Psychotic

Someone very close to me (who I haven't seen in a few years) published this book through Amazon. I recall reading some interesting debates about religion on these forums, and I thought maybe some of you would have a reason to read it. That isn't to say I recommend it, but I would be obliged to hear any opinions at all, considering I have not been able to formulate one myself. It is definitely sickening.

http://www.amazon.com/kindle/dp/B008Y6YFE4/ref=rdr_kindle_ext_eos_detail

I'm not sure exactly how to interpret this. I have always had respect for whatever opinion or criticism I have heard on these forums. So I suppose I want to reform my question.

I guess I can first explain that "sickening" was my immediate reaction to the description only. My reaction to the book (having only read it once over a 6 hour period, late at night after finding it in my email) was one of sympathy toward the author. Again, I'm not sure I know exactly how to feel. There definitely (?) aren't any legitimate "prophecies" here. But I am most concerned with the conclusions I can draw about the author of this text.

I have never been a committed religious person. I have gravitated more toward reason and realism, though I probably shouldn't use such specific terms to identify with; they may be associated with a specific sect of religion, haha.

If nothing else, I would like to know why no one was interested in the book. Anything at all. After reading the preview, was the topic just outdated or overly anti religious? Does it seem to be nothing but a memoir full of angst? If you were compelled to buy the full version, was it too scattered in its message?

I don't have a Kindle and not a big reader ... unless it's something of interest or if someone I know with good taste suggested I read something, I'm less likely to take something up. It's odd, haven't read a lot since I moved to NYC.

That book description though ...

pippin22 said:
Does it seem to be nothing but a memoir full of angst?

... yep ... maybe it's stuff like "... if you dare risk your sanity. You will lose your soul." that's kinda corny to me, sorry.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Don't take it personally. But I can speak for the admins here in saying that religious discussion on an Internet forum never leads to good things, so I just generally steer clear of it. Religion also happens to be something I find totally boring. Same rule applies to national politics.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
pippin22 said:
If nothing else, I would like to know why no one was interested in the book. Anything at all. After reading the preview, was the topic just outdated or overly anti religious? Does it seem to be nothing but a memoir full of angst? If you were compelled to buy the full version, was it too scattered in its message?

Sorry man, I'm sure this is important to you as you came back here after 2 years of inactivity to hawk this book, but I've got a sizeable backlog when it comes to reading, and I'm not going to spend $10 for 146 pages by a new author just based on your recommendation. Aside from that, the topic isn't very compelling to me and the style seems too grandiloquent. If you were to submit it to me for review (for free) I might take the time to check it out since it's short, but even then I'd only do it to be nice.

MrWeatherby

What's up, ketchup?
I do like the book cover, but sadly I won't be picking it up either. Lack of money and a kindle being one thing, but the fact that it's described as being an autobiography from a bipolar schizophrenic disinterests me the most. I work with people with schizophrenia, and I get the same vibe from this description that I do when they're over exaggerating. No offense to your friend intended, I could be way off base here, but that's just how it made me feel. I hope others find his book to be worth the read.

Top Bottom