Skullknight.NET Podcast: Episode 2

Walter

Administrator
Staff member

Episode 2: http://skullknight.net/podcast/Podcast2.mp3

We're back for another episode, with special guest Gobulatula. The show starts off with a bang thanks to Nomad's new podcast theme. We discuss Episode 327, the status of the Berserk movie in Japan, and our first re-read section where we discuss a section of Volume 10 that could have implications on the future. We also take user questions.

It was a very jam-packed episode. We hit a lot of topics in a short amount of time, leaving us with plenty still to cover for future episodes. Special thanks to Aaz for mixing this episode while I was traveling for work.

I hope you guys enjoy it, and let us know what you think. Questions should be BOLDED so that we can spot them easier.

========================
Episode 2 Notes:

Introductions
  • Who you are
  • Gobs' Introduction
  • Nomad's podcast theme

Berserk News
  • Episode 327
  • Farnese's role moving forward
  • Jan'Anin/Jan Annin
  • The God Hand story "soon" ?

Anime Project
  • Box Office results
  • Black Swordsman Arc is next
  • OST/Aria impressions

Re-Read Section
  • Volume 10: Graveyard to Tower

User Questions
  • Which volume has over exceeded expectations? (-Nomad)
  • Most memorable moments in SK.NET (-Nomad)
  • With so much of your time invested in the Berserk world, does it sort of encroach your personal space and time with your families? (-IncantatioN)
  • Do your homes shout Berserk as you walk in? (-IncantatioN)

Off Topic
  • What've you been playing/watching/reading?
  • Resident Evil: Revelations

========================

Next episode: (within 2 weeks)
Subject: More from 327, the future.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Th3Branded0ne said:
Good episode! I laughed so much when Griff said he was practically in the closet doing this episode. :ganishka:
Yeah, poor Griff. We had to record this one early today because I needed to catch a flight soon afterwards. That meant Griff needed to not disturb people sleeping at his place. :schnoz:

Grail

Feel the funk blast
Another great podcast! I really enjoyed the topic for the reread discussion, and I love how just about everyone pronounces Farnese's name differently. :slan: The Q&A was pretty interesting, as well. I really hope we don't have to wait until the next episode release for the next podcast!

Oburi

All praise Grail
Nice one guys! The quality is insanely better. Everyone is clear and the volume never spikes. Also Gobs you got a natural voice for this. Good job!

turkitage

ターク
Awesome intro music Nomad - it feels very "epic" with bass and other sounds. (I don't know instruments very well.)

This episode was fantastic!! I did enjoy the episode 327 discussion as well. The thing that is hard (for me) to do is be current with the new episodes. Even though Puella translates them for us (which is amazing btw) it sometimes takes a while and hard to discuss the episode to it's fullest. So, I guess that makes it harder for you guys to discuss it in this manner.

I won't lie. That re-read section gave me chills about the thoughts/theories of what could Charlotte do in the future, etc. It's stuff like this that gets me motivated to re-read the series as I just never even thought about that scene again after I've read it.

Btw, the Berserk picture Aazealh mentioned that is hanging on his wall is here: http://www.skullknight.net/forum/index.php?topic=3626.msg190317#msg190317

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
Good stuff guys! Good flow, and interesting points of view in general. Thank you for answering my questions, and yeah I was laughing pretty hard with the "34" almost unison answer.

To all (including podcast) comments about the intro, I'm just glad you guys are happy with it. Thank you for the kind words.:badbone:

Dar_Klink

Last Guardian when? - CyberKlink 20XX before dying
About the part with Guts making the "well it must be because it's dark!" joke to Judo. I felt bad for Judo there. :judo: He has this look on his face like "oh.. they did that?" and Guts is just like :guts: haha funny jokke, eh good buddy? I think this emote is the perfect Judo emote. :judo:

Turkitage said:
Awesome intro music Nomad - it feels very "epic" with bass and other sounds. (I don't know instruments very well.)

This episode was fantastic!! I did enjoy the episode 327 discussion as well. The thing that is hard (for me) to do is be current with the new episodes. Even though Puella translates them for us (which is amazing btw) it sometimes takes a while and hard to discuss the episode to it's fullest. So, I guess that makes it harder for you guys to discuss it in this manner.

