FUCK YES!!!

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
http://www.skullknight.net/yabbse/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=1354

I bet this makes Walter happy. Now no one has even a weak excuse to relly on the hawks. I hope they do a good job translating.

I hope that there are chapter releases. No, I'm not nuts. With all the 2 page spreads, do you really want those little volume books that don't lay flat? Anyways chapters are printed larger to begin with. It'd be realy cool if they got Miura to do cover art for all the chapters.

Anyone know what we can expect from these people?
Accurate translations?
Fliped or not?
Edits? ect...

kimchan

"Should I be overcome by the vapors?
Dark Horse is a good company. About the only down side is that I'm pretty sure they flip their manga.

karsa

"Bastard broke my sword-"
pfft. There are quite a few companies which don't, why couldn't it have been one of them?? Reading back to front is hardly a difficult concept to grasp...
What kind of size are these things published in? The other translated manga I've seen in the shops are diddly little things of pretty poor quality. I don't know what chapter releases are, but if they're bigger format I want them.

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
Those three brains were tasty!Chapter releases would be a chapter by chapter release, like YA, only minus the rest of the mag. They would be normal comic size: 10ish inches instead of manga volume size: 8- inches.
I would of course hope that did the volumes as well.

chapter releases would likely be $5 each max, as opposed to $10-$20 for a volume.
Downside:
Chapter by chapter costs more and is likly to be harder to get.
less durable.

Upside
They could lay flat easier for better 2 page spreads
they could try to convince Miura to draw chapter covers.If they flip the manga its gonna confuse the hell out of me.

i'd prefer volumes, waiting for something i've already seen in japanese in volume form and pay for it more is just tedious and takes a toll on the wallet. Volumes are definately the way to go, just as long as its not flipped and there is no censorship. It'd just be lame if it were censored.

MarkedSwordsman

Am I cool or what?
karsa said:
pfft. There are quite a few companies which don't, why couldn't it have been one of them??
Well, the other companies probably would butcher the fuck out of it, while Dark Horse won't. We all probably have the manga translated on our computers anyway.

Nevermind: http://www.darkhorse.com/news/press/sku_berserkpr/index.html

"With a release scheduled for fall 2003, Dark Horse and Digital Manga will present Berserk as three volumes in a non-westernized format. Each volume will read from right to left and original Japanese sound effects will remain intact."

Best possible scenario for a Berserk English release. Wow.

P

psymont

well i cant wait to buy them all over again!

when are they coming out?

karsa

"Bastard broke my sword-"
Well, the other companies probably would butcher the fuck out of it, while Dark Horse won't.

It seemed a reasonable assumption that a company wishing to keep the integrity of the format would wish to maintain the integrity of the story... so I was wrong.

Will the first 3 volumes sell well? I'm not sure what company it is, but there's one that's released the first 3 Cowboy Bebop and just the very first of several other mangas and that's it... extremely frustrating. In any case, I just hope the quality is good. It's just as well it isn't chapter releases, if they're harder to get hold of (that would = impossible, being in Britain).

Top Bottom