Subs or Dubs?

Subs for me. Among Dubs, Animax released a different Dub for Rurouni Kenshin and Inu Yasha which I prefer a lot more than what's distributed in North America.

Almost always the original language with subtitles. It's funny because when I started watching Japanese anime 16 years ago I would only listen to the English dubs but now looking back at them as an adult I can't get past how hammy most of the acting is, along with the translations being way off. There are however a few dubs that I think are decent like Slayers. I have met Lisa Ortiz, Eric Stuart and Crispin Freeman and can say that they have a lot of passion for trying to get the voices as close to the original as possible.

Mostly subs,though I have specially bought anime like Clannad,Kanon,Air Dubbed since I kinda like their dubs,same with Golden Boy and Ninja Scroll ..I watched Berserk '97 series first dubbed too,so when I watched Jap version I was blown away. I try to avoid dubs,but I recently got Phantom Requiem for The Phantom BD edition and this might be one of rare Funimation have done somewhat decently

I recall when I first found the '97 Berserk anime, I was faced with this choice. I decided that since this had a Medieval Europe setting, it would be more realistic if the characters spoke English instead of Japanese.

I've been pretty adamant about watching subbed versions ever since.

Top Bottom