20th Anniversary Model- The Last Repainting Version

[ART OF WAR] Berserk 20th Anniversary Model- The Last Repainting Version

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5ypm5RegyQ&feature=youtu.be

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VooxRglQnME&feature=youtu.be

Limited to 30 / 50 pieces.

I don't know what to think of it.

Do you guys really like the red skin? It's my last chance to get one, but I'm not sure if it's worth with this color

Gobolatula said:
These guys need to get the fucking faces right.

That`s exactly what I thought when I watched the clip. That`s just lazy on their part , but since this is their "last" ( :troll:) repainting of this statue I guess they didn't want to fiddle with the face sculpt. I am not a big fan of the red parts of his body - is his torso soaked in blood? It definitely looks different , but I think that they emphasized a little too much on the red colour ,which serves more like a distraction from the armour.

How many 20th anni. Pieces are out there on total?

100 normal
100 limited
Euro ?
Blood repaint 20 pieces ?
30-50 final repaint

Anything else?

100 x Exclusive ver.1 (Bloodstained armor) Code No. 194

2 x Exclusive Version 2 (without blood effects) Code No. 195

10 x 20th Anniversary Statue Code No. 222

30 x Euro Version Code No. 234

2 x Black Version Code No. 238

There may have been more (maybe at their auctions), I'm not sure but this is what I could gather from AOW's website.

Well, i am sure that euro version = 50 ex! It was a special repaint for the official european AOW retrailer (cyril M.)!

The black version = 30 ex + 2 ex for berserk anime special offer in the begenning of 2011!

Armored_Berserk said:
I thinks this repaint is bullshit, the black version is fa superior...

I won t use this word ('bullshit') but i really don t like this repaint....

As you said, the black version is probably the most beautiful repaint of the 20th anniversary model :slan:

However, it s a good way to catch this statue for those who don t have this model!

Dr.Legato

Art of War Supporter
I DISAGREE, black version looks weird because of the green skin. Also, the original bloodless was either limited to 50 or 100 I dont know why they changed it on the site, I couldn't have been the only one who bought it (well someone else did too).
I don't know what to think of this to be honest, the red is a bit much, but the color of the armor is great also, I am a big fan of this helmet version (originally sculpted for the "euro version").
I really don't like the color of the cape and the sword is way too bloody, so its a no go for me.

I'd buy a bloodless euro version 100% since its a goddamn great sculpt.

But seriously, isnt next year or so the 25th anniversary? Just make a 1/4th version of the "headlong" statue, I'd be all over that!

Dr.Legato said:
I DISAGREE, black version looks weird because of the green skin.

Do you speak about guts's skin? The skin of guts has been painted like this in order to preserve the dark tone of the whole statue (From AOW : Guts' face is painted in a darker color to give the effect of a shadow, thus enhancing a sense of unity and authenticity). But there is an another normal head.

There is also some green color but you don t see it and the result is Awesome. I saw the european version and the Exclusive version I and IN MY OPINION, Black version is really much beautiful! :iva:

I don't know what to think of this to be honest, the red is a bit much, but the color of the armor is great also,

It s the same color of the Black Version :slan:

Dr.Legato

Art of War Supporter
Ah, I thought it looked green... My bad :griffnotevil:
My favourite version would be the original non blood version except I am not a fan of that helmet design.
I asked AoW for a non blood replacement of the helmet only but they didn't do it.
I am not a fan of these blood soaked swords they keep coming up with, its too much and too thick IMO

THIS is how I want a bloody sword to look like instead (also done by AoW).
DSC_8833.jpg

I totally agree about the sword being too bloody, too clogged somehow...and the red under the armor is too bright just like the egg shell on the latest femto (is this lollipop-red-theme their new "thing" or what). Though, it almost looks a bit like burnt flesh, so if you look at it that way its kinda cool, I guess.

Either way, looks like they've left me no choice here since its the last repaint. I keep telling myself I'll be satisfied once I got it on my shelf. Anyway, my favourite is the "8th repaint" version where the gushing blood is the most visible, limited to 10 peices.

Pre-order is up and i took the bite... ...I just cant resist the way they present this statue this time and i've never owned 20th anni. guts.

I'm happy with what they offer... ... No choice left since this is the last repaint.

DUDE!

That looks simply amazing!
My posts must be boring for you all by now, but this level of detail really astonishes me!

Great model, I'm kinda sad I'll probably never have it... But who knows...?

Finally apart of skullKnight! :ubik: I pre-ordered 1 aswell and couldn't be happier with it! ive only been collecting berserk statues for about a year now an really love the level of detail with these 2012 repaints that art of war are doing

Top Bottom