Author Topic: Miura Tribute for Hajime no Ippo 1000th Chapter  (Read 5274 times)

Offline Dar Klink

• Falconian
  • Of the Vortex
  • Last Guardian when? - CyberKlink 20XX before dying
Miura Tribute for Hajime no Ippo 1000th Chapter
« on: December 02, 2012, 11:12:09 PM »
Wow! I didn't know Miura helped George Morikawa during college, it's really nice to see him draw Takamura. If you guys haven't watched or read Ippo you should check it out, despite being so long the beginning parts so far have been top tier.

EDIT: Also for Griff and crew, here's the one Inoue did as well:

Offline Grail

• Spanish Inquisitor
  • Falconian
  • Of the Vortex
  • Feel the funk blast
Re: Miura Tribute for Hajime no Ippo 1000th Chapter
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2012, 11:20:41 PM »
Oh Miura, humble as always. :guts: Nice to see Inoue getting a word in there, too! Most of the illustrations on both pages are great, but their contributions are obviously my favorites. :serpico:

Online Walter

• 賢者
  • Administrator
  • Of the Abyss
  • Chapter ≠ Episode
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2012, 11:33:05 PM »
Nice find. Miura's is by far the coolest tribute though.  :guts:

I've never read Hajime no Ippo, but it's always great to see such camaraderie among mangaka.
:femto: :slan: :ubik:

Offline Gobolatula

• Smooth operator
  • Falconian
  • Of the Vortex
  • praise be to grail!
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2012, 11:40:31 PM »
Amazingly badass.

Offline IncantatioN

• Falconian
  • Of the Abyss
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2012, 01:09:21 AM »
Saw this when I read the new Ippo episode, took me by surprise. Ippo is like the Japanese version of Rocky. The original anime series has some of my favorite tunes, so good! The 2nd season a few years ago was 'ok'. Takamura's my favorite character : p[
At the end of time, a moment will come when just one man remains. Then the moment will pass. Man will be gone. There will be nothing to show that we were ever here... but stardust.

Offline Roderick

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2012, 05:34:11 AM »
I have a soft spot for the Chiba Tetsuya tribute myself for obvious reasons (not shown above)

But, yes, seeing a tribute by Miura was unexpected enough, but Miura working under George Morikawa in his early years?  Most unexpected, though it sort of makes since they both emerged on the manga scene at roughly the same time (and both ongoing)

Love that attention to detail on Takamura

Offline Dar Klink

• Falconian
  • Of the Vortex
  • Last Guardian when? - CyberKlink 20XX before dying
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2012, 11:43:48 AM »
I have a soft spot for the Chiba Tetsuya tribute myself for obvious reasons (not shown above)

Yes, that one is great.

Offline puppet12ca

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2012, 05:05:48 PM »
cool never read hajime no Ippo but I picked up an old PS2 game based on it so maybe I'll finally try it out

Offline Rhombaad

• Old Fart in Training
  • Falconian
  • Of the Abyss
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2012, 06:27:13 PM »
Thanks for posting those. Miura's is by far my favorite, but as Walter said, it's heartwarming to see the camaraderie and mutual respect shown to one another by these ladies and gentlemen.

Offline lon3vvolf

« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2012, 02:53:48 AM »
Nice find. Miura's is by far the coolest tribute though.  :guts:

I've never read Hajime no Ippo, but it's always great to see such camaraderie among mangaka.
Whaaaat? If you haven't read/seem the anime you should definitely check the series out.  It may not be as elaborate as Berserk, but there are some overall themes that are in both if you look for them.  Also I love Hajime no Ippo because it somewhat based in reality.  No crazy super powers or people flying around...

Also... Takamuras right eye is not shown, maybe a little tribute to Guts???  :isidro:

Offline Gobolatula

• Smooth operator
  • Falconian
  • Of the Vortex
  • praise be to grail!
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2012, 04:07:53 AM »
Also... Takamuras right eye is not shown, maybe a little tribute to Guts???  :isidro:
I don't think so. I think it's just a really cool dramatic angle that he just happened to choose.

Offline Hanma_Baki

« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2012, 10:02:00 PM »
Wow those tributes feel so powerful :guts: Obviously Im a sucker for Keisuke works and I like the approach with that comment. Havent read/watch Ippo yet but from what littled I´ve seen I can totally see if they´d feel a bit like kindred spirits.

And yeah, Miura ever so humble, you can really feel the respect behind those words, such a cool dude! :guts: Thanks for sharing, Klink!