About Serpico

Is serpico an important character? What part does he play in the Manga, and is he also one of the best human fighter up to date? Look like no one can defeat him except for gutz... :)

Anyway i m new here

DemonEyesKyo

Put your glasses on, nothing will be wrong........
Yes he's damn important right now in the manga. Serpico is the second best fighter in the group right now, behind Guts. I would say hes up there in best human fighters with his feather sword :). Overall Serpico is a badass.

Lliugusamui

around the corner
He's modest and 'introverti', what's the contrary of Guts.
His role is to follow Farnese. At first he was commanded by their father to watch her actions ( burning guys and all that stuff ) and be her servant/domestic as well. Now he respects what she wants to do ( follow Guts to be guided in this harsh world ) and wants to protect her as he sees she's growing nicer everyday ( casca being very good for her, she turned into casca-carer ). Thus he tells Guts that if that one ever harms Farnese once, he'll get back at him right away.
Anyway, welcome Gutz.

ok... let's see, perhap you all are right but serpico does not seem to be as powerful as he look (most likely because of his 'closed' eyes). Also if he is the strongest fighter behind gutz, then he must been the strongest also in the holy chain iron knight, but some web site say it is vice captain Azan, is he stronger than Serpico ???

Mizar

Œ©‰Ž•·‚©‰ŽŒ¾‚퉎
I think Serpico is better than vice captain Azan. Azan fought Guts when he was considerably weakened already.
But does anyone understand how Serpico got this superhuman fighting ability? I mean he's a lot better than the old Griffith or even the old Guts I think. At least that's the impression I got from his fights with Guts.
What do you think? What did he go through to become this good?

The manga does not explain clearly how he become this good, maybe because he keep fighting nobles for Farnese (i dont know), but he does have great fighting skills. In the last chapter of volume 22, there is this part where he pierce all the falling leaves in just one stroke, that's cool !!!

Lliugusamui

around the corner
I think he toughened by his street fights as a kid, and then with farenze, he may have trained often alone and with nobles. But he's not THAT strong at all...

Guillaume le Con... said:
but he's not THAT strong at all...
I do not agreed fully, In term of Strength he may not even match Azan, but in term of speed and agility, hehe... he might even beat Gutz (if he wasnt using Dragonslayer then they will be match evenly). he also has quick responds and reactions like Gutz, i am quite sure he is best human fighter behind Gutz so far in the manga.

Be it the best, Serpico still lag far behind Gutz and he need a lot to learn from Gutz in term of skills.

Oh no i m forgetting about the generals in Hawk of Light, they seem to be near as strong as gutz himself. Serpico seem to be nothing compare to them if they are truly human. It will be great to see the Serpico fighting one of the generals :)

Another question, will Serpico and Farnese continue to follow Gutz after the troll chapter??? i mean all the way to the end of manga. If that is so... then i think Gutz band will be the first members of his army, if he is ever going to raise an army to fight Griffin :p

Guillaume le Con... said:
Serpico differs from Guts in that his goal isn't about swinging his sword. Serpico fights because he has to.

I agree. But he can be quite a good help if he is on Gut's side. Too bad he alway follow Farnese

roberto999

The Black Chick of Darkness
Mizar said:
I think Serpico is better than vice captain Azan. Azan fought Guts when he was considerably weakened already.
But does anyone understand how Serpico got this superhuman fighting ability? I mean he's a lot better than the old Griffith or even the old Guts I think. At least that's the impression I got from his fights with Guts.
What do you think? What did he go through to become this good?
Farnese had it to fight with a lot of nobles ;D pratically everyone she did think was insulting him. He had to win while pretending not to be strong like he really was. In fact he had to make everyone believe that the duels ended with a tie.Not a easy feat

Ashitaka

Don't really know english...
True, but that doesn't explain how he gets is skills.
There must be some dark story much more deep beind that...
Or so I thought...

Ashitaka said:
True, but that doesn't explain how he gets is skills.
There must be some dark story much more deep beind that...
Or so I thought...

Nope, i dont think there is any dark story behind it, perhap he is born to be that good, or perhap his mother *scary* look made him strong... i duno?

Ashitaka

Don't really know english...
It could be, but it seems a little weird to have those skills just with those nobles duels... ::)

And guess what, he is smart and very cunning (Somewhat like Griffin), u can see it in vol 19 how he engage Gutz at the cliff, he pointed out every single disadvantage etc.

It is blessing to have him as allies, else Gutz will have to deal with the both the Kelpie and Ogre at the same time :)

karsa

"Bastard broke my sword-"
Gutz said:
And guess what, he is smart and very cunning (Somewhat like Griffin), u can see it in vol 19 how he engage Gutz at the cliff, he pointed out every single disadvantage etc.

Yes, I think the whole point of Serpico is his intelligence, and he does seem to be similar to Griffith in that respect. Anyway it's about time Gatts had someone around to challenge him and make him think a little bit.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I understand the parallel people are making between Griffith and Serpico as far as intelligence goes but ... I think we're missing the vital seperation between the two characters: Ambition. Griff uses(d) his intelligence to rule Midland. Serpico uses his intelligence to get into Farnese's pants.

This being the case, why are we comparing the two?

Oh Oh now I remember! We're arguing on pure abilities! WHO WINS: SANO VS GUTS!!!! I think this is a thoroughly valid question, don't you?

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
Cool. A member with a name almost the same as mine!

As for Serpico being like Griffith... No.

As for Serpico's fighting ability... he is more about stratergy than strength. Without that feather duster and cape, he'd be no match for many other characters. Put him in a large field with Guts, he'd get crushed.

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
Oh yes, stick him up against a troll or a kelpie and he is fine. But stick Grundbeld infront of him and he'd be diq slapped to death :-\

Gutzs said:
Oh yes, stick him up against a troll or a kelpie and he is fine. But stick Grundbeld infront of him and he'd be diq slapped to death :-\

i am sure that if Serpico is forced into a desperate situation, he might become *powerful* to fight apostles. Let say if Farnese is rape or killed by Grundbeld in front of him, wat do u think will happen?
Do u think Serpico is still gonna get crush???

Dont forget that Farnese is as important to Serpico as Caska is to Gutz :)

Top Bottom