Skullknight.NET Podcast: Berserk Movie Edition

Isn't the writer (Ichiro Okuchi) responsible for the mistakes instead of the director? Sorry if this was a stupid question, not so well used to the english terms

Well, yeah, he was the guy who wrote the scenes, right? Regardless though, we will never know what happened during production, directors can change script as they want to adhere to the production length. The producers could be like pointing at the calendar and saying, "we need this production finished by XX-XXXX, hurry it up" and then the director could chop scenes here and there, or maybe the writer was the guy deciding what stayed and what goes, who knows?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
If anyone wants to be on tomorrow's podcast, let me know via PM. I'd like to have on anyone (up to 5 max) who wants to share their opinion of the movie—positive or negative, doesn't matter. Let's hash it all out together.

We'd be recording at 1 p.m. EST Sunday afternoon, and it would last about an hour. Having a mic that works and Skype installed are the only prerequisites.

We'll also be talking about the upcoming E3 and what we expect from it, so be prepared to say a little about that.

Hope I get a few of you guys, sorry for the short notice! Wasn't sure if I was going to be able to record tomorrow or not.

DAMN! I'm going to be stuck at work (as I am right now). Can't wait to hear the new podcast.

Quick question for whoever's on the podcast - What do you think of Zodd's overall movements during his encounter with Guts? How do you perceive him to be in battle (generally speaking in terms of his speed/ agility)? In Apostle form, he's shown big and slow in the movie 1. Wonder what sort of precedent that sets for movie 3 when Apostles attack the branded Hawks,

H

hellrasinbrasin

SuperVegetto said:
Isn't the writer (Ichiro Okuchi) responsible for the mistakes instead of the director?

No. Both the writer and Director are the dynamic duo responsible for the product that was produced and released.

I thought you guys were exaggerating at least a little, but now that I saw it you are not :C. It didn't feel like berserk at all, and I wanted to like it so much, but it was too rushed, the story was not the same, it badly animated, and with a below average soundtrack too. :judo:

H

hellrasinbrasin

SrCraneo said:
I thought you guys were exaggerating at least a little, but now that I saw it you are not :C. It didn't feel like berserk at all, and I wanted to like it so much, but it was too rushed, the story was not the same, it badly animated, and with a below average soundtrack too. :judo:

The Soundtrack didn't even have a pulse... About the only note worthy piece of music from this production was AI's Beautiful Things and its Music Video. In fact the Music Video for Beautiful Things was the single best piece of Directing and production I have seen from the marketing for the film.

I listened to the pod cast and I have to agree on everything you guys said.
I was expecting a mediocre experience but after watching 30 minutes I got really disappointed where things were going.
The backgrounds and landscapes looked gorgeous , but the CGI was awkward at times and I was not impressed by the voice acting.
Hopefully the second movie isn't as bad. :azan:

Hello!
I'm new here, and I have to say I'm really impressed by the work you have put up with this site. :ubik:

To stay on topic, I enjoyed listening to the podcast, and agreed with almost everything, although I wasn't as personally offended as you guys by this film, if we can call it that.
I do think, as you've stated, that the major changes that were introduced didn't add anything to the "Berserk experience", and in any case, they mislead future fans of each character's personality and motivations.

Thanks again for building such a great place for Berserk fans, and thanks for allowing me here. I'll do my best to keep up with your knowledge about this amazing world and its characters! :guts:

Top Bottom