E3 2012

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
This is the only thing worth watching so far:

Ubisoft's Watch Dogs (http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2012-watch-dogs/731081)

First of all, the game looks pretty fantastic from all angles, the sci-fi/modern setting, the gameplay hook they nail in the final seconds, which I won't spoil here and the visuals. These visuals, I'm pretty sure this is the coolest stunt I've seen at an E3 before. Judging by the look of the game's environments, the lighting, cloth effects, it's gotta be running on next-gen hardware, which would make this the first true unveiling of a next-gen game.

Update: Ubisoft says it's a 360/PS3/PC title. But I still don't see how that's possible. The demo must be running on a high-end PC, with a console version that'll be hacked to pieces.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
[Poix told GamesBeat that Ubisoft will be the biggest third-party publisher for the Wii U. This strong show of support at its press conference certainly seems to bolster that claim.
Not too surprising. It was the same last year.

Also regarding tomorrow's Nintendo show, GTA V hasn't been showcased yet at either MS or Sony's show. Wonder if it'll make a splash at Nintendo's show, and if so, what that means.

Only thing worth watching so far? What about the WonderBook Walter??

Honestly though Sony's conference was a bit strange, I'm excited forThe Last of Us though.

Dar_Klink

Last Guardian when? - CyberKlink 20XX before dying
What the fuck is up with Ellen Page being in two games all of a sudden? :???:

ALSO HOW ABOUT THAT THE LAST GUARDIAN FOOTAGE, THAT WAS SURE GREAT WASN'T IT! :judo: :judo:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Draculoid said:
Only thing worth watching so far? What about the WonderBook Walter??
Actually I wasn't able to watch Sony's show live. I just caught the trailers afterwards. Last of Us and Tomb Raider were the highlights for me. Pretty sure Watch Dogs was only shown at Ubisoft's presentation.

Not much shown at EA's show.

Dar Klink said:
ALSO HOW ABOUT THAT THE LAST GUARDIAN FOOTAGE, THAT WAS SURE GREAT WASN'T IT! :judo: :judo:
TGS 2012 :carcus:

As I said in the podcast, Nintendo's show tomorrow is the big one for me. I've actually arranged to take an extended lunch break so I can catch it live. :daiba:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Walter said:

Ubisoft's Watch Dogs (http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2012-watch-dogs/731081)

Wow, looks awesome. Didn't expect anything of that caliber from them.

Walter said:
Update: Ubisoft says it's a 360/PS3/PC title. But I still don't see how that's possible. The demo must be running on a high-end PC, with a console version that'll be hacked to pieces.

I don't know, I mean they've got some pretty neat stuff running on X360/PS3 in the past. There might be some downgrading but I think they can do it.

Walter said:
Also regarding tomorrow's Nintendo show, GTA V hasn't been showcased yet at either MS or Sony's show. Wonder if it'll make a splash at Nintendo's show, and if so, what that means.

I wouldn't count on it. Rockstar has had little to no presence at e3 since 2005. I doubt they will let Nintendo spill the beans on GTAV when they can have all the limelight to themselves at a later date.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2012/05/25/e3-prediction-rockstar-skips-the-festivities.aspx

Also, Watch Dogs looks great! For the security professionals out there, it looks like CISSP: The Game =/

NightCrawler

Aeons gone, vast, mad and deathless
Walter said:

Looks heavily scripted. It's pretty to watch though.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
NightCrawler said:
Looks heavily scripted. It's pretty to watch though.
Of course it's scripted—it's a game demo. But it all looked pretty plausible to me that it could go down like that in-game. Nothing jumped out at me as unrealistically timed, except for the traffic signal timing, but even that looked like it could be done with the right eye.

H

hellrasinbrasin

For me the only E3 2012 games Promoted that I'm even interested in are: Assassins Creed III , Beyond 2 Souls, Lords of Shadow 2 , and Transformers : Fall of Cybertron.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Nintendo conference was quite disappointing. Overall not a very exciting E3 for me. Hope the 3DS show tomorrow has better stuff.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, that was a huge disappointment... Nothing big announced at all. As one person said, the whole show was flaccid.

hellrasinbrasin said:
For me the only E3 2012 games Promoted that I'm even interested in are: Assassins Creed III , Beyond 2 Souls, Lords of Shadow 2 , and Transformers : Fall of Cybertron.
Did you decide that before the show started? :slan:

H

hellrasinbrasin

Walter said:
Did you decide that before the show started? :slan:

I based my decision off of the E3 Trailers released for Titles I'm currently
invested in and Titles that I will invest in.

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
I didn't mind this E3 at all. Sony seem to have finally stopped shoving down people's throat with the 3D stick. And toned down with the Move ordeal. Microsoft's conference? Meh, don't give two shits about Halo. But there were some entertaining things. I haven't seen Nintendo's yet. I'm waiting to get out of work and tune in the DVR. But I have to say that I loved most of the games graphics. Both Microsoft and Sony's tittles look pretty darn good to me. Watch Dog and Beyond were the two games I will be keeping a close eye.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Castlevania: Mirror of Fate demo walkthrough: http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2012-castlevania-mirror/731742

Narrator says there will be four playable characters in total, including Alucard. :beast:

I was skeptical, but now that I've seen it in action for more than 5 seconds (thanks, Nintendo), I actually think it looks quite good.

Due out in the fall.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Walter said:
Castlevania: Mirror of Fate demo walkthrough: http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2012-castlevania-mirror/731742

Narrator says there will be four playable characters in total, including Alucard. :beast:

Nice to see that Nintendo and Bob Hoskins have moved beyond the Super Mario Bros. movie to associate like this.

Walter said:
I was skeptical, but now that I've seen it in action for more than 5 seconds (thanks, Nintendo), I actually think it looks quite good.

At first glance I actually didn't like the visual style, but came around on the second pass.

Anyone else severely let down by the 3DS show last night? I thought he said there would be some surprises.. they mostly talked in detail about the titles they revealed at the Nintendo conference earlier.. 3 Mario related games really? No third party love for Monster Hunter? Fire Emblem? Dragon Quest Monsters? All of which are already out in Japan. I.am.disappoint

Dar_Klink

Last Guardian when? - CyberKlink 20XX before dying
I think in the end this E3 was pretty damn lackluster, Wii U needed more games to show off, less social networking and smart phone related shit. Can't wait for The Last Guardian at TGS!

MrWeatherby

What's up, ketchup?
This E3 seemed anemic to me, though I'm sure the next one is going to be absolute insanity with Sony and Microsoft's next big console reveals (that's got to be what happens.) Speaking of, I'm pretty damn sure Watch Dogs isn't going to come out on this generation of hardware, and I'll eat my shoe if it does.

Oh well, bad E3, not even an entertaining disaster like most of them. Just... pretty boring, really.

http://youtu.be/J84GPzleSsI

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
MrWeatherby said:
Oh well, bad E3, not even an entertaining disaster like most of them. Just... pretty boring, really.
Yeah, it was disappointing in all respects. Like I said in the last podcast, I look forward to both the big reveals AND the embarrassing disasters at shows like this. And I got neither. There was no "One Meeleeon Troops" or "$599 US Dollars." What I got was "Yes, my body was ready!" (which even though I laughed at this, it was so scripted that the humor died the moment it was served).

Top Bottom