Manga Worth Collecting???

Well first off I am new to the forum and manga, sorry if this is the wrong place for the thread. So far I have been keeping up with online scans but have decided to start buying the manga from the beginning. So my question is does manga have the same sort of market that vintage comics do? So would it be worth while to get one set to read and another to keep unopened. I understand this has a lot of speculation in it but I would really like to hear your opinions. Thank you

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
LockOn said:
So far I have been keeping up with online scans but have decided to start buying the manga from the beginning.
That's reassuring. Every Berserk fan should buy the manga to support the author and enjoy the material as it was meant to be read.

LockOn said:
does manga have the same sort of market that vintage comics do? So would it be worth while to get one set to read and another to keep unopened.
No.

Well, maybe in some rare cases, but for the most part, no. But by all means, go ahead and buy multiple copies! :ganishka:

Oburi

All praise Grail
Too add to what Walter said, in some rare cases yes. For example, I have been a huge fan of the series Eden which was licensed by Darkhorse. However, they have the series on hiatus and the existing volumes are now kind of rare. I have the whole set in perfect condition :guts:. However, it wont mean much if its left unfinished. :sad: its a great series too. Real shame. Darkhorse did a quality job on it.

Thank you for the info. For now I think I will get one set and maybe a second down the road. This is actually the first manga I have read, I usually stick to the anime. But as I am sure you all know the story is just soo good.

LockOn said:
Thank you for the info. For now I think I will get one set and maybe a second down the road. This is actually the first manga I have read, I usually stick to the anime. But as I am sure you all know the story is just soo good.

:ubik:

You should start from the beginning. The anime cut out significant portions of the manga that made for a much richer story, especially the first 3 volumes.

Went to all the stores that would carry it ended up with 1,5,6,7,33,35. So I guess I will order the rest online in the next day or so.
On a side note I also found a few volumes of Monster another series I really enjoy.

LockOn said:
Went to all the stores that would carry it ended up with 1,5,6,7,33,35. So I guess I will order the rest online in the next day or so.
On a side note I also found a few volumes of Monster another series I really enjoy.

I've gotten all of my volumes through Amazon. I haven't seen any store that sells the volumes any cheaper. The drawback is that sometimes the volumes might have a little folding and denting, but no worse than what you would find at a bookstore.

Part of me wishes that the volumes were PDFs; that way I wouldn't need to worry about opening the book too far and creasing the spine or things like folding and denting.

I think I will get a few off amazon but the majority from the site dark horse comics sends you to. I think it might be a little cheaper in shipping for me.

Top Bottom