Episode 217

Re:217

heres something obvious:
hey guys! maybe he wont be able to control the beast anymore now that he's surrounded in darkness!! great idea right? ;)

I look forward to seeing how gatsu would react now that he does not have to protect anyone. The beast would definately be the icing on top of this troll fight. Seems the beast has been too dormant for the past few volumes. I just wonder if Gatsu will be able to control himself if the beast emerges, and if not I wonder how far he may go.

Oh u mean the beast of darkness, if the beast possess Gutz, there will be chaos for sure

It seem that the Troll King (or whatever u call it) is really powerful, I read from one of the post that mention the Ogre and the Kelpie are only mid level boss, so the *Final Boss* might prove to be very tough. This with hundreds of trolls around, Gutz is in deep trouble!

For once i dun know what m i talking about :-[

roberto999

The Black Chick of Darkness

Obviously the idea here is that Guts is self-sacrificing to protect the retrait of the others: If I have read correctly, the trolls could be too many even for him: I don't think it will end simply in a trolls' massacre.

puella

Berserk forever

Well, actually I don't think the beast shows up easily like before.
Considering Guts and Flora's conversation on page 6-8 in 201, Flora says her talisman can lessen evil spirits around Guts and help Guts himself not to get possessed.
She also says it can't last forever but it could work at least during Guts' journey.

Guts thinks of when he(in the form of the beast) attacked Casca saying to himself "it can stop THAT"
and Isidro says on the same page "that brand has such a power" "(this is why we meet) fucking monsters every night"

IMO, as long as there's no crucial event, I don't think the beast comes up much. Guts is always afraid that the beast may come up again.
I don't say it will never show up but I mean it is not like when Guts didn't get talisman from Flora.

roberto999 said:
The trolls could be too many even for him: I don't think it will end simply in a trolls' massacre.

Regardless of the number (of coz not more than a thousand), Gutz will still win if there were just trolls. Do u know how many monsters or apostles he killed in the eclipse with just a horn? Compare this with trolls, its seem like nothing

ZKK

Sentient Entropy.

Ah, how long has it been now since we've seen Guts' somewhat sadistic smile?

Too long in my view. This does seem very reminiscent of the hundred man battle which can only be a good thing. I think the main issues here are the facts that Guts is in the dark world, or realm (sorry I'm not sure what to call it) and exactly what effect this with have on the brand, and any effect it has on Flora's talisman, and the ward (?) Scherkie drew over the brand itself - not to mention Guts himself.

Actually, just out of interest does Guts actually have this talisman already? Or was it only offered as like a playment once he helped Scherkie, help the towns people? Or is it not a physical thing... I was never clear on that, sorry.

Any appearance of Guts' beast will of course be much anticipated. Can't wait for the next chapter, can't wait to see some more unhindered, dragon slayer induced carnage and some good ol' berserker rage.

Thank you for the summary Saiki, aswell as anyone else thats posted summaries and translations recently - they're much appreciated. While I've been reading the forums, I haven't posted in awhile, sorry.

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!

Speaking of the 100 man battle, it's this kind of a similar situation?

We have Guts, standing on his own preparing to take on my enemies than anyone could normally handle, with Caska watching him in a helpless state. It's might be very familiar to the retarded Caska, and might even send her some flashbacks of how herself and Guts have been in this position before. The implications of that might just realise he has always gone out of his way to protect her, even though she can't remember why.

Other than that, she might get freaked out and not even look at him any longer :D

As for the Beast, I doubt it will actually make an appearcance. And ZKK, the talismen is actually stuck ontop of the brand.

Lliugusamui

around the corner

If there are many people around him, I don't think Guts will let out the Beast. Anyway, I think thats gonna be an imprtant event in Isidro fighting-skills story.
I'd like to see an help from the skully one ^^

i don't think there will be a troll king. Although i do think that there will be a bosslike creature he will have to fight. Since this is the Qliphoth there are other mythical creatures dwelling there so something much more powerful will probably appear. I just don't know what it will be.

Lliugusamui

around the corner

It has been said that there was a troll with a necklace of child skull, so we could guess it's the boss. But it's true Guts could meet something else too.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member

Where's the Beherit in all this? 8) I can see it now, the beherit falls out of Guts' satchel, and he tries to pick it up but OH! Butterfingers! The beherit drops into a troll's mouth and the troll's skin disentigrates and he becomes THE TROLL SKELETON KING!

Lliugusamui

around the corner

Or... *doubtful spoilers*Guts gets surrounded and can't deal with hundreds trolls in that lil cave, getting blood on the beherit while he's beten to death ==> summoning, isidro cant believe it, when Guts is gonna sacrifice his group, Schierke lead them back out of abyss !!

pav

"Are you lookin at me?"

Or what could happen is that Gatts gets his own inhuman soldiers like Griffis, say Gatts destroys the Troll king and seeing how powerful he is (also his darkness could attract them)the trolls decide to follow and obey Gatts (you know the alpha male situation). Now that would be very cool and also very interesting aswell.

Lliugusamui

around the corner

Oh good I imagine that : Guts rape the troll boss and the minions are in awe and want to follow the BiggestDiQEver ...
Ther's a mistake in this : if they follow him, they'll wanna rape ghirls during the journey ... not very good : )

roberto999

The Black Chick of Darkness

How I said the troll boss is really a she-troll boss that seeing Guts fight will fall in love with him. The next 10 issues are the histrory of the jealousy between said she- troll and Griffith, while Guts is wavering between ugly and female or beautiful and male ;D ;D

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!

For Guts to sacrifice his little band of traveling companions would be kind of unlikely, seeing how he only really gives a damn about Caska, and she can't be sacrificed cuz she is retarded.

I am swaying my predicitions to a good old fashion sing song around a bars piano.

Anyway do not leave out any chances that the trolls might join Gutz to form the Hawk of Darkness. Since Griffin group mostly are non-human, Gutz will need these monsters help to fight Griffin new army. he cant fight alone! :)

RIIIIGHT!!!! And packs of chimimoryos will run across the battlefield and each headbutt griffith till he gives up his godhand ways... ::)

Lliugusamui

around the corner

Since Griffin group mostly are non-human, Gutz will need these monsters help to fight Griffin new army
I can't agree. The point on the side of Guts is he won't make an ally of any non-human creature except useful-shitty-good ones like elves.
If he accepts trolls, ther's no difference between Griff and him, and he certainly wants to have a big one between them...

Guillaume said:
If he accepts trolls...

Who know? Miura might give us surprises

Guillaume said:
ther's no difference between Griff and him

There is really no different between them in term of getting wat they want... Grffin wants to rule a kingdom like Gaiseric while Gutz want revenge. Gutz is not a good guy either (i don't mean he is evil, he is just not that good) and will most probably do anything to get even with Griffin.

Anyway, i wonder how long will this Troll things end... Will this it continue for several chapter?
What will happen next???

Top Bottom