Episode 327

H

hellrasinbrasin

This could be interesting no matter which direction this flashback arc goes into. I say that because their's no way of knowing weather or not ideas for future arcs won't be seeded into this story.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Giovanna said:
Or Miura felt the need of a specific background so he could develop an idea in the future? Any ideas?
Guts just survived an encounter where he was considering his own death, but was saved at the last minute. If these next few episodes are indeed about Guts' life prior to meeting with the Hawks, and after Gambino, they could serve to highlight a time in his life when he thought he didn't need (or want) anyone to support him. This would of course emphasize how he does need friends. Of course, that's somewhat redundant with Ep 221 (Companions).

hellrasinbrasin said:
I say that because their's no way of knowing weather or not ideas for future arcs won't be seeded into this story.
I'm pretty sure that we won't see something from future arcs in the upcoming episodes. I think that Aazealh and Walter are spot on on the possibilities that they are suggesting.

A very interesting turn of events and unexpected as people have mentioned. I am curious as to what part of his childhood this will cover, I believe Walter is correct in his predictions and it makes perfect sense. If so, it would be interesting to see how Guts handled things during this time, I'm also curious to see if there will be any comparisons drawn with Isidro. It looks like I might have to extend my Young Animal subscription too as it's just about drawing to a close.

I agree with Walter and Aazealh.

And maybe, if we broaden the idea that in Elfhelm there is something/someone that can heal emotional and/or psychological wounds, ~maybe~ showing us that part of Guts' past will lead to something related when they arrive there... (Aazealh, you can scold me now, haha)

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
JoeZeon said:
Excited for another episode, but seriously how many detours are we going to get before we get to Elfhelm!?
Don't worry so much. With that attitude, you'll be upset with how long they stay in Elfhelm. :void:

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
Could it be youngster Guts doing some sword practice in that little preview? I'm just curious to know what is the piece of wood in the bottom. Maybe it's part of a scene where we see him do his classic sword swing with logs tied to the sword...

Aazealh said:
During the part of Guts' adolescence that we never saw, i.e. the four years between the time he escaped from his former comrades after Gambino's death and when we saw him go against Bazûso.

I wonder what kind of encounter could occur. Also, picturing this era with Miura's current drawing is highly satisfying. Can't wait.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Walter said:
ep328.jpg

:isidro:

This image deserves a repeat on this page (actually, it deserves it's own thread, why isn't this Episode 328 starting with your post!? =).

My first thought was the same as Aaz, the lost period between Guts' time with Gambino and when he meets the Hawks. Anyway, if not training, it looks like he could be earning his keep right there...

"Bring the firewood boy!"
guts.gif

"Isn't that too heavy for him?"
Magnifico.gif

"How else will he become big and strong!"? :ganishka:

There's a lot of potential here; it could still be Gambino era, the difference in Guts appearance being stylistic, and if not we could find out what other father figure(s) and upbringing, if any, Guts might have had, and what came of it (I would guess nothing good). I hope we'll see Gambino either way, as he should still be fresh in Guts' mind. My immediate fanfic thought involves an actual good mentor-type Guts admires at arms length, but tragically loses before they could become close. Hard to imagine him not thinking more about such a person though.

Another fun possibility is seeing Azan in his prime in some capacity. Before you roll your eyes, he and Guts wouldn't have to meet directly or anything, but perhaps we could see how Guts becomes aware of The Bridge Knight.

"Is an appearance where I don't look like this really out of the question?" :azan:

JoeZeon said:
Excited for another episode, but seriously how many detours are we going to get before we get to Elfhelm!?

More bad news, the episodes after that will be an extended Skull Knight flashback. Another diversion!?

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
This is amazing news. I know it's been said, but I really was not expecting this. I was expecting Falconia. But that's how great Miura is. To be honest, I never thought we'd get another flashback story. It's almost like a new miniature Golden Age. How weird. It's so strange to see new drawings of Guts with both eyes in his head, all young and whatnot.

Fantastic news! Thank you so much for the heads up, Walter (and Olivier)! I definitely wasn't expecting a flashback. I was expecting the story to switch back to Falconia perhaps for Griffith's wedding. It'll be interesting to see what Miura shows us through Guts' childhood (Zodd really is Guts' father?! :troll:). I'm really excited about that. And I'm even more excited for the chance to see what the earlier Golden Age looks using Miura's current style of drawing. Like how we got a peek into what the Golden Age would've looked like if Miura had drawn it using his current style when Owen confronts Guts in Vritannis. But most importantly I'm just excited to have Berserk back! :guts:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
jackson_hurley said:
Could it be youngster Guts doing some sword practice in that little preview? I'm just curious to know what is the piece of wood in the bottom.

I believe he's in shackles, actually (the wooden kind).

Dar_Klink

Last Guardian when? - CyberKlink 20XX before dying
I have to wonder, is this considered 328 or is it like a oneshot type thing? Did any of the sites say anything that confirms for sure it's considered the next episode? Not that I'm exactly doubting that, but I feel a bit weird about a flashback like this all of a sudden. :sad:

hellrasinbrasin said:
Hmm. So based on what Griffith said in his post we have a Guts Chapter set before he crosses paths with the Band of The Hawk then a Skull Knight Chapter hmm... The Skull Knight Chapter might be the longer of the 2.
That's not what he said. He was being sarcastic.

H

hellrasinbrasin

I know he was Joe I was just being facetious.

In any event I'm more interested in the Books then any other medium of the series for the foreseeable future.

Truder

"I frown at Griffith's nipples" -Aazealh
I hope we get another poster for how long this break has been! Maybe a poster featuring the sexy Gambino? But i suppose the colored page will have to do.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Dar Klink said:
I have to wonder, is this considered 328 or is it like a oneshot type thing?

There's no specific information, but I think it's 328. Also, while checking I found another picture of the page that confirms that Guts is indeed in shackles, like I thought.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Aazealh said:
Also, while checking I found another picture of the page that confirms that Guts is indeed in shackles, like I thought.

Yeah, that seemed right on as soon as you said it. Just Guts' luck. :sad:

mhm flashback abouy young Guts will be nice change of pace,though i'm sure it wont be some cheesy happy memories we will see.

Wow. Unexpected.

Walter said:
Guts just survived an encounter where he was considering his own death, but was saved at the last minute. If these next few episodes are indeed about Guts' life prior to meeting with the Hawks, and after Gambino, they could serve to highlight a time in his life when he thought he didn't need (or want) anyone to support him. This would of course emphasize how he does need friends. Of course, that's somewhat redundant with Ep 221 (Companions).

Perfectly logical. Given the fact he's in shackles and probably not in the best of circumstances, I wonder just who, if anyone, will be coming to Guts' aid. I think it'll be pointless to show Guts save himself as he saves his own ass (and others) on a regular basis. Have to agree, I think this flashback is going to highlight the benefit of having others by your side.

Or not, we'll see.

It's interesting to think who bested Guts back in the day. Makes me actually chuckle at the Azan thought. :azan: Doubt it though as neither Guts or Azan recognizes one another during their first encounter. "Helmets Proj!" "Of course!"

This ain't April fools day, right? :isidro:

Definitely unexpected, I''m sooooo curious to see what happened in that period, maybe we'll see Guts getting caught between the Midland - Tudor war, hence he being in shackles? :???:

Top Bottom