Kickstarter - Kingdom Death: Monster

For any and all miniature lovers, boardgamers, and hobbyists, Kingdom Death: Monster is a cooperative board game with amazingly sculpted 35mm minis. The creator describes it as a bit of a boss rush game with campaign elements. If you watch the intro video, you will see that this game is heavily inspired by Berserk and Monster Hunter. He has been working on this for about 3 years prior to bringing the project to Kickstarter, and so far has smashed his goal.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/poots/kingdom-death-monster?ref=live

Kicktraq is estimating this will reach approximately 1.4 million before its over:

http://www.kicktraq.com/projects/poots/kingdom-death-monster/

If you like this game then pledge and spread the word!

Some KD Minis:
kd004_1.jpg

557824_10152194105305313_16304340_n.jpg

Kingdom-Death-Flower-Knight.jpg

Gorm.jpg

Yes yes yes! :ubik:

I've been following this project for nearly a year now and am so excited at how successful the project has been!
Don't forget to check out the official site at: http://www.kingdomdeath.com/ and just hit the gallery tab, there is some amazing stuff there!

Kingdom Death has also been featured on Wired Magazine's website at: http://www.wired.com/design/2012/12/kingdom-death/

Judging by the art direction, armor designs, and several of the monsters, I think at least the artist has been reading some Berserk.

The normal figures are a standard 35MM scale, making them just a bit taller then your average Warhammer figure. That may give you some sense of scale for the ordinary figures, but by extension that means your lookings at quite a bit of shelf room for the larger monstrosities...

Wow this looks really cool. Only problem is that there is WAY too much info to disseminate on that page. Thank goodness for the FAQ at the bottom. I see there are only 6 days left to back it. Can one of you pro's here summarize the benefits to backing this project vs picking up some future offering? I've never backed a project on kickstarter before, but this looks pretty cool.

Jaze1618 said:
Wow this looks really cool. Only problem is that there is WAY too much info to disseminate on that page. Thank goodness for the FAQ at the bottom. I see there are only 6 days left to back it. Can one of you pro's here summarize the benefits to backing this project vs picking up some future offering? I've never backed a project on kickstarter before, but this looks pretty cool.

Backing this on Kickstarter has quite a few pros:

-There are a couple of exclusive minis that you can only get through this Kickstarter (Adam and Anna)
-You're getting a significant discount on a lot of the expansions via Kickstarter (most are half off of the future MSRP)
-The base game might not even go into mass distribution, so you'll be paying an exorbitant amount of money for a copy on ebay if it doesn't. (See Zombicide - another KS board game).
-IF it does go into mass distribution, you'll be getting it probably 6 months ahead of the public.
-You're supporting an awesome project?????

Check www.KingdomDeath.com, the creator has been selling various limited runs of minis over the years to garner the support and funds to make this Kickstarter happen. The guy has a pretty good track record, his minis sell out within hours when they're restocked at CMoN (www.coolminiornot.com). I agree the KS page is a mess and he needs to hire someone to keep up with it. He's being pulled in a 100 different directions because he's tackling this thing almost by himself.

I'm anticipating this to break a million within 5 days.

1 million three thousand with 3 days to go. Anyone remotely interested should pledge! The opportunity to get some of this at this price will never come again..

Alright this is the last time I advertise for this Kickstarter I promise. 1.6 million raised with 6 hours to go. This is the most money raised for a board game to date on KS. The last 2 updates (55 and 54) look pretty similar to Guts and the hanging corpse tree. A lot of people in the comments section have said so too. What do you guys think?? Is the creator paying homage to one of his major inspirations??

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/poots/kingdom-death-monster/posts

Wow, over 2 million raised. I didn't kick any money towards them because I am saving for more important things at the moment. But I am now very interested in hearing more news about how the final product develops.

It will be a while before we see the fruits of the project's labors, with their target release deck being November 2013, the final judgement will have to wait.

That being said, he released an amazing bunch of new models as the Kickstarter climbed the ranks, including a character who was a obvious shout out to Berserk. (Broadsword? check. Spiky black hair? Check. Artificial Left arm? Check) and with that much money earned, I'm sure everybody will get to taste a general release toward the end of this year. :badbone:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
SeedofKings said:
That being said, he released an amazing bunch of new models as the Kickstarter climbed the ranks

The "Slender Man" one is funny. That thing's really come a long way since its beginning at SA.

SeedofKings said:
including a character who was a obvious shout out to Berserk. (Broadsword? check. Spiky black hair? Check. Artificial Left arm? Check)

Broadsword? Hardly, it's pretty much a Dragon Slayer replica. Neat homage anyway. :serpico:

Originally that Gutz homage design had a giant stone face for a base, but users started commenting that it was blatant berserk infringement and that the creator should remove it to avoid unwanted attention. Now he stands on nothing :(

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
frankencowx said:
After seeing the work in progress sculpt of the Messenger of Humanity, I don't think he looks too much like Guts anymore..
He still has a Dragon Slayer-looking sword, and a "prosthetic stone arm." :guts:

Top Bottom