Skullknight.NET Podcast: Episode 21

Walter

Administrator
Staff member

Episode 21 (9/23/2012): Guts' Band

With no Aaz to steer our ship, we spin out of control with two special guests (Johnstantine and IncantatioN) to talk about Guts' Band and what makes the group dynamic work. Rocky IV slips in, and we discuss The Hobbit trailers and vietnamese dog sandwiches. Oh yeah, and Breaking Bad and Vagabond. And One Piece. Also ghosts. That's all I can remember, but it's pretty crazy, guys!

Podcast Notes:
0:21:40 Guts' group dynamics
0:52:40 Movies (The Hobbit), Titanic's extended ending http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2tYHcXNwAk)
1:20:40 *Breaking Bad SPOILERS* (ends at 1:32:40)
1:33:11 Vagabond
2:20:11 Member questions

PS: Our longest episode ever—again

If you have questions for the next show, toss them in the official Podcast Q&A Thread!

Going to listen to episodes 19 and 20 first before I dive into this one, but I heard a short bit and maaan, I think I need more alcohol next time to calm those nerves. I didn't know Aazealh read One Piece, pleasant surprise!

Grail

Feel the funk blast
Fun podcast, guys! Johnstantine and Incantation, you guys did a great job, I hope that you'll have the chance to guest again sometime. :guts: All in all, I felt like the podcast's pacing was nice and light this time around, and the user answers section was super entertaining. Definitely didn't feel like a long podcast!

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks Grail. Yeah it was a pretty fun show. We got sidetracked a bunch, but it paid off.

Next few episodes should be pretty awesome if everything goes as planned. We're tackling a big topic.

Johnstantine

Skibbidy Boo Bop
I had a great time to talking to all of you. Sorry my mic was being such a shit. I didn't realize how bad it was.

I'm proud to be your first plug, guys :slan:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Here's that terribad extended ending of Titanic we talked about, :ganishka: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2tYHcXNwAk

turkitage

ターク
LOL first plug - Johnstantine (9/23/12).

I swear this episode was funny as hell, especially towards the end. I'm actually surprised at all useless movie knowledge Johnstantine had, haha! With Griffith, I always expect that.

The flow was actually pretty good and the other members were great! I keep thinking that you're going to invite a member in from skullknight and it's going to be extremely awkward or an argument or something like that will happen but hasn't happened yet; I do think you should include more random guess - like Oburi! or Dark link!

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
baileys.jpg

Great podcast, guys. Johnstantine & Incantation were great. Nice to finally hear you guys.

I loved hearing Schierke get some much deserved props. Great discussion on Berserk in general.

It was nice hearing a long Breaking Bad discussion too.

I definitely look forward to your next podcast.

Thanks for answering my question!

Sweet, I really liked the variety of this podcast. Is there any clue/teaser regarding this big subject you'll be tackling?

I usually down half a bottle of vodka before every presentation I make in university (talking in front of 100-150 people in an amphitheater isn't exactly my strong suit) so I understand where you're coming from IncantatioN. :serpico: You and Johnstantine should definitely come back for another podcast in the future.

And damn, I knew One Piece was good... but THAT good? The coup where you guys usurped LuffyKast SkullKast sold me, but One Piece is already like 700 chapters long and some friends who read it have actually told me that it can still easily go on for 700 more. That's 14+ more years in real time! Following Berserk & Vagabond 1 episode at a time for so long has already taken its toll on my sanity, I'm not sure I can handle another awesome series before my own Beast of Darkness takes over me. (So yeah, my fear is actually it being so good that it hooks me like Berserk)

Anyway, thanks for answering my questions. I was half expecting Griffith to give a villain's exposition about skull_l0rd, but I guess the legend lives on. :badbone:

Johnstantine

Skibbidy Boo Bop
Surakemastura said:
Sweet, I really liked the variety of this podcast. Is there any clue/teaser regarding this big subject you'll be tackling?

I usually down half a bottle of vodka before every presentation I make in university (talking in front of 100-150 people in an amphitheater isn't exactly my strong suit) so I understand where you're coming from IncantatioN. :serpico: You and Johnstantine should definitely come back for another podcast in the future.

