Interested in a Berserk podcast?

Would you listen to a podcast about Berserk, with discussion of the series, news and speculations?

• Yes

Votes: 17 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
This is one of the biggest years for Berserk, and it's only going to get bigger as we get further in. The PR junkies are kicking into high gear now that the first movie is out, and the manga is also headed to a crux in the plot very soon: Elfhelm, with a hint about the God Hand “soon” as well. There's a lot to talk about, and forum posts don't always capture the emotion and enthusiasm I and others have for the series.

I'm on the road a lot for my job, but even when I'm just cooking or cleaning the house, I listen to podcasts almost constantly. The ones I frequent the most are the Giant Bombcast, This is Only a Test, and Mike & Tom Eat Snacks. If you aren't experienced with podcasts, they're basically a radio show with speakers who are knowledgeable of subjects. Mostly it's just a bunch of guys hanging out, talking about something they're enthusiastic about, while keeping it entertaining with jokes and personal stories.

As I was out today, getting to the end of my podcast queue for the week, I was thinking how awesome it would be if I could turn on a podcast that was talking about Berserk. Not just the news of what's been happening recently, or predictions on what'll happen in the near-future, but also discussions on the series itself. Things like: What drew us to it? What keeps us here even with extended delays? Was there a moment in the series where you knew you would be in it for the long haul? These kinds of topics come up a lot between Griff, Aaz, and myself in chats, and I'm sure many other members here too. But these subjects don't always lend themselves to forum posts, which generally have to be comprehensive. And there are a lot of insightful comments and observations that I see get lost in the mix, because they don't fit into a larger post.

This podcast would be off-the-cuff talk about the series we love the most.

Using Skype I could feasibly bring in many different users to talk about Berserk with. Doing a good show requires some planning. I wouldn't want it to be TOO unstructured, or it would become a rambling, boring mess that no one would want to listen to. After listening to a few hundred hours of other podcasts, I have some good ideas for how to make an entertaining, informative podcast about Berserk. But before I go any further in planning this thing, I wanted to check and see how many people would actually listen to something like this.

So, who's with me?

SlimeBeherit

[FIGHT][SPELL] [SACRIFICE][ITEM]
My heart skipped a beat when I saw the the title of this thread. I think the amount of discussion that we are able to have in this forum even when there are long breaks, is proof enough that an podcast would be informative and entertaining. So I'm all for it.

Good luck, have Batman

Grail

Feel the funk blast
This sounds like an incredibly fun idea. I'd definitely listen, and I'll be happy to support you guys in any way that I can! :ubik:

turkitage

ターク
Grail said:
This sounds like an incredibly fun idea. I'd definitely listen, and I'll be happy to support you guys in any way that I can! :ubik:

I repeat this.

Also, every so often on Sundays I hop on the skullknight.net chat and I'm sometimes joined by branded, truder, incantation, and others. Just how you mentioned - there are topics that come up that I don't feel have a place on the forum but it's interesting to discuss and talk about in the chat.

So, going off the podcast idea... I'd be interested (in addition to) in some type of weekly/biweekly/monthly chat session to kinda talk about the current state of Berserk. Also, to chat about just the people here themselves in general. I feel I know a lot more about Th3Branded0ne and others through this format than the forums. And it's kinda nice to talk to someone "live" with similar interests that I don't really have outside the internet.

Oburi

All praise Grail
No joke I was just thinking about this the other day. I was even talking to myself for about an hour pretending I was doing a podcast lol. I think this a great idea and I can't believe we haven't discussed this before. Now with the flood of Berserk the world is about to get you are right Walter, now would be the perfect time to do this.

I'm so down. I'll help out in any way I can.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Turkitage said:
So, going off the podcast idea... I'd be interested (in addition to) in some type of weekly/biweekly/monthly chat session to kinda talk about the current state of Berserk. Also, to chat about just the people here themselves in general.

That's what the chat's for. Personally I can make myself available on a regular basis if you guys want to talk.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Great, glad to hear all the positive feedback. I'll try to get an episode up quickly!

Slime_Beherit said:
Good luck, have Batman
Whoa, a fellow GB member? :ubik:

Gobolatula said:
I am absolutely for this.
I'm absolutely interested in having guests.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Just posted the first episode over here: http://www.skullknight.net/forum/index.php?topic=13122

How's that for speedy results?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom