Berserk: The Movie?

P

psymont

hmm .... send him the screenplay that ends up winning huh? .... i dont trust it ....

such crap. I'd want the screenplay done by Miura. Then i wouldn't feel like the movie people ripped it to shreds, like they do everything else.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
I was in contact with a guy (Mike) on the production through Skully, here are some questions I asked him and his responses.

What portion of the manga is SquarEarth most
interested in covering?

Orignally we were going to be covering all of the manga's in one long
movie. But then realising that we would have to miss so much it could
not be
done. So we got the idea of basing the movie after the manga series.
The
story line and board are not done at this time, but we will be basing
the
film in mountain area with only a few in town sceens.

What elements does SquarEarth want the screenplay
exemplify best? i.e. action, character and
relationship development, the supernatural etc.

Mainly we would like to stick with story and characters just like the
manga did. Although we will still have major indepth coverage on all
subjects.

How much will SquarEarth be investing in the
production?

We are only expecting to put about $6,000 into the movie. This is for
two
reasons. First, we will not need to spend to much as for the movie is
mainly
based outdoors. And second, this is SquarEarth's first actual motion
picture
so we really don't have all to much to spare. But if Black Sun Over
Midland
is a hit, you can expect a Black Sun Over Midland II to be hitting
theaters
all over North America.

Any other specifications or preferences by
SquarEarth for the Berserk screenplay?

All we really ask for is that you can write with feeling and really
build
up the characters personality the same way Miura did. We also want
things to
be realistic and not to have many computer effects such as have puck in
the
film as we do not have the technology or money for any major computer
effects.

When is the cutoff date for screenplay submission?

Probally sometime in September. The movie probally will not begin
actual
filming until anywhere from 2006 to 2008. So were not in too much of a
major
hurry. But we would really like to get the team together before then.

PS: Im sorry for not resonding to your e-mail for quite some time but I
have
been away on Vacation. I was wondering if you could give me and
nterview to
answer a few more questions that people may have for me and the rest of
SquarEarth.

After that, I emailed the guy some more question but he and Skully never got back to me. I had other stuff to do and sort of forgot about the whole thing, but I did have a Berserk script at one time. =) I also had an idea for a decent $6000 (no Puck indeed) one, but not much point now since I haven't talked to this guy Mike or Skully since. Anyway, I'll believe it when I see it.

-Griffith

P.S. Heh heh, just for a laugh:

Me: "Are they really planning on naming the movie after your site, Skully?"

Skully: "I guess so. I must admit my site's name is pretty catchy. :D"

BOB

poruno sutâ
show me a full length movie with a 6000 $ budget that doesn't turn out to be unintentionally funny
and i'll show you a three legged albino midget with a cleft upper lip!!!!!!!!!!

roberto999

The Black Chick of Darkness
Griffith said:
I was in contact with a guy (Mike) on the production through Skully, here are some questions I asked him and his responses.

What portion of the manga is SquarEarth most
interested in covering?

Orignally we were going to be covering all of the manga's in one long
movie. But then realising that we would have to miss so much it could
not be
done. So we got the idea of basing the movie after the manga series.
Like everyone knows by now ;D english is not my native language. I understand the above like " a movie that begins after the last issues of the manga". It is that so ? A sort of fanfiction then, since none knows what will happen in the next yet to be published issues ( but if the actual filming will begin in 2006 or 2008 we will by then ;D )

orange_behelit

Yes I want FRIES with THAT!
There is no way they can convey the meaning, depth, and power of Berserk in 1 two hour movie. Let this one come out still born.

krunkster

mankowodaisuki
I think you could make a badass two flick if you were creative enough, to write the script for it though.
Imagine this:
Straight from the manga: Volume 6 Chapter 8 through Volume 7 Chapter 5 Page 11.
It begins with going into battle, and there is a clear introduction to Caska, it then ramps up quickly as the battle turns against her, A warrior witha huge sword comes to save her, and they both fall off a cliff. Now we get a background story on Her and then on Griffith who's not even there, all while the romance brews between Her and Guts. The the movie climaxes with the 100 man fight, and Caska fleeing for her life. Movie ends with the Band of the Hawk finding Guts slumped against a tree, and Caska crying as she realizes that he's still alive.

Now that would make a tightly wound berserk mini movie that had it all, romance, battle, the psycosis of Griffith, and the Berserkness of Guts. Unfortunately all the 6000 dollars would go to Costume design, horses, and coreography. But seriously that would make a great movie.

G

Genn21

;D W00t 6000 berserk movie !!!! everyone !!... everyone
(time to pull out that toilet brush theres going to be alot of #@#$ here thats going to need to be cleaned up)6000 dollers
for a guy who proboly drives a volvo to his high production job is not going to turn out a 2 star movie.... "theaters all across america" :-X if more than anything thisle make everyone else hate the damn series if they see this shit fly, we should do somthing to stop this garbage and not encourage it :eek:

:D Wheres super Gutts when i need him

P

psymont

:D Wheres super Gutts when i need him
here he comes to save the day
cust_logo.gif

6,000 for the movie with no puck, why even bother to make this movie, I already can tell its going to be horrible, why ruin such a great series.

T

temporary

That's not the thing, it cost at least $50,000+ to forge the dragon slayer, mind you, find a person that can wield it...

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
They'd just use special effects, no need to forge a sword, anyway 6000$ is not even enough to make a good trailer.

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
heres a thought, special effects are EXTREMELY EXPENSIVE.
It would take a lot more money to convincingly instert the DS into the movie with special effects then it would to just make the thing.

theblakeman

theblakeman- your local pervert
They should make the Dragon Slayer a bit smaller or enlarge it with computer graphics...but then again it is on a 6 grand budget so....-_-

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Sure Majin it is expensive, but nobody's gonna wield a DS or even forge it... Even if they had a million dollars, the actor would play with a plastic sword, enhanced later by computer to make it look good.

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
A video toaster, the most basic item in computer graphics costs $2000. It requires a TV, a VCR and a complet computer to work, none of which are included.

I think I read this is a start up company (I'm not going back through everthing I read). They wouldn't have any of this stuff ahead of time. That would be their entire budget.

Didn't they say somewhere that they were makeing this take place after the manga? Therefore Guts fights would likly be over.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Majin Tenshi said:
A video toaster, the most basic item in computer graphics costs $2000. It requires a TV, a VCR and a complet computer to work, none of which are included.

I think I read this is a start up company (I'm not going back through everthing I read). They wouldn't have any of this stuff ahead of time. That would be their entire budget.

I agree with you, but they still can't make a DS in any other convincing way...

Didn't they say somewhere that they were makeing this take place after the manga? Therefore Guts fights would likly be over.

That'd be a good way of avoiding the fights' problem (apostles?), but they don't know how Miura plans to end the manga.

P

psymont

they should have it take place during the 2 year lapse between when he left godos and when he appeared in the lost children arc .... although i guess that would be vol 1-3 ... well that wasnt two years worth of stuff .... they could make a decent side story for a movie during that time like they made a game during the travel time with caska afetr albion

Top Bottom