Metal Gear 5 confirmed

Johnstantine

Skibbidy Boo Bop
hellrasinbrasin said:
... YES!. Now I can start throwing theories around about what it might be...

1.It could be a complete redux of Metal Gear & Metal Gear 2 Solid Snake akin to how the 1st part of MGS2's game was the prologue and the 2nd part was the main event.

OR it could be a complete crock of shit just like the last few.

Regardless of my distaste for the story (all fourty-plus hours of it), I still enjoyed the gameplay (all 15 minutes of it).

In before Solid Snake is turned into a cyborg ninja.

Seriously though, I'm curious to see in what direction they take the story. Especially since pretty much every character from the series I like is either dead or so old that they might as well be dead.

H

hellrasinbrasin

Additional Metal Gear Solid News - Look for an announcement for Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker 2 down the road.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Meh, this has all relevancy of George Lucas announcing another Clone Wars movie. Enjoy the first three, but its over now.

H

hellrasinbrasin

Griffith said:
Meh, this has all relevancy of George Lucas announcing another Clone Wars movie. Enjoy the first three, but its over now.

If it were any other Director I would agree Griffith. But unlike George Lucas Hideo Kojima will all ways deliver the goods.

MrWeatherby

What's up, ketchup?
MGS4 was painfully mediocre, but it did wrap things up. Sure it might have also been convoluted as shit, but that's it, that's the series. Nothing left to see here, folks! :troll:

So, yeah, not very thrilled with this news.

Just give me MGR:Revengeance and let the rest of the series fade away, please.

Kompozinaut

Sylph Sword
Another MGS? Where's my ZoE 3? On multiple occasions he's said that he would love to do a 3rd installment, but I guess he's been too busy reviving a franchise that he said he would end 4 years ago (almost to the day). We'll see what he does, I guess.

Delta Phi Zeta said:
Another MGS? Where's my ZoE 3? On multiple occasions he's said that he would love to do a 3rd installment, but I guess he's been too busy reviving a franchise that he said he would end 4 years ago (almost to the day). We'll see what he does, I guess.

Wow, I don't remember ZoE 2!

I'll take a new Metal Gear any day to be honest. I could do without the "last chapter" comments that Hideo makes with almost every installment. Peace Walker I really enjoyed. The story is starting to get out there, no defending that.

Agree with a Metal Gear& Metal Gear 2 remake. Even though MGS is quoted as being the equivalent of such... I don't really believe it. I want a Solid Snake/Big Boss show down that I should of had a long time ago.

Truder

"I frown at Griffith's nipples" -Aazealh
I heard somewhere that Kojima thought his last Metal Gear game would have been MGS:2.

I want to see Snake sneak up on cute nurses in a wheel chair at his nursery home while wearing a diaper. :iva:

Death May Die said:
Wow, I don't remember ZoE 2!

Yes there was a ZoE2, and it was pretty good. Look for it in the HD re-release edition akin to all the other ps2 titles that have been re-released this fall. Its going to be bundled with ZoE1 as well.

H

hellrasinbrasin

To answer your question Delta Phi Zeta if you want a ZOE 3 you better tell you're friends to buy the Zone of the Enders HD Collection for the PS3 and 360 when it comes out or you won't get a 3rd game. As KONAMI is going to be monitoring the sales to decide whether to officially approve the production of the 3rd game or not.

Johnstantine

Skibbidy Boo Bop
hellrasinbrasin said:
To answer your question Delta Phi Zeta if you want a ZOE 3 you better tell you're friends to buy the Zone of the Enders HD Collection for the PS3 and 360 when it comes out or you won't get a 3rd game. As KONAMI is going to be monitoring the sales to decide whether to officially approve the production of the 3rd game or not.

tumblr_m50gimicaz1qal9p2.png

Kompozinaut

Sylph Sword
frankencowx said:
Yes there was a ZoE2, and it was pretty good. Look for it in the HD re-release edition akin to all the other ps2 titles that have been re-released this fall. Its going to be bundled with ZoE1 as well.