I won't lie. That re-read section gave me chills about the thoughts/theories of what could Charlotte do in the future, etc. It's stuff like this that gets me motivated to re-read the series as I just never even thought about that scene again after I've read it.

Btw, the Berserk picture Aazealh mentioned that is hanging on his wall is here: http://www.skullknight.net/forum/index.php?topic=3626.msg190317#msg190317
Agree with everything you said and thanks for posting the link, Turkitage. When he mentioned it on the episode, I knew I'd seen it somewhere earlier.

Great job on the podcast guys and thanks Nomad!

It's always interesting to hear pronunciations of our own screen names, clarity on Gobs (nice to put a voice to that avatar and face)this time and it was Aazealh's (for me) on the last podcast ^_^. When I met Turkitage (turk - i - tij, I used to say 'tage' like 'kage bunshin no jutsu'), I said his name differently and got that clarified hehe.

Thanks for answering my questions, it was fun and interesting to hear how things are set up on your side. I face the problem of living in a small space and having a decent amount to display. Unfortunately, I don't like keeping statues in boxes because I enjoy displaying them so that's kind of a challenge now more than anything because I've run out of room haha! As you walk into my door, I have a book rack with Berserk manga, 2 glass cabinets with only Berserk and the Skull Knight 1:1 bust on my small dining table. I switch between busts from time to time for fun. I've decided to put up the poster (from the YA issue) next to the wall art from Walter in my bedroom. Plus it's also cool to hear what everyone else goes through to keep the hobby alive and how to sort of 'tackle' family in some cases hah, like I do.

Cool insight on the episode 327 and thanks Puella on the correct translations which clarified the God Hand scenario + Black Swordsman possible adaptation transcript.

Keep warm Walter, it's cold this week! And, happy Anniversary (in advance).

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for the comments, everyone. On our side, we've all pretty much agreed this episode was too highly structured. Too much to cover and too little time. The next one should be more laid back, I think. Either way it was fun, and I'm glad you guys enjoyed it.

Whooooooaaaaa. You guys don't sound like I thought you would. *Listening to podcast as I type this* THIS IS AN AWESOME IDEA.

"Not surprising...to ME!" Bahahahaha

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Proj2501 said:
Whooooooaaaaa. You guys don't sound like I thought you would. *Listening to podcast as I type this* THIS IS AN AWESOME IDEA.

Aaz has consistently had the best lines on the podcasts so far :ganishka:

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Th3Branded0ne said:
Good episode! I laughed so much when Griff said he was practically in the closet doing this episode. :ganishka:

Not practically; was. :schnoz:

Grail said:
I love how just about everyone pronounces Farnese's name differently. :slan:

Good rule of thumb concerning pronunciation: don't do what I do. :farnese:

Nomad said:
Good stuff guys! Good flow, and interesting points of view in general. Thank you for answering my questions, and yeah I was laughing pretty hard with the "34" almost unison answer.

I kind of pussed out on that one. The volume I almost mentioned was 26, because of Slan, the wound, the Apostle raid, and especially the armor. It was all so unexpected and fundamentally changed the storytelling formula from then on out via the armor dynamic and Schierke. 34 was truly epic, but it's major changes were expected and the surprises (Femto! Skully!?) actually less consequential.

While I'm clarifying...

-I would have liked to have said more about the Merrows, but again, we had moved on and it was really only to talk about that great shot of them rescuing Guts.

-I didn't introduce myself because of some technical difficulties on my end which required extra work from Aaz, so my thanks to him.

Nomad said:
To all (including podcast) comments about the intro, I'm just glad you guys are happy with it. Thank you for the kind words.:badbone:

It's great man, if I didn't know better I'd think it was a preview from Nosferatu Zodd 3. :zodd:

Walter said:
Thanks for the comments, everyone. On our side, we've all pretty much agreed this episode was too highly structured. Too much to cover and too little time. The next one should be more laid back, I think.

Definitely.

The Skullknight.NET Podcast is so powerful, it will crash iTunes and destroy iPods.

