iPad

I got one this past week as a present from my boss otherwise I had no intention of buying one. The only thing I've used it for so far is Pandora and Chameleon Clock. It's 16 gigs and in White. I've had literally 30 minutes to play with it so far.

How many of you have an iPad? Enjoy it? What do you use it for/ apps you recommend? I feel like there's some gaming potential in it.

Grail

Feel the funk blast
Wow Canty, you must have a really nice boss. :ubik:

If you ask me, the iPad is more of a status symbol than something that's more useful than an iPhone or a regular laptop. Maybe in a few years it'll have features that will make it worth its price, but I would rather use that money to buy a gaming desktop or a year's worth of lobster rolls or something. :griffnotevil:

I personnally use my Ipad for References purposes. I mean that this way, for my work, I can get references images and it's a plus.
It's also very useful when I come to companies to show my works and my show reel, this way I'm not forced to travel with a computer, or with an usb device that may not work properly on some random workstation..

Plus, I'm waiting to get this masterpiece, for Ipad owners only of course :ganishka:

http://www.scott-eaton.com/2012/venus-of-cupertino-v1

Johnstantine

Skibbidy Boo Bop
I don't have one, but I can tell you about the Christmas where my dad got one for my sister and my mom, and then my mom got one for my dad.

I got a gift card to Dillard's.

I've heard it's pretty good for reading comics and such on. Really, it's best used on the couch, in bed or in the bathroom where a laptop would be more awkward.

Johnstantine said:
I don't have one, but I can tell you about the Christmas where my dad got one for my sister and my mom, and then my mom got one for my dad.

I got a gift card to Dillard's.

:ganishka:

That sounds like something my family would do, lol.

Going from one panel to another and trying to do something in between is such a drag on this iPad. I appreciate the aesthetics of 1 button, but come on, this is like doing everything in a not so efficient way. If I want to go back, sometimes I don't see how and I have to exit from the program instead. Sorry I'm in a rush so I'll post more later.

Comic/ Manga reading apps, like? Any cool free games? Drawing software?

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
I have an Ipod touch, and it's similar to an Ipad, just smaller. I think it's to use "on the go" more than anything else. I just check my emails, listen to music and read sk.nets posts. Games are not stellar, most are just to kill time and have a quick game fix. They do last longer on battery life than your typical laptop, but other than that, it still not as good yet.

Top Bottom