My first new AOW statue purchase w/pics and other collectibles

Hello everyone. I just made my first Art of War statue purchase :guts:. I have a few figures i got off ebay new over the last few months, but I now have a new level of expectations in figure/statue purchases. I came across skullknight.net in the search for these statues. Everyone I have spoke with here has provided great help and friendship, more than I imagined. Skullknight rocks for sure!! After long due and searching, I decided to make my first purchase from Art of war due to the great customer service Mr. Chichu Huang provided. He was very quick to respond and provided great detail discussing all info beyond what I expected.

My purchase: Guts: The Battle for Doldrey/ 1:10 scale http://www.art-of-war.co.jp/english/items/photos.php?gid=354

price was very high from what i wanted my first purchase to be, but I was wanting to get some feedback from you all who have purchased this for yourself. How do you like it? Was it worth it? any details you want to provide..

Thank you, Knecht

Dr.Legato

Art of War Supporter
Re: Just made my first new "Art of War" statue purchase.. Thoughts?

It is huge and expensive, but worth it! You wont be dissapointed :badbone:

Yep it's a huge and damn expensive statue but worth it. Its size and all its details are amazing.
It's my first brand new berserk statue and I'm sure you'll enjoy it ;)

mibu_shinrei said:
Yep it's a huge and damn expensive statue but worth it. Its size and all its details are amazing.
It's my first brand new berserk statue and I'm sure you'll enjoy it ;)

pics guys, pics!! :guts:

Wish I had some pics myself.. That would mean I received my order :ubik:. I really just ordered it today and payment hasnt cleared yet, so i got some time to wait :(

But pics from others would be awesome!!! plz post some

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!! That looks so amazing up close, real, and personal. Thank you for your pics! You did a great job :ubik:

Very good pics bros!! :guts:

What ya guys perfer a brown horse or a black horse? This is a very expensive 33000yen horse !! :troll:

I think both look great. I decided to go with the brown horse only because it was on the art of war site and they provided amazing customer service. Where did you see 30000 yen? This statue is 60,000 yen not including shipping. With shipping its a total of 70,600 yen.

I thinks statue is with boscone statue....on firs release this 1/10 price = 27.000 jen :guts:

btw this statue is amazing

This statue is really beautiful!! That's because i ve got two statues like this :guts:

There is just one bad thing = the box.

I am sure you won t regret it :slan:

In that price range, I love the dynamic you get to see in the Guts' 2010 1/6 or The Battle for Doldrey statues, though the wall-background effect for Nosferatu-Zodd 2010 is also pretty cool. Whether it's worth that price or not is purely subjective. I bought the statue myself, of course I'd like to have paid a lower amount for it.

Btw, congrats on your purchase! Welcome to the board. I just noticed AOW still has the statue in stock.

Thank you for the kind words. Everyone on this board has been very helpful and nice. There is much information I have already obtained in the past few days.
I can't wait to add this to my collection. :)

I just got this piece from built and totally changed my original resale plan... ... I'll keep this piece till i die...! The pics does absolutely no justice on how this statue is really looking in reality, it is sooooo beautiful in person, and also original zodd on horse is having the same issue, so beautifully done but pics won't show.

AOW just put out a re-paint of this scale. It looks like they darkened the skin texture of the horse and added more blood- now one both sides of guts, on the horse and base. Looks really good! But, I think I like it on the first version with blood just on his right. Looks like he just made his first kill and got sprayed. The new version is limited to five with 2 left. Damn!!

Dr.Legato

Art of War Supporter

Yeah that's Art of War for you... :schierke:
There is also this version.
http://figurelog.kolektakon.com/product/1

Yeah, I see in mail, new version not much diferent :( ... I supposed this, repaint, repaint and repaint ... I wait for Guts 2010 :evil:

BTW finally I order old version Battle Doldre :ubik: new version is better no discuss but I satisfied with this old :guts: after arrive I post pic.

I know, so what is up with AOW making these repaints not even a day after the last version ends? *so lame*
Funny, I sent AOW an email saying that I am very unhappy(pissed) that the day after my product got shipped AOW made a repaint that has a limit of 5 pieces for just 50$ more.. and I would have made that purchase. thx for not telling me that this was in the works AOW. The sales agent sends back stating "they have no release or control of what is produced and that the ideas are kept secret until release day, not even he would know until that day". I still love the piece I will be getting, just a bit pissed off bc I could have had a limited 5 piece collection. cant just blow 900$ on statues all day long.
ehhh!!!

Waiting on your pics sovel, cant wait.

i just purchased Guts: The Battle for Doldrey/ 1:10 scale repaint version ,and what i can see from the pics is the same as the kolektakon version but with a litter more blood on the horse, still happy to buy a very limited version, almost buy the normal version, thank god i waited :serpico:

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe my eyes. I just got my battle of doldrey in today. This piece is evening more detailed and amazing then I imagined.
Worth it for sure. Wow!!!

Top Bottom