A very interesting Berserk article for us frenchies!

Sammoniac

You taffers!
Today I stumbled upond this relatively recent article (actually, I never saw such a good Berserk article in French). It is very well written and a lot of research was put into it. . Too bad its in french! A lot of people could have enjoyed it.

http://www.discordance.fr/berserk-de-Kentarou-miura-regards-au-fond-de-labime-35115

Sorry if it was posted before! If so please remove my thread.

Actually it comes from my best friend. Seeing my interest for Berserk, he decided to read it. And he loved it. A few months later, he wrote one of the best article about the subject. Not just in french but in general. And, Aaz checked it.

You're totally right when you said he put a considerable amount of research and work into it. Also he's a passionate being and a pretty good writer. I consider this article as the best gift he ever gave to me.

I will show him this post. He'll be very please by your interest and your kind words. Thank you :serpico:

Sammoniac

You taffers!
Ryouma said:
Actually it comes from my best friend. Seeing my interest for Berserk, he decided to read it. And he loved it. A few months later, he wrote one of the best article about the subject. Not just in french but in general. And, Aaz checked it.

You're totally right when you said he put a considerable amount of research and work into it. Also he's a passionate being and a pretty good writer. I consider this article as the best gift I ever had.

I will show him this post. He'll be very please by your interest and your kind words. Thank you :serpico:

Great to know! I hope more people will read it because of this thread, because it really is one of the best Berserk articles. Also, I'm curious about Aaz's opinion on it :serpico:

Sammoniac said:
Today I stumbled upond this relatively recent article (actually, I never saw such a good Berserk article in French). It is very well written and a lot of research was put into it. . Too bad its in french! A lot of people could have enjoyed it.

http://www.discordance.fr/berserk-de-Kentarou-miura-regards-au-fond-de-labime-35115

Sorry if it was posted before! If so please remove my thread.

I suppose a translation for people like me who don't speak French would be far too much to ask, right?

Sammoniac

You taffers!
Arles said:
I suppose a translation for people like me who don't speak French would be far too much to ask, right?

I personally wouldn't be able to do it justice in the translation, it would be kinda rough compared to the original..

Sammoniac said:
I personally wouldn't be able to do it justice in the translation, it would be kinda rough compared to the original..

This is the best I could get from the internet:

http://www.microsofttranslator.com/bv.aspx?from=&to=en&a=http://www.discordance.fr/berserk-de-kentaro-miura-regards-au-fond-de-labime-35115

You can sort-of make sense out of it. Very good read, even in broken English.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
This looks really fantastic. I wish I could read it in its original language. This is the kind of analysis I've always wanted to see of Berserk, and the kinds of discussion I like to have on the podcast.

Kudos to this guy. He should join us :daiba:

Sammoniac

You taffers!
Walter said:
This looks really fantastic. I wish I could read it in its original language. This is the kind of analysis I've always wanted to see of Berserk, and the kinds of discussion I like to have on the podcast.

Kudos to this guy. He should join us :daiba:

He should definitely join us on the forum, or you guys in the next podcast if he speaks English. If not, well maybe he should do a large one with Aaz, in French. It would probably become one the deepest and most epic one to date! And it would be a great gift to Berserk's French community. Still waiting for Aaz's input on the article :guts:

I'm halfway through and so far it's great. A lot of research and thought went into it. Thank your friend please. It's great discussion material.

Thank you all for your kind words. He was very happy with such enthousiatic comments :serpico:

In fact, we decide to translate together the whole thing so it could be available for everyone on SK.net and beyond.
So I can't give you a release date but, we agreed to work on it in the coming months.

I'll give you some news during the process. And when it's done, join a podcast could be pretty neat I guess. We'll see :void:

Sammoniac

You taffers!
Ryouma said:
Thank you all for your kind words. He was very happy with such enthousiatic comments :serpico:

In fact, we decide to translate together the whole thing so it could be available for everyone on SK.net and beyond.
So I can't give you a release date but, we agreed to work on it in the coming months.

I'll give you some news during the process. And when it's done, join a podcast could be pretty neat I guess. We'll see :void:

Very good news! People will love it I'm sure :carcus:

By the way, if you need help with anything, just ask.

I look forward to a proper english translation, as I'm sure much of the community does. I appreciate the effort you're putting forth for it. It's rare to get such a well researched essay on Berserk; I think it's is well deserved as a piece of mythic literature, beyond being a simple action and adventure manga it may appear to be on it's surface. Thanks in advance!

ApostleBob said:
I look forward to a proper english translation, as I'm sure much of the community does. I appreciate the effort you're putting forth for it. It's rare to get such a well researched essay on Berserk; I think it's is well deserved as a piece of mythic literature, beyond being a simple action and adventure manga it may appear to be on it's surface. Thanks in advance!

Ditto.

Ryouma said:

Thanks a lot. That would be awesome :guts:

Ryouma said:

Any word on how this is coming along?

Wow this is the first time I´ve seen this thread and now Im hyped as hell to read this! Very torn wether I should wait for that delicious translation you´re working on or try some of the translation websites by myself. Oh well, I´ll post some feedback if my impatience should get the best of me.. Cheers!

I have read this article, all of it, in french. Even If I don't agree on certain ( minor ) things, this article really does a great justice to Berserk.

As someone who's kept reading Berserk for more than 10 years now, I can say he managed to enlighten most of the essence of Kentarô Miura's masterpiece, and this isn't nothing.

Some references are a bit chaotic, I mean, it could sometimes be a little more ordered, but he really got the point about what he said with Myths and Tales. This is exactly what I've always thought, for the reasons he've said, and it feels really nice to see a good article which exposes it in a good way.

Excellent choice of pictures alongside the article ( even good resolution pics ).

I would be very thrilled to read more detailed articles about some specific elements/ story arcs inside the manga If your friend ever intends to do it in the future.

If you need help with the translation of the article, I could give you a hand.

We thank you all again for the support and the feedback you gave us so far. I'm sorry I didn't respond earlier.

ApostleBob said:
Any word on how this is coming along?
The translation is still on the way. However, we both have a lot on our plate right now, so it's not gonna happen until a few months.

Hanma_Baki said:
Wow this is the first time I´ve seen this thread and now Im hyped as hell to read this! Very torn wether I should wait for that delicious translation you´re working on or try some of the translation websites by myself. Oh well, I´ll post some feedback if my impatience should get the best of me.. Cheers!
Thank you :serpico: Feel free to give us your feedback.

Ryouma said:
Time to ressurect this thread : the translation is done :guts:
My best friend, his mother-in-law and myself have work on it and done our best to be accurate. But please don't hesitate to send me your feedback here.

You can download it here folks !

We wish you a pleasant reading. And if you feel this article is good,
please, like the original article

Thank you, I thoroughly enjoyed reading this profoundly informative and thoughtfully written article. Bravissimo!! :ubik:

:ubik:

That was an amazing read. Thank you so very much taking the time to translate that because google translate does not do it justice.

Top Bottom