= Fact. :puck:

Edit: RE: Revelations speak followed with BREAKING BAD. That's fucking whip cream on a Berserk cake for me! Guys, this podcast is gold for this site. *Stands and cheers*

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
Griffith said:
I kind of pussed out on that one. The volume I almost mentioned was 26, because of Slan, the wound, the Apostle raid, and especially the armor. It was all so unexpected and fundamentally changed the storytelling formula from then on out via the armor dynamic and Schierke. 34 was truly epic, but it's major changes were expected and the surprises (Femto! Skully!?) actually less consequential.
:ganishka: It felt that way, but who am I to question it? :griffnotevil:. Anywho, It did took my by surprise, but I guess in the end Walter DID say his mind seemed linked with Aaz's mind in a form of a hive... And he wasn't kidding. Word of the wise, don't puss out next time :badbone:.

Walter said:
On our side, we've all pretty much agreed this episode was too highly structured. Too much to cover and too little time.

You guys did fine, there's so much going on right now that it's expected to be saturated. A suggestion would be to whoever the guests are,find a focus point. Example, if any member that has posted art work (Grail, as an example). Use that to your advantage and talk artwork. Same goes with translators, musical (and yes I'm not the only one =p), or just flat out pick out the heavy readers and have a full blown Manga conversation story-wise. It's just a suggestion that I think it will help you give a more smooth feeling.

Proj2501 said:
I spat out my soup this afternoon when I heard Aaz say that, even though I expected it (2nd listen) and now I'm listening to it again, still cracks me up! I also liked his discussion about what the Godhand would do ... "...fucking things up *with a hint of devious excitement*...".

There's a cool alarm ringing in the background ^_^. Walter types SUPERQUICK.

Grail said:

I second this. :serpico:

I enjoyed the podcast but I think I enjoyed the first one better, I guess I prefer the laid back version of the show. Looking forward to the next one.

One comment I have, which I hope won't be taken the wrong way, was that I found the sound of typing during the podcast a bit off-putting.

I have a question for Walter. It seems to me that you referred to Griffith (the admin) as Griffin at least twice during the podcast (one of them at 53:59 if I'm not mistaken). The difference between the way you call Griffith the character and Griffith the admin seemed very clear to me. Was this really so? If so, may I ask why? Sometimes I'm amazed at the things that catch my attention. :farnese:

Dar_Klink

Last Guardian when? - CyberKlink 20XX before dying
m said:
I have a question for Walter. It seems to me that you referred to Griffith (the admin) as Griffin at least twice during the podcast (one of them at 53:59 if I'm not mistaken). The difference between the way you call Griffith the character and Griffith the admin seemed very clear to me. Was this really so? If so, may I ask why? Sometimes I'm amazed at the things that catch my attention. :farnese:
I thought I noticed that too, but it was simply him saying "Griff n' Gobs" like Griff and Gobs with a bit of a pause after the "n."

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
I just finished listening to it and I enjoyed it as much as the first one. I demand more! :mozgus:

In all seriousness, though, I really liked your guys' speculation about Charlotte, and Aaz's recap of the Solitary Island portion of the story. Onto Elfhelm! (Or back to Falconia!).

Grail said:

After listening to the podcast, I checked the way her name is spelled in Japanese and discovered that I'd been pronouncing it incorrectly all these years. :farnese: So in a way, this podcast is improving my Berserk-related knowledge while simultaneously making the work day go by faster.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
m said:
One comment I have, which I hope won't be taken the wrong way, was that I found the sound of typing during the podcast a bit off-putting.

Be glad you weren't subjected to the unedited version. You'd have killed yourself. :ganishka:

Rhombaad said:
In all seriousness, though, I really liked your guys' speculation about Charlotte, and Aaz's recap of the Solitary Island portion of the story. Onto Elfhelm! (Or back to Falconia!).

Wasn't even much of a recap, I had more to say! :iva:

Rhombaad said:
After listening to the podcast, I checked the way her name is spelled in Japanese and discovered that I'd been pronouncing it incorrectly all these years. :farnese:

Turns out Aazealh got it right all along! I'm flabbergasted! :daiba:

Top Bottom