guts vs. zodd .... game vs. manga

P

psymont

now, the game is actually supposed to be a part of the manga timeline right? it took place after albion and on the way elfheim before guts met up with farneze again right? well, in the game guts fights zodd, and holds his own .... as a matter of fact, even on difficult i beat the crap outta zodd without using heals(thanks to the jumping slash .... nice move) .... though in the cinema that follows the fight, both seem outta breath .... zodd gives up essentially saying "we will continue this another day branded one" and then says that casca is in trouble .... doesnt make sense though .... i understand why he gave him his sword during the campaign; he wanted to beat him himself .... why did he tell guts about casca? .... also: guts can hold his own against zodd and according to the game, beat him?!?
???

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I like to think of Zodd's "life bar" as more of a "frustration bar", since when it gets depleted he doesn't die, he just leaves.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
I like to think of Zodd's "life bar" as more of a "frustration bar", since when it gets depleted he doesn't die, he just leaves.

Yeah, Guts is outa breath but Zodd isn't, it just seems that Zodd wanted some fun and then lived when getting tired, besides that, Zodd is the strongest enemy in the game, even the Balzac apostle isn't of his level ... That has a meaning imo.

Kuroi-san

Gonna do something, or just stand there and bleed?
I figure the objective of the fight is to humble Zoddo. Notice how when you deplete his bar, he falls to one knee. I figure Zoddo just wants to see how advanced Guts has become. When he gets knocked to one knee, he's satisfied.

Of course, I haven't read any of the manga where Guts fights Zoddo, so I could (most probably) be wrong.

P

psymont

Aazealh said:

Yeah, Guts is outa breath but Zodd isn't, it just seems that Zodd wanted some fun and then lived when getting tired, besides that, Zodd is the strongest enemy in the game, even the Balzac apostle isn't of his level ... That has a meaning imo.

zodd seemed pretty much outta breath to me .... the voice was hard to understand inthe game though .... very muffled .... youre right though about him being the hardest in the game .... when i fought him the first time(and for about 20 times after that) he beat the shit outta me .... balzak was a chump in comparison(killed first time) .... still, why did zodd tell guts about caska being in trouble? .... also, zodd kills everything: why didnt he kill caska? .... my opion sways to the fact that he knows more than he lets on and didnt kill caska because she was important to future events that involved him ....

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
also, zodd kills everything: why didnt he kill Casca? .... my opion sways to the fact that he knows more than he lets on and didnt kill Casca because she was important to future events that involved him ....

Well, the main reason Zodd appears in the game is to content fans IMO, now, the developers used him as a story renewal factor, he just comes and change the deal, fucks up Balzac's plans, plays with Guts and goes back to what he had to do.

He kills Balzac's soldiers because they'd interfere with his fight, as for Casca, maybe he just doesn't see the point in killing someone that can't fight back, or maybe he knows that Griffith woudn't like Casca to be killed by him in those conditions (place & time), and of course he probably "knows more than he shows and didn't kill Casca because she was important to future events that involved him ...."

About his voice & breath I can't really tell, my French ears just can't find any sense to what he's saying.

ShinHell9

I started on here when I was like 14...
Psymont said:
Aazealh said:

zodd seemed pretty much outta breath to me .... the voice was hard to understand inthe game though .... very muffled .... youre right though about him being the hardest in the game .... when i fought him the first time(and for about 20 times after that) he beat the shit outta me .... balzak was a chump in comparison(killed first time) .... still, why did zodd tell guts about caska being in trouble? .... also, zodd kills everything: why didnt he kill caska? .... my opion sways to the fact that he knows more than he lets on and didnt kill caska because she was important to future events that involved him ....
sounds reasonable, but ballzak hated the mandragora, which seem to be connected to the blue beherit, so maybe zoddo saw ballzak as a problem so he send guts after him

P

psymont

good theory .... however, if zodd really wanted to see guts at his peak of power, all he would have to do is rip caska in half in front of him .... AAARRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!! >:(

Top Bottom