Berserk "Dawn and Darkness " Watch

I've seen this watch mentioned in the anime section, but have yet to see anyone here who has purchased one and thought I'd share some close up images and thoughts.

I've been wearing the watch for the past day and it's proven to be of decent quality and very comfortable, if a little weighty. The details on the watch are very neat, specifically the etched image of Zodd on the back (which is unfortunately hidden more often than not) and including one detail not shown in the production photos of Guts' helmet on the poppers that are holding the watch to the strap. I've tried taking a close up shot of the poppers, but there's only so much details I could get (4th picture down)

Whilst the watch is good quality, I would avoid wearing it when you're particularly active, doing sports etc. As the weight of the watch could put a good amount of strain on the pins holding it to the strap that they could end up breaking.

Either way here's some pictures :serpico:

IMG_1933.jpg

IMG_1929.jpg

IMG_1931.jpg

IMG_1922.jpg

IMG_1924.jpg

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for the pictures man. To be honest with you I'm not a fan of the watch itself, it's just not my style. But the lighting up is a nice touch and if that "rough" feeling is what you're going for then it looks like a perfect match. Too bad the bracelet is a bit on the weak side though, its appearance suggests otherwise. And wow, 0000/5000? I can't believe you were the first buyer?! In any case congratulations!

I know, I was incredibly surprised to see my luck at being the first buyer too, I was really happy with that result. This watch matches my kind of dress style, but I wouldn't say "no" to the old Art of War watch either. The strap isn't too weak, I just wouldn't trust it if you're being heavy handed and could knock or send a shock to your wrist. Regardless, I'm happy with my purchase

SUPER congrats on being the first buyer, JezzaX! I've gotta admit, when I saw the watch being advertised, I didn't like the over-all look, it's not something I would wear at all solely because of the strap. Could you take another shot of you wearing the watch please? Thanks! Speaking of watches, I'm perfectly happy with the AOW one that I have and while I stopped wearing it on a daily basis the past few months, I wear it at formal client dinners/ meets, etc.

I love the light effect and the Zodd etching at the back. Boy, 5000 of these are to be made available?! That's a healthy number indeed.

Thanks for that IncantatioN, the only other picture I have right now is this one. If you want something a bit more broad, let me know and I'll sort it out later for you

424189_10150553878480963_516025962_9058163_950717175_n.jpg

Thanks for the pic :zodd:. I think I have a better sense for it now, personal pictures like the ones you first posted make a difference versus what we see online with photoshopped backgrounds/ enhanced images (perhaps?)/ etc.

Very cool. My husband collects watches but he balked at the price of that one. :isidro: It is an awesome watch and it looks cool on you, though. :) Congratulations on being the first buyer!

StarKodama said:
Very cool. My husband collects watches but he balked at the price of that one. :isidro: It is an awesome watch and it looks cool on you, though. :) Congratulations on being the first buyer!

If you look around, the price really varies, this cost me in the region of £100 ($157 US) including shipping, so a fair bit less than the advertised price.

Due to some issues that have occurred lately, in the form of a car crash. I'm currently out of pocket to pay for the repairs and I'm looking down various avenues to drum up the money. As much as I hate to even think about it, since I love all of my Berserk collectibles, I'm currently considering selling this very watch. It hasn't been used much since I took the first load of pictures and has spent most of it's time in the box.

If anyone here has any interest and would consider making me an offer, please let me know. As you can see from the above picture, this appears to be the first watch off the production line and the demand for these very watches is currently in the region of $500 USD http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BERSERK-Akatsuki-to-Yami-no-Toki-Movie-limited-Wrist-Watch-Japan-Japanese-Gift-/190759022207?pt=Wristwatches&hash=item2c6a1fae7f&_uhb=1

i bought one of these two but havnt got around to wearing yet , kind of bought to add to my berserk collection but when i got i was like well damn its real now and i know im not gonna wear it lol .

Top Bottom