1/6 Berserk Guts Berserker (wolf) Armor version custom figure WIP

After taking a break for a couple of week, I started working on the New Berserker armor version.

For the head, now he is older than Black armor period, so his face got longer with partial white hair. Also this time, his body won't show much skin, so I'm gonna focus more on the motion range and pose-ability. My goal is to get the crouched sitting pose like the statue image in the middle. Color scheme will be a little more blue than black knight armor.
I want to add LED light up in the helmet, but I'm not sure if there will be room for it ..
7009502339_3a154e5d42_c.jpg

To maximize the articulation range, I'm cutting some surface parts from the base body. Now he can do the sitting pose while touching the ground with one hand.
7009502359_b25f7d6d92_c.jpg

New face sculpt with more aged face (WIP). I'm also using the duplicated back head parts from the 1st one with some modification. I came up with a new way of making better eyeball for 1/6 scale figure as well :)
6863387050_384b69ecae_c.jpg

After measuring the face/head, I made a simple structure of head armor and adding shape using epoxy clay.
Also checking the size to the head as I build it.
It will be recast in resin after the shape is complete :)
6863387092_10b85b2023_c.jpg

I'll try to update the WIP once a week (like last time), but my job can go crazy anytime, so I can't guarantee it..

Thanks for keep supporting and checking my WIP!!
Mini update.
Now that I don't have any base armor to work on from like last time, I'm scratch building all the armor pieces.
I'm building the chest armor, thigh armor parts, neck, hand armor and shoulder armor parts (non-articulated parts) out of epoxy clay and resin. The rest will be brass like last time.
Here is a quick update on thigh armor and chest sculpting (WIP)
7028883769_0f5fe18b1d_c.jpg

I'm trying the 'Apoxie Sculpt clay' instead of my usual Epoxy putty. Still getting used to it, but it's pretty good for base sculpting. It takes longer to harden than the other thou.

Here are the Chest base armor pieces (WIP). As I need to make this into 2 pieces wearable on top of HT base body, I'm making back and front shells for mold making.
7028883783_fd58a0f7c1_c.jpg

And here is update on head armor + Neck armor.
Using Epoxy putty, I'm refining the details. I also built the back neck parts out of brass plate. Now it can expand/contract as well as bending about 90 degrees. To get the curves and edges nicely, I made the plus and minus mold frame out of resin, and pressed the plate in between. (frame made out of left over Indy head :lol)
I'm using 1.2mm screws instead of rivets this time. It's difficult to use hammer/rivet setter on curved tiny pieces... (and also it's easier to assemble/disassemble as i need)
7028883795_a30b0ae5a6_c.jpg

Also worked on the lower front armor (codpiece)
Made out of 4 pieces.
All brass pieces will be 'gun-blue' treated later together to be dark blue/black!
7028883813_845763bd6d_c.jpg

Hopefully I will have all the resin armor pieces casted by next update :D

After some struggle, I made the armor shells for the chest and legs. Because they are going over the base body and the thickness needs to be thin enough and relatively constant, I barely got them after 2-3 tries for each parts..

I was going to do some Putty work and sanding after spraying the primer, but I realized that the surface will be scratched left and right while doing the metal work, so I stopped - and the surfaces are still rough :p
6904320540_2efff10ce6_c.jpg

The chest armor is made of front and back 2 resin parts + 3 layers of shoulder armor. These layer pieces are moving along with shoulder/arm. So I'm testing different axis and pivots for better motion range.
Also made the resin parts for head armor and connected the back head cover with screws.
6904320570_286a98e0a3_c.jpg

I was going to use resin parts for the foot armor flex area, but I couldn't get the good motion range. So, I replaced them with metal links and got the good range I wanted.
The upper leg and the knee armors are resin and connected via metal links for best motion range. this part needs to bend around 180 degrees..
7050410143_5937f1ebbf_c.jpg

Did some fitting test on top of thin leather pants. Still I lost about 5 degrees of motion due to the pants thickness.. I guess I need to sand out a little more from the base leg.
7050410171_1a628e2458_c.jpg

It looks like I'll be doing the similar work for the next couple of weeks.
I'll start shin armor, ankle armor and the belly/back armor next!

Lithrael

Remember, always hold your apple tight
Damn! That work looks so nice it's downright sexy. I'm so glad you're sharing your work in progress with us! Great stuff. :guts:

ETA: Love the armor fit test with the knee and the ankle's range of motion. Looks great.

