MEGA-Post with all of it? :carcus:

EDIT: Also that picture that you got with it Walter, is in the movie.

EDIT 2: reading your post again Walter, that wasn't the OST. Reading comprehension, how does it work?! :troll:

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
Walter said:
I can't imagine that someone would hire Hirasawa Susumu and then tell him to "cool it, okay?" :ganishka:
:ganishka: I'm sure that was not the case. And with zero knowledge of how Hirasawa was approached in this project, I can only speculate. But I wonder if he truly had the ability of making Aria without the production team "altering" it or was he given information of what angle the director wanted. And I'm not stating that his track is a bad one in any way shape or form. But it almost feels like there is something missing. Perhaps it's just me. Regardless... It's Hirasawa, and I'm glad he's back with Berserk, even if it was just the theme song.

Walter said:
One thing I do really appreciate about it though is that it sounds like he used a sample from the original anime's soundtrack. If not a direct sample, then it's at least reminiscent of it. Listen to "Ghosts" and then compare that with Sign around the 00:36 mark. That's a nice throwback to the original work he did for Berserk. Though I personally wish it was something from "Murder" instead :void:
He did use the same bass line sound in 0:36 he used in Forces as a bass line as well. Same style and layer, but only lasts during the high tempo parts. I also noticed that he used the same pattern in Sign (extended version) used in Aria. Intro/main chorus/mellow layout/main chorus again/mellow layout/ Second Chorus/Repeat. One thing I love about Hirasawa is his ability of being extremely unpredictable with his music.

ApostleBob said:
It doesn't look like anyone's posted it yet but someone put together a pretty cool montage of drawing Berserk fan art to the new OST. Nice art too. Linked below.
That's funny. I had originally asked my sister to draw me a cover image for my Hill of Swords track with the same pattern (Dragonslayer and Griffith sword crossed together at the top of the hill). But I immediately stopped her for it didn't feel right :schnoz:.

Top Bottom