Nintendo Power Magazine Shutting Down

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
It's sad I suppose, but the magazine was long past its prime. I remember the excitement of getting an issue, like their big Link to the Past issue, in the mail. That was certainly a heady time for childhood gamers. But it's an age loooong since passed.

For anyone interested in revisiting those childhood magazines, this site has them archived: http://www.retromags.com/forums/files/category/1-nintendo-power/

It's worth a look for the covers alone. They're both awesome and hilarious :isidro: :ganishka:

Grail

Feel the funk blast
Not a surprise, but it's kinda sad to think that something I loved so much as a kid is ceasing to exist. I was subscribed back when the first Dragon Quest remakes were coming out for the Gameboy, and I would just spend hours poring over the silly little guides they put together. :ganishka:

Dar_Klink

Last Guardian when? - CyberKlink 20XX before dying
Rest in peace. I still browse through the archives I have of them and have a few older posters from them. :sad:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Dar Klink said:
Rest in peace. I still browse through the archives I have of them and have a few older posters from them. :sad:
Those old magazines are fantastic to read on the crapper. I wish I still had a stack of my old EGMs... :judo:

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
I vividly remember the first six issues since I spent hours going through them as a kid. The only one I've managed to hold on to though is 13, the special SMB3 guide. Still awesome. :guts:

I randomly bought one a while back because it had a preview for Mega Man 10. Felt appropriate. =)

Walter said:
Those old magazines are fantastic to read on the crapper. I wish I still had a stack of my old EGMs... :judo:

Oh man, classic EGM is the best, I got issue 52 and was hooked.

178px-Scd_ElectronicGamingMonthly_Issue52_November1993_000.jpg

These things were HUGE too, like 300 pages (at last it seems that way in my memories). Other favorites include issues 64, 65, 78 (ULTRA 64! :magni:), and I think I had all of those ones with Mortal Kombat 3 covers. Check 'em out:

http://www.playeronepodcast.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/EGM-Covers-1-238a.jpg

Oh, and probably my favorite magazine EVER, the Electronic Gaming Monthly 1995 Video Game Buyer's Guide:

images

Top Bottom