My nightmare

One month ago, i contacted a japanese guy for some help to get this statue on yahoo japan auction : Knight of Skeleton Horse Figure normal version 1/15.

I don't speak or read japanese so i didn't see that on the auction, the statue would be sold without an AOW Box ... And unfortunately, i didn't ask the japanese guy to check the item detail. So i won the auction and i received my statue this week.

My nightmare :

:judo:

turkitage

ターク
That's unfortunate, I'm sorry to hear. One of my biggest fears when I was ordering from Yahoo Japan. I think AOW started up selling used items on their site, or at least had a project at some point for it. That is at least a good option and worth the extra money to ensure it's from a legitimate source.

3 years ago I bought that same 1\15 skull night and it came with torn staps. Also the lady that is in front of horse was ripped off. I was pissed. I hate shopping in there for that reason. I got screwed.
Sorry to hear ur purchase:(

oh man, this is very very bad, how much you pay? and what do you do with statue? can you fix with glue?

I hope you repair statue, nice pieces ...

Oh crap, that sucks, sorry to hear that and to see the statue with small broken pieces. What a bummer! Your options are limited and I recommend you to get it fixed. If the breaks can be seen post fixing, maybe this is a good chance for you to do a re-paint on the whole statue and do SK in Bone perhaps? Also for Japanese text, use a translation tool for websites like Firefox has some or you should copy the text and use Google Translate to translate the text for you.

Yeah Turkitage, but I don't think they've started doing that ... I could be wrong.

^ Agreed with everything IncantatioN said. So sorry to hear, Stardust. Those damages are unfortunately beyond just a normal glue repair. I say you either sell for very cheap ($100 or so) to a hobbyist that can fix it up for him/herself, or you commission someone to repair it + repaint it. Repainting is pretty much necessary, considering all the breaks and re-putty work that has to be done.

Which service did you use? I've been using M-world-service all these years (not the cheapest, but great customer service). And definitely, use google chrome or google translate in the future. I always translate an auction before I bid on it, no matter how legit the pictures look. Generally, I have found Japanese auctions to be very clear and honest in their descriptions. The only time I got "screwed" a bit (recently actually), was I bought an action figure from YJA and when I got it, the whole box + figure smelled like smoke, and I don't believe the auction said "from a smoking home". I didn't think it would be that much of an issue, but MAN, it SMELLS BAD. Not sure how to get rid of it, if it's even possible...

Yes that is indeed bad and wrong of the proxy to not even check your package before sending it off to you....if this happened from the seller to the proxy it could've been resolved much quicker and better....how was the packaging from the proxy to you without the box? As for translation etc, the proxy has somewhat of a duty to answer basic questions and do basic translations.....I hate to repeat this again but the proxy service by my friend on kolektakon has been running for many months now and have had nothing but satisfied customers:

http://proxy.kolektakon.com/

Lowest rates best service....the reason I helped set my friend up with this idea is because of all the ridiculous priced proxies out there with mediocre service. Sorry this happened to you, maybe next time you should ask around before finding proxies. People shouldn't be discouraged from Yahoo Auctions Japan because of stories like this, it's like anything else, you have to know what you're doing....I've been purchasing collectibles off yahoo auctions for years now without issues and am now a pretty seasoned buyer. It also helps that I have a basic knowledge of Japanese and my wife who is Japanese can fill in the blanks. Best of luck with repairs if possible though, going to be a hell of a job from the looks of it.

Thanks all for your support!

I had a professionnal artisan who can help to repair / repaint it but i don t have the original box ...

So if someone want to sell his AOW Box (Knight of Skeleton horse riding figure normal version 1/15) or want to lend his box to be, i ll be so nice.

Thanks for the help of skullers !!

Nicolas

DirectDK said:
The only time I got "screwed" a bit (recently actually), was I bought an action figure from YJA and when I got it, the whole box + figure smelled like smoke, and I don't believe the auction said "from a smoking home". I didn't think it would be that much of an issue, but MAN, it SMELLS BAD. Not sure how to get rid of it, if it's even possible...

Daahaha, that sucks! I picked up an NES and SNES game system off Ebay 2 years ago and it came to me smelling like pot/ weed. I scrubbed the outsides as much as I could but it didn't help at all. One of the consoles had the plastic chipped off on one of the sides and it must've seeped in or whatever. My Mom was coming to visit me the next month and the stench made me give those consoles away =_='

Oh man ....I'm very sorry for you

I ordered many times like you and I get only One big pb, unbelievable

I bade on auction for Zodd Senma and I won
I wait a very long time to pay (I was short on money )
I paid
I received Zodd III

I couldn't do nothing, was too late ... I over paid a little for zodd III

turkitage

ターク
Stardustgatzu said:
Thanks all for your support!

I had a professionnal artisan who can help to repair / repaint it but i don t have the original box ...

So if someone want to sell his AOW Box (Knight of Skeleton horse riding figure normal version 1/15) or want to lend his box to be, i ll be so nice.

Thanks for the help of skullers !!

Nicolas

I'm confused. Why do you need an original box for the professional artist to repaint? If you need to ship, then there are plenty of safe ways to get it nice and tight in a box. If they want to see how it looks all together then plenty of pictures on the internet. Also, curious on an update on this - have you had time to get this repainted?

Turkitage said:
I'm confused. Why do you need an original box for the professional artist to repaint? If you need to ship, then there are plenty of safe ways to get it nice and tight in a box. If they want to see how it looks all together then plenty of pictures on the internet. Also, curious on an update on this - have you had time to get this repainted?

Well, i asked for an original box to secure the return of the statue (my professionnal artisan to my home after a costly repainting)

Incantation, as ever, told me that he could send me his original box for help me!

Unfortunately, to get repair / repaint this statue, it ll cost me around 200 ~ 250€ without shipping ...! Well, I didn't take any decision but I think I ll buy a new one ...!

@drakull : what the f...! I imagine your frustration when you opened the box ...! If one day, I want to buy an another aow statue, I ll use incantation 's proxy service to avoid bad surprise!

Well, thanks for all your support :slan:

Top Bottom