Skullknight.NET Podcast: Episode 7

Walter

Administrator
Staff member

Episode 7: http://skullknight.net/podcast/Podcast7.mp3

With Griffith out this time, Aazealh and I dedicate the full episode to answering all the questions members have asked us over the past few podcasts. Throughout them we cover our experiences in MMORPGs, things that have surprised us in Berserk, what we think of the future of the manga industry in Japan, and more. We also talk about our impressions of Mass Effect 3 and Asura's Wrath.

Podcast Notes:
00:00:22-00:19:07 -- Video Game Discussion
00:19:35-01:02:48 -- Member Questions

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
The whole thing with Liara's screen also happens with my PS3 copy. One particular bug I get is that during conversations, if there is movement around Shepard he tends to stare at someone else instead of having eye contact with the person or thing that he's talking to. My Shepard has horrible social skills.

MMO's... heh. I almost lost my wife to that shit. Keep up the episodes guys!

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
Thanks for taking the time for the podcast. About the game's part in the podcast, do you think it's safe to say that Mass Effect as a trilogy is a good one?

I agree that there is more help we as member can offer. I hope I can find something I"m good for to contribute to Sk.net.

I'm the same as Aaz, I don't have any music while listening to Berserk.

P.S. Miss Griff on this one. Too bad he couldn't be here. Nomad that "Serpico " piece was good, the sound reminded me of wind chimes, which fits Serpico :serpico:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Nomad said:
One particular bug I get is that during conversations, if there is movement around Shepard he tends to stare at someone else instead of having eye contact with the person or thing that he's talking to. My Shepard has horrible social skills.

Yeah there were a couple occasions during which Shepard's head was turned weird for me too.

Th3Branded0ne said:
About the game's part in the podcast, do you think it's safe to say that Mass Effect as a trilogy is a good one?

I would. Despite ME2's flaws the game was a very enjoyable experience to me and I can't deny its intrinsic qualities. And so far ME3 is great as far as I'm concerned.

Dar_Klink

Last Guardian when? - CyberKlink 20XX before dying
Very nice podcast guys, thanks for answering my question, it's funny to hear about RPing weirdos and your thoughts on MMOs overall. About my name, it started off as "DarkLink286" way back in seventh grade when coming up with an AOL username, "Dar Klink" came from a friend's brother seeing it all mashed together and asking me "What's Dar Klink?" So I decided to take up that name online to kinda get away from the Xx_420_noscope_Dark_420_Link_xX type name. Any affectionate nickname such as Darkie or just Link is fine by me. :slan:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Dar Klink said:
Very nice podcast guys, thanks for answering my question, it's funny to hear about RPing weirdos and your thoughts on MMOs overall.

No problem, and sorry I couldn't think of anything more interesting to say but there's really too many memories to sift through. I'd have to think back for a while.

Dar Klink said:
Any affectionate nickname such as Darkie or just Link is fine by me. :slan:

Awww. :casca:

Laughed on MMO section and zombie theory :ganishka:, too bad Aazealh didn't give examples from his point of view on that question.

P.S. Loled at how Walter pronounced my name. Well I didn't expect anything else, nor do I care. Who said my pronunciation is correct one ?

7?!! DAMN, I only listened to the first 2 ... time to catch up. I'm not tech savvy at all, hence I'm sorry for the petty question - Once the podcast is downloaded on iTunes, how does one put it on an iPod to listen to on the go? Or is it something you can listen to only when you have the program iTunes open and play it from there? Thanks!

Un-related to the SkullKast's - What are your first impressions of the new trailer for the 2nd movie in terms of the CGI, character art or swooping camera angles that we saw a lot of in the 1st movie's trailers?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
IncantatioN said:
7?!! DAMN, I only listened to the first 2 ... time to catch up. I'm not tech savvy at all, hence I'm sorry for the petty question - Once the podcast is downloaded on iTunes, how does one put it on an iPod to listen to on the go? Or is it something you can listen to only when you have the program iTunes open and play it from there? Thanks!

Un-related to the SkullKast's - What are your first impressions of the new trailer for the 2nd movie in terms of the CGI, character art or swooping camera angles that we saw a lot of in the 1st movie's trailers?
The SkullKast is available on iTunes or any other Podcast program. You can either search for it by name on the iTunes music store, or add it manually by subscribing to: http://skullknight.net/podcast/rss.xml

Here are some visual instructions on how to do it in iTunes manually: CLICK

Once the podcasts are downloaded, just drag them over to your iPod in iTunes. They'll show up under Podcasts.

Do you think Roderick has already played his main role in the story ? How important is he compared to the others protagonists?

What if Guts&co don't use again the Seahorse to travel back from Elfhelm?

Which game(s) you can consider as the hardest you ever played?

Excellent podcasts guys. 2 days ago I remembered this site and got excited when I saw all these podcasts - I went through them all and I got to say, they are excellent!

(Random off-topic tidbit: I signed up on these forums a while back, and almost immediately after I got really busy with my business. Now that things have calmed down for me I have time for myself again! Keep it coming, and I look forward for a second attempt at being an active member here. ;) These podcasts are gonna hook me though)

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
I really enjoyed this one. It was a lot of fun hearing you guys answer some of the questions that have been posted so far. :guts:

I also liked your new piece of music, Nomad. It fits Serpico perfectly. :serpico:

SlimeBeherit

[FIGHT][SPELL] [SACRIFICE][ITEM]
I don't really have recommendation for music to listen to Berserk. But I read Akira to the Portal 2 soundtrack a year ago, it was amazing :judo:

I was just talking about how ridicoulous it seemed that I'm running around to tell a Krogan whether the Persidium had fish in its lake. Of course it sorta payed off when
all my shipmates died besides Dr. Chakwas
, I felt real dumb then. I wanted a female Shapard character, cause I heard that she delivers lines in a more believable fashion, which I find to be true.

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
Rhombaad said:
I also liked your new piece of music, Nomad. It fits Serpico perfectly. :serpico:

Thank you Rhombaad, It's not the peppy, or hard stomping stuff that you would normally hear in a podcast but I much rather cover all the bases for future use for Walter. Personally I saw it fit for the read-through segments, and off course I will continue to make more as time progresses for Skullkast.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Recorded a great episode today, guys. Will be up later tonight as usual.

Guests: Griffith, Nomad, Gobs AND A SPECIAL CAMEO APPEARANCE BY ______.

Great episode guys and thank you for the really awesome podcasts. I was listening to them while I was going back and forth the hospital and home (my wife just gave birth to a little devil :serpico: )

I finished Asura's Wrath a week ago and I really enjoyed it as it was super intense all along. A round of applause to Cyber Connect 2 for an epic experience :ubik:

MMOs. Didn't really get into them alot. I played Ragnarok Online for some time and got myself into Shin Megami Tensei Imagine only because I'm a fan of the series.

Can't wait for the new Skullkast!

Top Bottom