And damn, I knew One Piece was good... but THAT good? The coup where you guys usurped LuffyKast SkullKast sold me, but One Piece is already like 700 chapters long and some friends who read it have actually told me that it can still easily go on for 700 more. That's 14+ more years in real time! Following Berserk & Vagabond 1 episode at a time for so long has already taken its toll on my sanity, I'm not sure I can handle another awesome series before my own Beast of Darkness takes over me. (So yeah, my fear is actually it being so good that it hooks me like Berserk)

Anyway, thanks for answering my questions. I was half expecting Griffith to give a villain's exposition about skull_l0rd, but I guess the legend lives on. :badbone:

Thanks for the compliments! I'd love to be back on the Skullcast, but it's completely up to the admins!

As for One Piece, it's a bit different than Berserk and Vagabond. It's released on a weekly basis, although occasionally it goes on break for a week. I highly recommend getting into it. It is quite the undertaking, but once you finish reading it you won't regret it. It's truly a wonderful series. Your friends were right about it taking a while to finish. I think, in total, there's going to be about 122 volumes. Right now it's on 67, so there's a ways to go=)

Totally worth it though!

Thanks everyone, sorry I'm late on this topic. It was a pretty cool experience. I had some moments where I couldn't hear anything so I started to talk but it was my internet being glitchy so they were actually talking and all I was doing was interrupting them, SO RUDE and SO EMBARRASSING! I just finished listening to episode 19, so just one more left and then this.

One Piece is fun once you get to a certain point in the manga. For me it was the Alabasta arc when my interest grew but it was cemented with Water 7 and onward. Lots to talk about.

Truder

"I frown at Griffith's nipples" -Aazealh
Holy geeze man. I should have heard this podcast in 2 sittings haha. Great podcast though! I really enjoyed all the topics and it's always funny to hear Walter to into a reaper.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Truder said:
it's always funny to hear Walter to into a reaper.
It seems like you can count on it around the 2-hour mark every time we record :farnese: Really though, if it's going to be a recurring problem, I should just start preparing for it and building that into the show somehow.

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
Awesome Podcast!

Walter, you're not the only one with the Rocky montage issue. I had the similar issue... For years. You should check out Vince Dicola's work in general if you liked his work with Rocky 4. He's a very under rated composer sadly.

Loved the Skull0rd "answers" lol.

IncantatioN said:
Thanks everyone, sorry I'm late on this topic. It was a pretty cool experience. I had some moments where I couldn't hear anything so I started to talk but it was my internet being glitchy so they were actually talking and all I was doing was interrupting them, SO RUDE and SO EMBARRASSING! I just finished listening to episode 19, so just one more left and then this.

Don't sweat it dude. I had the same issue, and even had a big confusing moment with a member as a result. I think it went out smoothly all things considered :badbone:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Nomad said:
Awesome Podcast! Walter, you're not the only one with the Rocky montage issue. I had the similar issue... For years. You should check out Vince Dicola's work in general if you liked his work with Rocky 4. He's a very under rated composer sadly.
I didn't even think of looking up this guy's work. Good idea, and thanks for the praise.

We were scheduled to record SkullKast 22 his weekend, but with Episode 331 just a week away, we'll be holding off on recording until 10/14, so that we can tie discussion of that in with the first episode about Griffith. It's going to be worth the wait.

Besides, we're all Berserk fans—we're used to waiting for good things :guts:

Lithrael

Remember, always hold your apple tight
Nomad said:
You should check out Vince Dicola's work in general if you liked his work with Rocky 4.

I love Vince to bits for the 1986 Transformers movie score. He's come out to a couple of the Botcons and serenaded lucky fans. He rocks.

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
Lithrael said:
I love Vince to bits for the 1986 Transformers movie score. He's come out to a couple of the Botcons and serenaded lucky fans. He rocks.
First Hybrid and now Vince. You my dear, have great taste :ubik:. A lot of people never realized that the Unicron track came from Rocky IV: Drago's ring entrance theme in the Russia fight scene. He does amazing work indeed, and his philosophy in having a blend between electronic elements to orchestras is pretty much right on the spot and it's what is being used today for the most part.

Walter said:
We were scheduled to record SkullKast 22 his weekend, but with Episode 331 just a week away, we'll be holding off on recording until 10/14, so that we can tie discussion of that in with the first episode about Griffith. It's going to be worth the wait.

Has it been confirmed that the next episode will feature Griffith? I can't wait, if that's the case.

Top Bottom