AOW / Guts Hawk Soldier 2012 Version LE

Hi guys,

i saw this on AOW's website

Guts: Hawk Soldier 2012 Ver.- Bloody Version

Unit price: 27,000 Yen (tax excluded) (about US$ 324/ €248)
Limited to 100 pieces.
Size: 155 mm (W) x 210 mm (H) x 245 mm (D) (1:10 scale/ sword & base included)
Guts size: 195 mm (H)
Material: Polystone and metal (serial number nameplate)

More info here : http://www.art-of-war.co.jp/english/items/detail.php?gid=347

There is also a standard version for 22,000 Yen

Pretty awesome, ordered both versions. :guts: For once AOW came out with something I liked recently heh, first direct order!

It's a beautiful paint job, no doubt. 10 times better than the previous Hawk Soldier Guts from eons ago. However...

"Guts: Hawk Soldier" is one of the most popular Guts statues. For the past few months, we've received a fair amount of requests for our Guts: Hawk Soldier. Art of War therefore decided to create a new version of this dynamic statue.

I love me some more statues of Guts as a Hawk Soldier, but why not create a brand new Hawk Soldier statue, instead of using the same pose as before? Also, re-releasing super old products like this, is not great practice for limited edition toy companies. Although, admittedly, the Guts Hawk Soldier is not hard to find as I would say a few thousand were made. Still, I hope they don't intend to do this for other past releases...

Good point, DK. I think they're also trying to sync the product with the new movie(s) coming out. I guess we can expect them to re-release the old Griffith Hawk Soldier (or on horse) and Casca Hawk Soldier ones next.

Dr.Legato

Art of War Supporter
Drakull said:
why not change the pose ...
Like this one? =p
PH1322014635.jpg

If the paintjob quality is gonna be anything like this, its a great statue ^^

Pre-ordered the statue from the AOW site . This is the first time I place an order from their site directly. ( Bought two beherits and a PVC Black swordsman from their ebay shop)

It would be great if they release a statue of Guts wearing the Berserker Armor with a similar price tag.

Now let the long wait till the end of August begin. :guts:

why would guts stand in that neutral/museum pose covered in blood?

shouldn't he look tired like the 100 man killer?

i ordered the regular (anime) version... if this realistic version is not bloody i would have ordered also.

wenjamin said:
why would guts stand in that neutral/museum pose covered in blood?

shouldn't he look tired like the 100 man killer?

i ordered the regular (anime) version... if this realistic version is not bloody i would have ordered also.

Nice to see you back in the game wenjamin! :guts: I'm just glad to grab these as I never bought the first one.

The standard statue is too clean for my taste and I think the paintjob on the bloody version is better – the shadowing on the armor and clothes makes them stand out more.

Wenjamin made a valid point about Guts being covered in blood, while taking a neutral pose and had me thinking. Art of War states that they have received a lot of requests for this statue and that they decided to create a new version of it. From a marketing point of view – the base with serial number and nameplate, as well as the splattering blood effects could give a more exclusive feel to the statue and grab the attention of potential buyers. :carcus:

That sentence of AOW has been repeated every time they re-release something or re-paint it. I think it's a standard thing for them to say.

Dr.Legato

Art of War Supporter
People need to learn how to use Yahoo auctions before they send emails to AoW haha!
Guts/Caska project will probably release after the Eclipse anime movie comes out...

Ah! At first I didnt notice there was such a difference between the two. Usually there are just added blood on the second version but now after a closer comparison the non-blood version looks almost like an old-release statue.

It was a pretty clear choice for me.

EDIT: First post btw! Hi y´all! Been kinda lurking for some time..

sensui said:
Nice to see you back in the game wenjamin! :guts: I'm just glad to grab these as I never bought the first one.

i'm still semi-retired, but have a void to fill in the display case (left behind by the head long berserker). :beast:

just joking, hope all is well. :)

wenjamin said:
i'm still semi-retired, but have a void to fill in the display case (left behind by the head long berserker). :beast:

just joking, hope all is well. :)

Hah, it's found a nice home I can guarantee you that. =) Feel free to visit or gimme a call if you got time. Glad to see you collecting still, seeing these statues has somewhat restored my faith that AOW will continue to come out with interesting Guts stuff...lately it's just been.....wacky.....their releases that is.

Top Bottom