Arrowchild's Art

While I'm very new to the forum, I thought I would take Th3Branded0ne's advice not to be shy and post some of my Berserk fanart!

I'm actually working on a couple of pieces at the moment, including one of Guts and Griffith that has had me grinning the entire time I've been painting it as well as a Guts chibi. I'll hopfully have them done in a few weeks, but for now, it's mostly Golden Age Griffith:

the_white_hawk_by_ljeves-d4frb4e.jpg

the_queen_must_die_by_ljeves-d4pvyzd.jpg

And then, of course, there's the full drawing of chibi Griffith as he appears in my avatar:

chibi_griffith_by_ljeves-d4v0f5m.jpg

I've been having so much fun creating fanart form this series-Berserk is such a huge inspiration for me!

I also work as a ball jointed doll artist and have in-progress Guts and Griffith dolls that I'm fully customising, (and plans for a Casca), but I'll probably start a different thread for them when I'm ready to share them.

turkitage

ターク
That first one is really good, I love it! The chibi one, of course, is just full of cuteness. Thanks for sharing.

Th3Branded0ne said:
I like them! You sure have the talent for it :guts:
Thanks so much!

Turkitage said:
That first one is really good, I love it! The chibi one, of course, is just full of cuteness. Thanks for sharing.
Thanks! I'd been kicking that first one around for ages before deciding to paint it. I really do need to draw more chibis...

Walter said:
I'm not sure I like the look Griffith is giving me in that second one :magni:

I was creeped out the entire time I painted that one!

IncantatioN said:
Second all 3 comments!

I also like the detail and shading of Griffith's shirt in the first one.
Thank you!

I've been kicking around this painting for ages. The little beast started as a sketch when my husband was watching the opening sequence to Paranoia Agent and suddenly sat up and said, "Hey! Isn't that the guy who sings Berserk?!" :serpico:

And I then had the uncontrollable urge to draw Guts and Griffith laughing Paranoia Agent style.

For the record...I kept grinning as I painted this and my cheeks inevitably hurt afterward.

dream_interpretation_by_ljeves-d5975z4.jpg

Grail

Feel the funk blast
In my experience, if you're having a hard time not laughing when you're drawing, you're usually doing something right. :guts:

You have an interesting style, I like how you mix and match the use of blurs and more solid lines. It can be tough to draw in a semi-realistic style, but I think you're off to a good start. I also think the shading for the beherit steals the show a bit here. :casca:

This looks GREAT, good job! Agree with Grail on the Beherit, it's the first thing I noticed/ zero'd in on when I saw the picture. I like the blur effect for the background as well.

Grail said:
In my experience, if you're having a hard time not laughing when you're drawing, you're usually doing something right. :guts:

You have an interesting style, I like how you mix and match the use of blurs and more solid lines. It can be tough to draw in a semi-realistic style, but I think you're off to a good start. I also think the shading for the beherit steals the show a bit here. :casca:
Thanks! I find that I tend to make the same facial expression as the characters I'm painting while I'm doing it...so you can imagine what I must have been like while working on this one

I'm also hopelessly in love with drawing/painting/sculpting beherits :serpico:

IncantatioN said:
This looks GREAT, good job! Agree with Grail on the Beherit, it's the first thing I noticed/ zero'd in on when I saw the picture. I like the blur effect for the background as well.
Thank you :guts: I've been experimenting a lot with the juxtaposition of blurry and hard lines-I'm glad you like it!

I'm not quite sure what's going on in this one. It started out as a doodle. With more clothing. And considerably less....suggestiveness...but I rather liked the way it turned out in any case :guts: I've been in the mood to draw in a more anime/manga style lately, so here you go! I also didn't give much thought to the fact that Mr. Miura doesn't give his men nipples until I started flipping through volumes for reference shots :serpico:

a_friend_would_find_a_reason_by_ljeves-d5jsy9d.jpg

*I'm also working on a painting right now of Griffith and Casca and kind of loving it.

Grail

Feel the funk blast
It's almost like Guts is saying, "Dude, you're such an asshole... and where did I put my shirt?" :ganishka: I particularly like how the hair came out in this. Guts's has a kind of sleekness to it, which is always so much harder to depict than you'd think! I feel like his skull might be a bit narrow for this angle, though.

Looking forward to the Griffith/Casca picture! :guts:

Grail said:
It's almost like Guts is saying, "Dude, you're such an asshole... and where did I put my shirt?" :ganishka: I particularly like how the hair came out in this. Guts's has a kind of sleekness to it, which is always so much harder to depict than you'd think! I feel like his skull might be a bit narrow for this angle, though.

Looking forward to the Griffith/Casca picture! :guts:

So THAT'S what Guts' internal monologue is here! I've been trying to figure it out ever since doodling it :ganishka: You might be right about the skull shape, (it might have something to do with the resizing I did with it as well-I'll have to go back and look at the original); as it was a quick little drawing I'm not going to sweat it too much, but thanks for the heads-up. Pun intended.

I was a bit disappointed when I saw that this scene, (among others of course!), didn't make it into the 2nd movie. So I decided to paint it :serpico:

am_i___dirty__by_arrowchild-d5wyr8m.jpg

Grail

Feel the funk blast
arrowchild said:
I was a bit disappointed when I saw that this scene, (among others of course!), didn't make it into the 2nd movie. So I decided to paint it :serpico:
I like how you portrayed this scene, nice work! The coloring of the faces seems to be particularly delicate, I'd say it's my favorite of yours so far.

Skeleton said:
Looking good, Arrowchild! It's good to see you're back in action. :)
Thanks!! It's good to be back

Grail said:
I like how you portrayed this scene, nice work! The coloring of the faces seems to be particularly delicate, I'd say it's my favorite of yours so far.
Thanks you so much-I really loved working on this one, especially their faces :guts:

I've added a bit more detail to the background and tweaked my latest one.

I'm actually really in the mood for a speedpaint today...I might just have to do a Guts portrait if I have time. I'll definitely share if I wind up finishing it.

Grail

Feel the funk blast
arrowchild said:
Speedpaint of Guts complete!
I really like your take on Guts in this one! the mix of colors came out nicely. I also really like how you changed the background in the last picture. Not that I disliked how it was originally, but I think pulling it all together was a good call.

Grail said:
I really like your take on Guts in this one! the mix of colors came out nicely. I also really like how you changed the background in the last picture. Not that I disliked how it was originally, but I think pulling it all together was a good call.
Thanks so much! :guts:

Skeleton said:
Guts looks great, Arrowchild! I'm really digging the eyes (his eye?). :)
Thank you! I love painting eyes :serpico:

Very nice work! I especially love your use of layering colours in the flesh tones. Your style would lend itself wonderfully to Oil painting!
And I agree with you on the eyes. They're my favourite part of the painting to work on!

Jackolyn said:
Very nice work! I especially love your use of layering colours in the flesh tones. Your style would lend itself wonderfully to Oil painting!
And I agree with you on the eyes. They're my favourite part of the painting to work on!

Thank you so much! I actually did oil painting as my concentration in college-that's awesome that it still translates :serpico:

Top Bottom