Nintendo Wii-U gets a release date

Johnstantine

Skibbidy Boo Bop
Looks like it's getting a 11/18/12 release date.

Two different sets will be released: a bare-bones set at $299 USD, and a bundle set that include a 32B hdd and a copy of Nintendo Land running at $349 USD.

I'll be preordering one and most likely selling the shit out of it on eBay since it's a holiday release. Other than that, I don't really have a desire to delve into it as the launch games aren't all that great.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Apparently the New Super Mario Bros. game for it is pretty neat. And it's also getting Bayonetta 2 as an exclusive, which I find pleasantly surprising. Not that I'm all in favor of exclusives or anything (or that I'm going to buy this on launch day because I won't), but it shows that Nintendo is at least trying to get out of its passive stance towards the competition.

Still, releasing a system that is only as powerful as what the old rival systems are feels like a huge gamble to me. If studios follow Sony and/or MS in the arms race towards more power, Nintendo will find itself berated again. On the other hand, if development costs have become so high (and we know they have) that releasing games that would be even more graphically demanding is too challenging for most, they might have something going. And in that regard I think the fact MS in particular has sticked to the Xbox 360 for so long seems to hint at a limit having been reached. That's why they're looking at other ways to improve their services; same with Sony.

Johnstantine said:
I'll be preordering one and most likely selling the shit out of it on eBay since it's a holiday release. Other than that, I don't really have a desire to delve into it as the launch games aren't all that great.

Scalpers like you ruin everything.

MrWeatherby

What's up, ketchup?
Hahaha, a friend and I were betting what the date and price would be, and I guessed 300 on November 17th vs. his 250 during the last week of November. Only one day short!

Viral Harvest

Every Knee Bent Too Shall Break
Johnstantine said:
If it's anything like when I sold my PS3 on eBay for $5,000 12 hours after I bought it, then I don't really care.

Was thinking the same, though I'm not sure if it's going to be worth the flip like the PS3. I'm not sure what the demand for this thing is going to be like, quite honestly. At the very least you get a Wii U though so I guess it's not all that bad.

Top Bottom