Author Topic: Skullknight.NET Podcast: Episode 24  (Read 3104 times)

Offline Walter

• 賢者
  • Administrator
  • Of the Abyss
  • Chapter ≠ Episode
Skullknight.NET Podcast: Episode 24
« on: November 19, 2012, 05:20:15 AM »

Episode 24 (11/18/2012): Babycast

Walter reviews the big news in his life, and we chat about the new Berserk movie trailer and Skyfall. 

I haven't updated the RSS file yet, so look for that sometime tomorrow! For now you can download the MP3.
:femto: :slan: :ubik:

Offline Grail

• Spanish Inquisitor
  • Falconian
  • Of the Vortex
  • RIP Photobucket
Re: Skullknight.NET Podcast: Episode 24
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2012, 06:22:02 PM »
Glad to see you still had the chance to record this weekend! :guts: It's a shame to hear that the Dark Souls PC port will be needing a few tweaks, but I'm still looking forward to grabbing a copy over the holidays... maybe I'll have to listen to a few podcasts over again and pay attention to the Dark Souls discussion to catch up on everything I missed. :ganishka:

Offline Walter

• 賢者
  • Administrator
  • Of the Abyss
  • Chapter ≠ Episode
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2012, 06:02:02 PM »
Thanks Grail. It was a short podcast with no planning, so I apologize if it was a little rambling. I realize now that we could have probably talked about Griffith (3) regarding some of our speculations about how it will end with him and Guts. I still have quite a bit to say about that subject.

Regarding Dark Souls PC, it's set to go on sale down to $15 on 11/23 as part of Amazon's Black Friday sales: http://www.amazon.com/Dark-Souls-Prepare-Edition-Online/dp/B00917DBUE?tag=cheapassgam08-20

More deals: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=328579

Offline Nomad

• Of the Vortex
  • "Bring the light of day"
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2012, 11:42:25 PM »
Frankly, I wasn't expecting a Podcast at all knowing all that you have gone through.  The fact that you even recorded with your new responsabilities don't require apologies.  I enjoyed it as much as I tend to enjoy all of the previous episodes.

EDIT:  I had installed Dark Souls "Prepare to die" edition.  Does this version requires that mod you mentioned to enhance the grafics?  Or is that version already "fixed"? Saddly, I'm at the very begining looking for the 2 bells mentioned by the NPC.  So I'm in no rush... Got nailed a couple of times already. :ganishka:
« Last Edit: November 21, 2012, 12:16:46 AM by Nomad »

Offline Walter

• 賢者
  • Administrator
  • Of the Abyss
  • Chapter ≠ Episode
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2012, 01:32:00 AM »
EDIT:  I had installed Dark Souls "Prepare to die" edition.  Does this version requires that mod you mentioned to enhance the grafics?  Or is that version already "fixed"?

Nope. The PC port is shitty. Here's the article explaining how to go about fixing it: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/11/09/dark-souls-mods/

And here's the website with the fix itself: http://blog.metaclassofnil.com/?tag=dsfix

PS: Ended up getting Assassin's Creed 3 for PC with my birthday cash. Something else we probably should have discussed...  :mozgus:

Offline Gobolatula

• Smooth operator
  • Falconian
  • Of the Vortex
  • praise be to grail!
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2012, 09:21:27 PM »
Thanks for the tip, Walter. I got a certain Creation Station moderator an early Christmas present based on your suggestion. She's been trying to fix the crappiness of the PC port though.

Offline Aazealh

• 髑髏の騎士
  • Administrator
  • Of Terror
  • そうはいかぬ
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2012, 09:29:00 PM »
Try not to spoil yourself on the game, Grail. It really ought to be enjoyed as "purely" as possible in my opinion.