1:1 scale replica of Guts DRAGON SLAYER!!!

Well folks. Men, women, and children alike. It's been a long time since Master James created a life-size Berserk replica...

:beast: First --- the Berserker helmet.
:SK: Second --- the Skullknight helmet.
:femto: Third --- the Femto helmet.
:badbone: Fourth --- the Skullknight Sword & Shield (which was never carried through due to lack of demand or interest... but still possible if there are enough people!!! HOLLA IF INTERESTED)

Now, I present to you what I'm sure almost EVERYONE HERE WOULD BE INTERESTED IN...

THE MUTHA FUCKING DRAGON SLAYER.

IncantatioN has been the one corresponding with James on this, so major props to IncantatioN for moving this project forward. We all love you mang! And seeing how this is skullknight.net, YOU KNOW this bad boy is gonna be as accurate and true to form as God Hand intended it!

Here are some initial pictures, and a note from James:

Here is a set of pics in the process. I started with the middle of the sword. You can see me cut it out of wood and then I added texture to it with bondo. I gave it an aged and hammered metal effect like on the first sword you sent me. I really like the look. It will probably look better to you when it's all one color.

Updates to follow.

And of course, if you are interested, please say "fuck yes" below. A tally of people interested will help determine how much the price will be for each sword.

Thanks!

IMG_20120905_092357_800.jpg

IMG_20120905_093902_800.jpg

IMG_20120905_103858_800.jpg

IMG_20120905_103903_800.jpg

IMG_20120906_131532_800.jpg

IMG_20120906_133019_800.jpg

IMG_20120906_140738_800.jpg

IMG_20120906_140749_800.jpg

Thanks a lot, DirectDK~sensei! You're da man :slan:. The work on the 1:1 scale helmets is what inspired this project to be honest. James' meticulous detail with the help of the design ideas/ suggestions passed on by DirectDK and Aazealh helped create those magnificent pieces. So, carrying that ethic forward, it's an exciting privilege to bring you the Dragon Slayer in it's 1:1 scale form.

There were 2 pressing issues about this project. One being the accuracy of the sword design itself to a pure 1:1 scale and the other being the affordability of the sword itself.

With regard to the sword design, James is currently in possession of the last few episodes (I sent him my YA issues) and also the swords off the 1/6th Guts 2010 version + the 20th Anniversary AOW statues. Both those swords to me are pretty different (if you compared them) and what we see in Miura's recent drawings is (slightly) different too. Here's where Aazealh's help was SUPER IMPORTANT and he was graceful enough to give us many guiding pointers whether it be the shape or dimensions (per his posts on the board). My firm belief was I would not go ahead with anything till we got it right, and getting it right meant passing his high standards. So, thank you Aazealh.

With regard to the price, here's the tricky part. If we can get enough members to buy the sword, the cost will come down! So I urge you to spread the word and give some indication of whether you'd be interested or not in purchasing it. Here's the possible price -

For 30 people on board -

$775.00 (Normal version)
$775.00 + $150.00 (Bloody version)

For 50 people on board -

$595.00 (Normal version)
$595.00 + $150.00 (Bloody version)

Shipping prices would vary, depending on where you're buying the sword from. Because it'll be a special sized box, we may be looking at either $85 or $125 within the US. The rest of the world would be twice as much, approximately. There may be the variable of it's weight which isn't accounted for at this point.

The price may seem high, but if we help each other out, we can bring it down to the lower price. This's a custom 1:1 replica, with paint, YOU CANNOT GO WRONG ON THIS right?!?!! Also, seeing James' prior work makes me have the same confidence in him for this project.

Like in the past, I'll update a list of YES and MAYBE so we can gauge who's in and what we'll be paying for the sword ultimately. I will discuss with James on a pre-order price since this project is actually moving at a quick pace! No surprise, this is a BIG YES from me.

YES
1. IncantatioN - Deposit paid.
2. Theoden - Deposit paid.
3. DirectDK - Deposit paid.
4. Maiku - Deposit paid.
5. Mark Gallagher - Deposit paid.
6. Master of the Obvious - Deposit paid.

MAYBE
1. Bloodyjacky
2. Hanma_Baki
3. slan69
4. SeedofKings

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
If I'd have that kind of money available I'd be pitching in head first but sadly for the moment I'm poor. Nice idea though. I'll think about for sure...

Dr.Legato

Art of War Supporter
Shipping would really kill it for me, however would you mind sharing the specifics and such? For the off chance I might have a local artist recreate it...

andrewdsz said:
Can i cut ppl off with this one? SHARP edges??? :mozgus: :mozgus: :mozgus: :mozgus: :mozgus:
Probably, though HIGHLY INADVISABLE!

