Black Swordsman Cosplay in the Works..

Here is my Black Swordsman Cosplay progression. This will be my first making of the sorts for any cosplay. I have never worked with these kind of materials in this way before, so its taking some time. I am not near finished, but wanted to put up what I have so far. The armor is from aluminum sheets as well the sword. Using real leather straps, chains, rivets and pins.
You are more than welcome to leave feedback, another reason Im posting is to get ideas. thx
IMG_0421.jpg

IMG_0422.jpg

IMG_0433.jpg

IMG_0426.jpg

IMG_0430.jpg

IMG_0455.jpg

IMG_0456.jpg

IMG_0457.jpg

IMG_0469.jpg

IMG_0474.jpg

IMG_4013.jpg

IMG_4038.jpg

IMG_4048.jpg

Hey now I find this tema :),

realy nice work on you cosplay, you plan and layout of your face (I think the scar on his nose and gouged out eyes)

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
I'd recommend going for a black cloak instead of brown in order to be more faithful to the character. Unless you plan to dye it later on of course. Same goes for the armor.

Hello all,
I am going to make a better cloak for sure(found a company that sells leather hide) and paint all the armor to look damaged with blood splatters-like the black swordsman limited edition http://www.art-of-war.co.jp/english/items/photos.php?gid=209
Now the armor. I will admit, this took many hours of research trying to figure the best method: to connect each piece, how they should be cut etc, and what materials to use. After that said, I used aluminum sheets from Home Depot, rivits with rivits gun and real leather.
Construction is completely free form. Meaning I took measurements of whatever part I was working on and applied that stra8 to the metal or paper as an outline. I used no blue prints or copies, I had a few links of the black swordsman I like and copied that visually. This took a really long time. Example, the shoulders took about 6 hours to complete. I will post pictures of the shoulders in progress. Piece by piece.
Ehh, metal is hard to work with.

"Unreal! I know that he is working out under the shadows achieving that god like guts physique :)"

** I owe it all to you man, for giving me the wisdom, knowledge and motivation. This guy right here took two hours out of his time to direct me into a GREAT nutritional guide and workout routine. Because of Mr. Bains, I will be cut, ripped, and a beast of a man just like guts in about a year. HELL YES SON!!!! :guts:
I thank you again my good friend( ALSO TO ANYONE THAT READS THIS- HE IS A GREAT PERSON, HONEST SELLER AND BUYER)

"wold you ever consider selling that its awesome."

** I thought about selling some at request; I had a couple friends ask about plastic, polyurethanes, and foam pieces instead of using aluminum or other metals. I have made some using plastics which ended up being more difficult. The one project I have always wanted to get into is making the dragon slayer sword out of polyurethane materials (for weight reductions and cosplay rules). It works out bc Im a polyurethane chemist and I could make a mold in LAB and formulate whatever material are needed. It was hard work getting the dimensions correct, but Im sure I could put this together at a more reasonable pace now.

Thank you for the good comment CASSY. :guts:

Top Bottom