Episode 217

Re:217

it is all speculation, and more than likely we will not see the beast really separate itself from Gattsu, but I figured under some circumstances it could happen.

who knows miura it good at surprising us.

I got the feeling that gutz will somehow be possesed by the beast and that may make him lose all humanity which may in turn trigger supernatural power... :eek:

roberto999

The Black Chick of Darkness

Mizar said:
namayias said:
It my be in his head, but aren't any astral beings just figments of people's minds? If so then the beast could emerge as a seperate being in the interstice.

Yeah, but the beast is only linked to Guts' mind, while the Trolls and other astral beings are linked to the collective thoughts/dreams of people. I don't think the beast could appear as a seperate being, it's inseparable from Guts mind, imo. But we can't really say for sure, of course.
The beast already did appear like a separate being just after the encounter with Morgan while Guts and co. were going to the house of Flora.

Mizar

Œ©‰Ž•·‚©‰ŽŒ¾‚퉎

roberto999 said:
The beast already did appear like a separate being just after the encounter with Morgan while Guts and co. were going to the house of Flora.

??? Can you be more specific? I just checked Volume 24 after the encounter with Morgan but didn't see the beast.

roberto999

The Black Chick of Darkness

It was in vol.n. 24 chap. 199 pag.3 last panel, while they are starting for the witch house,before they met Morgan (that was were I was wrong) we see the beast that is looking at them. Nobody of the party see it however.

Mizar

Œ©‰Ž•·‚©‰ŽŒ¾‚퉎

Ah, yes, I see it now. But I doubt it has seperated itself from Guts' mind, though. If Guts would die right there on the spot, do you think the beast would survive? And it could also be just a metaphorical picture that Miura wanted to show us; that the beast is still there, awaiting in the shadows of Guts' mind.

Hmm... but then again, it could also mean that the Beast is just a parasitical type of dark spirit that feasts upon the darkest parts of the human mind. From that perspective it would mean that the spirit came from the outside, and just thought of Guts' mind as a delicious host full of beautiful dark thoughts to nicely embed itself into. Just like the type that got a hold of Farnese in volume 17, but with the difference that this one prefers to stay with Guts. I'm not really sure... :-\

Walter

Administrator
Staff member

What I got from that panel was that the Beast couldn't possess Guts while he was near Flora's treehouse mansion. I also think it was pretty metaphoric. I didn't take it too literally.

i dont know wally

i just took it as that its always there, in the background, following guts no matter where he goes, including the treehouse

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew

Yeah, the beast isn’t actually physically following them, that’s just what Miura is getting at symbolically. I don’t believe it has anything to do with the Flora or the Treehouse since that hadn’t been broached yet.

-Griffith

I though Flora know about the beast, she even told Gutz that it was sort of 'fire'? I m not sure either :p

But wat i want to know is that can Troll forged weapon? They really dont look like they can invent a weapon unless there is an intelligent being in the race (Troll king???). Even they can somehow forged those clubs, why do they all wield the same kind of weapon and nothing else???
???

Walter

Administrator
Staff member

Gutz said:
I though Flora know about the beast, she even told Gutz that it was sort of 'fire'? I m not sure either :p
She was speaking broadly, she doesn't know any specifics about Guts (as far as she's revealed at least)
But wat i want to know is that can Troll forged weapon? They really dont look like they can invent a weapon unless there is an intelligent being in the race (Troll king???). Even they can somehow forged those clubs, why do they all wield the same kind of weapon and nothing else???
Its a totally unrefined weapon. It's within the reasonable bounds of TROLL CRAFT.

I know, but is it necessary for these guys to have weapons? They seem to be strong enough to kill human with bare hand. :eek:

Mizar

Œ©‰Ž•·‚©‰ŽŒ¾‚퉎

Gutz said:
I know, but is it necessary for these guys to have weapons? They seem to be strong enough to kill human with bare hand. :eek:

Doesn't the same count for Guts, Zodd and all the rest?

Mizar said:
Doesn't the same count for Guts, Zodd and all the rest?

Guts wield weapons becz it is obvious that his enemies arent human. Zodd is becz he try to find the ultimate strong one to challenge him in swordskill.
I mean Troll are monsters, why do they need weapon. It is just like seeing a bear using an axe to kill :)

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member

Zodd is becz he try to find the ultimate strong one to challenge him in swordskill.

When in Apostle form Zodd is only using his horn(s), I'm not sure he wants to challenge the ultimate strong one in sword skill.

I mean Troll are monsters, why do they need weapon. It is just like seeing a bear using an axe to kill

Bears got claws, trolls don't, so they use weapons to avoid harming their delicate hands by crushing everything that opposes them.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew

Why are people dignifying this obtuse query with response?

We've already discussed Guts fighting the Trolls alone and the beast, but it's better than this shit. How about Guts giving Isidro the bombs and acknowledging is worth. The same thing with Farnese, in addition to her feelings about him. Also, there are LOTS of fucking Trolls, looks kind of grim, even for Guts.

-Griffith

R

Radzeke

They can’t very well discuss the chapter if they haven’t seen it.

Cut & Paste: http://www.geocities.com/stilesux333/01.jpg and go from there.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member

Before I tango with Sam Neill, welcome to the forums femto. Thanks so much for the scans but uh, what resolution did you scan at? My Young Animals weren't THAT bad quality.

Still, what can I really complain about? Thanks duder!

NightCrawler said:
geocities....sigh...

Cant see shit!
Hey genius archaologist/spaceship builder, follow the directions next time.

namayias said:
but... but... they're trolls. Trolls. That's all I care about thats all that fascinates me in Berserk anymore..... ::)

I guess we have to wait a few more chapter to know more about Troll.

By the way, when is the next chapter coming out???

Top Bottom