I didn't know this. That makes me very excited at least.

Griffith

Aazealh said:

Yeah, I wasn't sure how to respond to that. Though...

I think Kojima is more like the Michael Bay of game creators, really... :troll:

Death May Die said:
I'll take a new Metal Gear any day to be honest.

By my count Kojima's already stayed on for one game too many; I don't care about his shitty side projects and spinoffs, but MGS4 was a lot worse than people give it credit for. MGS2 is more hated, but not for a lack of inspiration or ambition, but because it was a left turn nobody waned (plus, it was sort of an FU to gamers =). MGS4 on the other hand was a different kind of insult to one's intelligence, a terribly stupid mishmash as a story and, more unforgivably, even as a game. It was like playing a Transformers movie, or watching like ten of them if you add the cut scene run-times together (to continue the Star Wars comparison, it was desperate like Revenge of the Sith, and only a desperate fan could love it). Pure pain. Kojima should have quit after MGS3 when he actually managed to satisfy just about any Metal Gear fan on every level and made the series as a whole better by bringing out the best in it. Then he went and fucked it up with MGS4, which literally had the the opposite effect; pushing it firmly toward the trash bin by indulging all his and the series' worst tendencies.

Death May Die said:
I could do without the "last chapter" comments that Hideo makes with almost every installment. Peace Walker I really enjoyed. The story is starting to get out there, no defending that.

Starting to? :griffnotevil:

Death May Die said:
Agree with a Metal Gear& Metal Gear 2 remake. Even though MGS is quoted as being the equivalent of such... I don't really believe it. I want a Solid Snake/Big Boss show down that I should of had a long time ago.

Then play Metal Gear 1 and 2. If the end of MGS4 is any indication, I don't need to see any more embarrassing meetings between Flacid Snake and Big Boss.

It's time to... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DHIqUkmj-o

MrWeatherby

What's up, ketchup?
Griffith said:
MGS4 on the other hand was a different kind of insult to one's intelligence, a terribly stupid mishmash as a story and, more unforgivably, even as a game. It was like playing a Transformers movie

You could tell the game was fundamentally flawed as soon as you found any sort of heavy artillery weapon. When the main character of your stealth game is shooting wildly into crowds while screaming at the top of his lungs as if he were Rambo himself, you should take that as a sign that you've misstepped severely.

H

hellrasinbrasin

Metal Gear Solid 4 was a beast it was a beast as it spent 12 1/2 Hours concluding the story of the past 7 games. And once again Kojima like he did in MGS2 with the F.U. to Solid Snake fans he simplified the idea of everything that happened after MG2 to being orchestrated by AI's or in the case of MGS4 "AI's + Nanomachines". I really did enjoy MGS2 as the whole disinformation of the Ads was one of the main points in that game.

Griffith

hellrasinbrasin said:
Metal Gear Solid 4 was a beast it was a beast as it spent 12 1/2 Hours concluding the story of the past 7 games.

It was beastly alright, and here's a picture of that beast:

beached_whale650.jpg

Fat, bloated, and dead under its own weight. Or, to put it another way...

hellrasinbrasin said:
And once again Kojima like he did in MGS2 with the F.U. to Solid Snake fans he simplified the idea of everything that happened after MG2 to being orchestrated by AI's or in the case of MGS4 "AI's + Nanomachines".

Yeah... I think that says it all. If that's the praise one can muster for MGS4 (not totally sure it is =), no more criticism necessary.

hellrasinbrasin said:
I really did enjoy MGS2

So do I. I'd call it a guilty pleasure, but I secretly appreciate it genuinely. :farnese:

H

hellrasinbrasin

I learned the hard way not to play MGS2 when tired... The GW AI told me to turn the console off and I did...
:mozgus:

Top Bottom