Playstation... All Stars... Battle Royale??

MrWeatherby

What's up, ketchup?
Giantbomb did a Quick Look of this not too long ago. This thing looks like the most unintuitive mess, with the fact that there's no real consequence for taking damage being the most damning factor for me. A good effort as always, Sony! :troll:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
MrWeatherby said:
Giantbomb did a Quick Look of this not too long ago. This thing looks like the most unintuitive mess, with the fact that there's no real consequence for taking damage being the most damning factor for me. A good effort as always, Sony! :troll:

Can't wait for Little Big Planet Karting. That Paper Mario rip-off they showed yesterday looked neat too.

MrWeatherby said:

The consequence is others are gaining supers and you're not..

The games been delayed a month. Maybe they're polishing it up some more. I apologize if I'm being too optimistic =/

MrWeatherby

What's up, ketchup?
frankencowx said:
The consequence is others are gaining supers and you're not..

That's not a consequence of damage, that's a consequence of them hitting you. There is nothing that affects you directly, which is why it's so comical to include level hazards.

MrWeatherby said:
That's not a consequence of damage, that's a consequence of them hitting you. There is nothing that affects you directly, which is why it's so comical to include level hazards.

Getting hit and getting damaged in this game are essentially the same thing. You lose some of your super if you get hit(damaged) by hazards. It spills out in the form of AP orbs for others to grab. Also if opponents hit(damage) you enough you spill out orbs. I think you're wishing for the smash damage floaty system. Its ok, I won't hold it against you.

MrWeatherby

What's up, ketchup?
frankencowx said:
Getting hit and getting damaged in this game are essentially the same thing. You lose some of your super if you get hit(damaged) by hazards. It spills out in the form of AP orbs for others to grab. Also if opponents hit(damage) you enough you spill out orbs. I think you're wishing for the smash damage floaty system. Its ok, I won't hold it against you.

No I'm wishing for a game that doesn't look like garbage.

edit: since you obviously know more about this game than what I've gleaned from lackluster gameplay demos, can you confirm/deny if levels include ring-outs?

MrWeatherby said:
edit: since you obviously know more about this game than what I've gleaned from lackluster gameplay demos, can you confirm/deny if levels include ring-outs?

Not your traditional definition of ring-outs. You can see here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzlGl8kxyDs

At about 0:31 Kratos falls off the stage. He is teleported back on the stage in a stunned state and a lot of his AP orbs spill out around him. I do not know if he takes -1 to his score for a 'death' or not.

Top Bottom