Volume 37

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
Grail found this:
vol37.jpg

Pretty badass.

Grail

Feel the funk blast
Can't go wrong with a classic! :casca: A Chich or Falcionia cover would have been a nice change of pace, but it's hard to be disappointed with BLOOD + GUTS. :guts:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Grail said:
Can't go wrong with a classic! :casca: A Chich or Falcionia cover would have been a nice change of pace, but it's hard to be disappointed with BLOOD + GUTS. :guts:

And we might still get something like that in the mini-posters anyway.

Walter said:
I like the colors here, but it's a lot less ambitious than I had hoped for. Oh well.

I'm a bit surprised by how bluish-gray the surface of Sea God's internal organs are depicted here. I've imagined its innards to be of more translucent reddish-yellow color.

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
Johnny Apples said:
I'm a bit surprised by how bluish-gray the surface of Sea God's internal organs are depicted here. I've imagined its innards to be of more translucent reddish-yellow color.
It kind of goes hand in hand with volume 35's cover.

I had also hoped for something different but looks awesome nevertheless.

I get the feeling its supposed to match with the figure that comes with it.

not a bad cover but a bit underwhelming. I agree about the colours. Really like that mouth/teeth in the background, very menacing!

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
Kind of cool how the new cover is an illustration of the Guts we get as a limited edition Figma that comes with the volume.

The "Beastman" form of Guts is my 2nd favorite of Guts' looks. My 1st being how he looks nowadays, just wearing the Berserker Armor, but not gone berserk.

Looks familiar, was it part of a poster that came out recently with the other side having an image from the new movies, I forget what the other image is, either the GodHand or Femto. If it was poster art, would you know when it was originally released?

SlimeBeherit

[FIGHT][SPELL] [SACRIFICE][ITEM]
There are little goodies in Young Animal that don't necessarily have an episode and by the time i learn about them, I never know how to order them at Kinokuniya. Like this alt. cover, i just found out about it, and it comes out in 3 days in Japan. Is it to late to get a hold of one? People who go to Kinokuniya, how do i go about telling them which one I need? Do i say Young Animal no. 7 or do i give the date of release?

Bender said:
To me it looks like the same type of metallic/reflective look that the cover of the Illustrations File is.

Has a Berserk Volume ever had a alternate cover?

Stopping to study it I think your right. Perhaps its only the still image that make it look awful. In person, I bet the reflective effect isn't too bad at all.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Bender said:
After what was done with volume 34, it's a let down for sure. :sad:

Well for volume 34 it was a specific illustration done for the series' anniversary and drawn by Miura for the occasion. Here it's just a bonus to sell a few more copies of YA, likely just done by the editor.

My old printer/scanner was really struggling on this one. But I have not seen it fully scanned or posted yet, so here it is for those that did not buy the YA.

It does look way better in person, for instance the title, ベルセルク, is a mirror like silver. It does not look very good when it's reflecting the inside of a scanner.

Thanks for sharing that scan, Bender, looks pretty cool. I forgot about it and my local KinoK didn't have that particular issue, so I picked it up from YJA.

My pre-ordered volume arrived in the mail this morning with the Figma. Was excited to see 2 post cards that it came with, in addition to the inner-poster. I'm including pictures below without embedding them, so as not to spoil anyone anxiously waiting for their volumes.

http://i1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee500/Piraancantation/20130401_110526_zps086d0b3a.jpg

http://i1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee500/Piraancantation/20130401_110702_zpscf6b13dd.jpg

http://i1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee500/Piraancantation/20130401_110623_zps0dfface2.jpg

http://i1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee500/Piraancantation/20130401_110641_zps7b3ebb51.jpg

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
IncantatioN said:
Thanks for sharing that scan, Bender, looks pretty cool. I forgot about it and my local KinoK didn't have that particular issue, so I picked it up from YJA.

My pre-ordered volume arrived in the mail this morning with the Figma. Was excited to see 2 post cards that it came with, in addition to the inner-poster. I'm including pictures below without embedding them, so as not to spoil anyone anxiously waiting for their volumes.
Thanks! Rickert and Erica definitely look a little bit older to me in the poster. I remember we were discussing that in the episode those two reappeared in.

Top Bottom