Also, lol @ my post count

frankencowx said:
This is incredible work you're doing here. Keep it up!
Thanks for checking!!

Lithrael said:
Damn! That work looks so nice it's downright sexy. I'm so glad you're sharing your work in progress with us! Great stuff. :guts:

ETA: Love the armor fit test with the knee and the ankle's range of motion. Looks great.

Also, lol @ my post count
Thanks! Still need a lot of work there.. your post counter is....oh 666!!!! :D

This is fantastic! I love the attention to detail you're giving this and the modifications for range of motion on the base body are wonderful.

May I ask what body you're using for the base?

turkitage

ターク
Kyekye, so far this is great!! Like always with your work. I am really curious, do you do this kind of work for a living or something? Or how did you get into this type of work/hobby? Or do you have a website with some of your other works?

I'm just curious on how you get all this material and ideas for all this - it's just over all impressive.

Ryouma said:
kyekye, where does your passion and dedication for this kind of work/art come from ?
I happen to like Berserk Manga and Anime, and model building at the same time :)
yota821 said:
This is seriously really cool. Just reading through, your attention to detail is incredible! Can't wait for more updates! :beast:
Oh. there are other modeler/artists who does a lot more detailed stuff. Usually there are pros thou :p
arrowchild said:
This is fantastic! I love the attention to detail you're giving this and the modifications for range of motion on the base body are wonderful.

May I ask what body you're using for the base?
Thanks, I'm using Hot toys 12" True Type body as a base. everything else is hand made (except for the boots)
Turkitage said:
Kyekye, so far this is great!! Like always with your work. I am really curious, do you do this kind of work for a living or something? Or how did you get into this type of work/hobby? Or do you have a website with some of your other works?

I'm just curious on how you get all this material and ideas for all this - it's just over all impressive.
I've been collecting building garage kits and resin models. It's my hobby for many years. Naturally, I've been buying materials and tools over many years.. I don't have my separate website (other than my job related sites), but I keep my past work on my flickr page http://www.flickr.com/photos/22721140@N06/sets/.

Grail

Feel the funk blast
Turkitage said:
Awesome, thanks for sharing. Those mechs look pretty intense.

Seriously. I suppose that compared to those mechs, the armor that you're working on now isn't as complicated as it seems! As always, greatly impressed with your work, Kyekye. I hope you had a chance to hear us compliment you on the latest episode of the podcast! :guts:

Turkitage said:
Awesome, thanks for sharing. Those mechs look pretty intense.
Thanks!
Grail said:
Seriously. I suppose that compared to those mechs, the armor that you're working on now isn't as complicated as it seems! As always, greatly impressed with your work, Kyekye. I hope you had a chance to hear us compliment you on the latest episode of the podcast! :guts:
Actually 12" figure custom is more difficult to me since I'm relatively new to that field.
and Oh, I got to hear the podcast! It was awesome!! you called me a 'Beast'!! & 'Machine' !! That makes me a Transformer!!
I've been busy with job lately, and also waiting on some material to continue this project. I'll be updating soon thou :guts:

S

Sancez

That sounds good xD

I can imagine how much is complicated the Berserker Armor Cuirass! :guts:

foxhunter said:
WOw hope the project still at progress:) anyway kyekye do you have plans on recasting Guts head? let me know:) thanks
I'm away from home to to my job, and It's currently on hold. I'll get back to it whenever I get back to my home base - or over the holidays :)

First of all, Happy New Year to all SkullKnights!!

Came back home for holiday & vacation
I was going to restart on the project right away, but I got some other piled up stuff to take care (and also got sick - that always happens to me on long holidays or vacation..)
Anyways, I started by making a smaller version of head with LED light unit & switch for the Berserker glowing eyes.

I cut out the head for battery box, 2LEDs and a toggle switch box. Somehow I managed to fit them in there with partial face where it's exposed.
8342000908_bf77743085_b.jpg

And then the more of the armor parts..Arms, Shoulders, Legs and back of the feet.
8340941215_82a82859b9_b.jpg

Proportion test and posing test. (The crouching pose photo came out looking like he has a big head, but actually it's not big. It's because I didn't fit the back head armor all the way in and partially the camera lens)
8340941139_c8f6b213b7_b.jpg

All parts are rough cut and surfaces are still unfinished. Will get there before surfacer and metal treatment.

I'm going away for more business trip next week, so I'll try to do more this weekend before that.

Top Bottom