question about zodd

why do most of the apostles have a strange freakish form like the slug count or wylde and zodd doesn't look freakish at all in his apostle form? I noticed most of the apostles have remnants of their human body on their apostle form, like wylde and roshinu(lucine), while zodd doesn't.

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
I think apostles get some say in what their form is.

IMO, wyld was a "dirty old man" before he was transformed, so he got his tounge/dick in apostle form.
Roshinu clearly wanted an elf form, and got something resembling it, at least in human form.
Slug count may have had an unconscience idea of power that the slug form fit.
The snake baron probably held great esteem for snakes.

Zodd's apostle body seams like its specifly designed for fighting:
It is similar in shape to a human form, so he can still use techniques he knows.
It has the massive horns as built-in weapons.
The wings are just nice for mobility.
Zodd probably desired a strong body, and thats what he got.

Zodd has also been around for 300 years, perhaps with time, an apostle can refine their body to better fit their desires.

Majin Tenshi said:
I think apostles get some say in what their form is.

Zodd has also been around for 300 years, perhaps with time, an apostle can refine their body to better fit their desires.

that theory may be true, because Roshinu had two forms and the final seemed to be much more adapted to her style of fighting. so possibly they have a few forms and the final ends up being the only form after the evolution is complete

P

psymont

i think the snake apostle chose the form of the snake cause that was his armor was when he was human .... he probably felt that his armor struck fear into the heats of the weak .... not alot of background for him huh?

Majin_Tenshi

I'm guessing that the snake baron aquired the armor after becomeing an apostle.
It seemed like he gained his rank after becomeing an apostle. The seamingly solid gold (see:anime) armor seams more aquireable to a baron then a peasant.

krunkster

mankowodaisuki
namayias said:
why do most of the apostles have a strange freakish form like the slug count or wylde and zodd doesn't look freakish at all in his apostle form? I noticed most of the apostles have remnants of their human body on their apostle form, like wylde and roshinu(lucine), while zodd doesn't.
What?
So Zodd doesn't look freakish to you?
And big giant horned monster's usually carry swords and walk on two feet too?
You are blowing me away...

Mitsu_dunDee

Sparkles + will-o-the-wisp = BOUM
I think god hand give apostle the body which best suits their feelings :
->count : body that torture wouldn't bend, etc
->zodd : only think about fighting someone stronger (possibly to become the boss of the world) so in this jungle a l;ion body would be great (horns and tail are just here to say it is a demonic body)

krunkster said:
namayias said:
What?
So Zodd doesn't look freakish to you?
And big giant horned monster's usually carry swords and walk on two feet too?
You are blowing me away...
what i'm trying to say is he looks less grotesque than many of the other apostles i.e. wylde, count, or most of the apostles from the eclipse. He looks like a common (by common i mean often depicted in fantasy stories) demon. Thats why i think he's less freakish, not that if i saw a real life demon walking around slashing people i wouldn't be freaked out.

theblakeman

theblakeman- your local pervert
Zodd was probably noble in his former state, so he most likely got his form because of that. Perhaps the darker you are, the more disgusting your form is. Zodd probably held some sort of nobility in fighting....

roberto999

The Black Chick of Darkness
The snail count was noble too, and a good man, in the deep of his heart.Remember like he refused to sacricife Teresia to save himself?Zod is a savage beast when he fights, literally

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
roberto999 said:
The snail count was noble too, and a good man, in the deep of his heart.Remember like he refused to sacricife Teresia to save himself?Zod is a savage beast when he fights, literally
Aren't Zodd's motives a little more pure? As he said, he doesn't care for the Eclipse ceremony. While all the other apostles gathered to feast on the Hawks and gain strength by leeching off the doomed, Zodd was content to keep watch outside and spar with Skully. I think this is the core of why Zodd looks less grotesque and less "fleshy" than the others.

And yes, this answer is a culmination of all the posts in this thread.

T

temporary

Interesting, or maybe Zodd was a pig to begin with and asked for a human body.

Gatts0800

If you have an ass I will kick it!
I think that each of the apostles takes on a form from their innermost desires. For example Zodd, he probably wanted to be the strongest warrior. Or Roshinu who wanted to be an elf queen. And when they transform it is an extremity of their original form. A good example is Zodd before he transforms into his demonic form his face looks kind of like a bulls. Another good example is the apostle who Gutts kills at the begining of vol 1. She is a beautiful women untill she changes into a gross looking demon.

T

temporary

strange freakish form like the slug count or wylde and zodd doesn't look freakish at all in his apostle form? I noticed most of the apostles have remnants of their human body on their apostle form, like wylde and roshinu(lucine), while zodd doesn't.

S

SoulCrasher

Gatts0800 said:
I think that each of the apostles takes on a form from their innermost desires. For example Zodd, he probably wanted to be the strongest warrior. Or Roshinu who wanted to be an elf queen. And when they transform it is an extremity of their original form. A good example is Zodd before he transforms into his demonic form his face looks kind of like a bulls. Another good example is the apostle who Gutts kills at the begining of vol 1. She is a beautiful women untill she changes into a gross looking demon.

I think desire is the wrong word. I dunno if they desired to be hideous. I think the word your looking for is their nature, that their form takes on what would be a physical manifestation of their inherent temperament. BTW I don't have volume 1 or the volume where Corkus dies, but is she the same apostle?

Majin_Tenshi

Well, Roshinu was cute in her "Human" form.
The snail count wasn't absurdly hideous, just really fat.
The snake Baron just had weird eyes and pointy teeth.

I think they get the form of their desires, but the nature of the power the godhand can bestow is hideous.

Gatts0800

If you have an ass I will kick it!
I think your right that perhapse their "true" form is a ugly gross looking form to show that they are evil. And yes, the demon that Gatts killed in the first vol is the one that killed Corkus. Also the snail count was one of the apostles who raided the Hawks camp and the one who killed Pippin (I think, correct me if I'm wrong.)

Grifth

ZOMBIES they are everywere ....
half bull to simbolize power half feline because of his ferocity the tail and wings just to represent his evil nature, actually miura would answer this question a lot better

Gatts0800 said:
I think your right that perhapse their "true" form is a ugly gross looking form to show that they are evil. And yes, the demon that Gatts killed in the first vol is the one that killed Corkus. Also the snail count was one of the apostles who raided the Hawks camp and the one who killed Pippin (I think, correct me if I'm wrong.)

Roshinu was also involved the raiding of the Hawk camp!

Though i agree most apostles look hideous, but i dun feel Zodd really look that bad, he is cool instead! 8)

Top Bottom