Bloodyjacky said:
Put me down for maybe. And just in case, how much would a deposit be?
Awesome dude! I'll get to that info below.

jackson_hurley said:
If I'd have that kind of money available I'd be pitching in head first but sadly for the moment I'm poor. Nice idea though. I'll think about for sure...
No problem, the time frame between now and completion is a few weeks.

Dr.Legato said:
Shipping would really kill it for me, however would you mind sharing the specifics and such? For the off chance I might have a local artist recreate it...
Shipping will be a challenge for sure for buyers who aren't living in North America or nearby countries due to factors out of reach like size of the package and weight. We're also trying not to compromise anything about the sword. In terms of the specs, I don't have the exact measurements but there are a few topics on here that were used for reference.

The pre-order price is $350.00 which is middle-ground between those 2 prices on the 30/50 run. I'm hopeful that we can all get together and purchase the sword, thereby effectively bringing the price of the sword down for ourselves!

Request you to PM me if you're interested in pre-ordering the sword and we'll take it from there.

Depending on how many orders there are at a time, the turnaround for a finished sword could be anywhere from 6 to 8 weeks once the mold is finished.

Wow is this epic stuff or what! :guts:

This might sound silly and tbh I don't even know how this would work but would it be possible to make some kinda payment plan..? As it is right now, I probably won't be able to go through with it anyway, but its always good to know IF I an economic opportunity would reveal itself. Oh and I'm overseas...

Lol so sorry for the depressing post, but I just wanna give some hope and positivity so you can put me on the maybe list too.

Hanma_Baki said:
Wow is this epic stuff or what! :guts:

This might sound silly and tbh I don't even know how this would work but would it be possible to make some kinda payment plan..? As it is right now, I probably won't be able to go through with it anyway, but its always good to know IF I an economic opportunity would reveal itself. Oh and I'm overseas...

Lol so sorry for the depressing post, but I just wanna give some hope and positivity so you can put me on the maybe list too.
PM sent, and don't worry, if you have the means, it'll all happen ^_^.

Theoden said:
Hell yes !!!! I'm totally in !!!
Awesome, added to the list. PM me when you're ready to pre-order the sword.

Turkitage said:
This is really cool!!! Derek sure knows how to make things hype.

That being said, I won't be getting this though. =[
Dawwwww. And yeah, his posts remind me of the galaxy throwing frenzy at the end of Gurren Lagann - epic.

Update with pictures below -

"Here's some more pics of the hilt and ornament on the handle. I had to foil the hilt so the resin didn't eat through the foam, but the ornament is a different kind of foam so I was able to resin coat right over top of it. I'll next bodo the ornament and sand it smooth and give it sharper lines to make it more defined."

IMG_20120910_140355.jpg

IMG_20120912_115356.jpg

IMG_20120912_160306.jpg

IMG_20120912_160409.jpg

IMG_20120913_101955.jpg

Nice shoes :slan:

Most likely. I may be switching jobs in which case I will have to move AGAIN. (Just moved 3 weeks ago)

BTW you guys should figure out pricing at 10 people. I have a feeling we are going to have trouble getting enough interest.

I'm going to love to see how this turns out. SO MANY PEOPLE have attempted to recreate this and have fallen short of perfection. If anyone can do it... its Mother Fucking JAMES!

Maiku said:
Most likely. I may be switching jobs in which case I will have to move AGAIN. (Just moved 3 weeks ago)

BTW you guys should figure out pricing at 10 people. I have a feeling we are going to have trouble getting enough interest.

Good luck on the job front ^_^. 10 people, I don't know but we'll see how many people come aboard in a few weeks. I'm hopeful more get on board when they see further progress on the sword. Yes's and Maybe's included we have 6 so far.

OMG....I know it sounds gay but the size of that thing caused me some kinda pre-mature *********** :farnese:

Only an idiot wouldnt buy this shit....and Im afraid Im gonna be just that. Theres still hope though, wont give up without a fight :guts:

slan69 said:
Looks amazing and it's not even finished. :guts: Put me down as a maybe please.
Done!

Hanma_Baki said:
OMG....I know it sounds gay but the size of that thing caused me some kinda pre-mature *********** :farnese:

Only an idiot wouldnt buy this shit....and Im afraid Im gonna be just that. Theres still hope though, wont give up without a fight :guts:
Don't worry man! I began with small savings here and there to afford it, I just have to man up and control my urges haha.

God I can't wait to see this beauty finished !!

I'm still wondering something : The main body of the sword( with grain and texture ) is bothering me. How will it be attached to the handle ? I mean, If we'd like to "swing" the sword, just for fun let's say, will it be attached strongly enough ? Or maybe once the mold is done there will be some specific things about that?

Top Bottom