Skullknight.NET Podcast: Episode 26

Walter

Administrator
Staff member

Episode 26 (12/16/2012): Golden Age II Movie Review

Guests Gobolatula and Grail join the admins for a discussion of Movie II's merits and downfalls. We also discuss our individual picks for the game of the generation.

Podcast Notes:
00:00:19 Movie II Discussion
01:01:44 Favorite Game of the Generation
01:32:24 Outtakes

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
I wasn't even aware the 1st movie had come out. With that said I'm not interested in watching another awful lackluster animated adaptation on the Golden Age.

The game of the generation for me has to be Red Dead Redemption. I've spent so much time playing and replaying that game. It has more to do with the story and environment than the actually game play.

Final Update: Aaz: I ordered Dark Souls based on your comments.

Grail

Feel the funk blast
Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:
How cool! You'll have to let me know what you think of it when you start playing.

Great podcast, guys. The movie II discussion had me laughing so hard. That was fantastic. And I was glad you told the story of how you proposed, Glob. I was going to ask you how you did it in the picture thread, but I didn't know if that would've been creepy or not so I decided not to.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:
The game of the generation for me has to be Red Dead Redemption. I've spent so much time playing and replaying that game. It has more to do with the story and environment than the actually game play.

Can't find fault with that; RDR is an excellent game. I keep telling Walter that he should get it. :void:

Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:

Nice!

Great podcast again as always. I did see the first film and it was more or less a disappointment. One thing I was curious about that you guys didn't mention; is there any scenes in the second film where they do that wierd slow motion flashback cut? Like they did with Guts' childhood with Gambino? Man that was absolutely awful in the first movie.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Aazealh said:
Can't find fault with that; RDR is an excellent game. I keep telling Walter that he should get it. :void:
Grrrr, and I keep telling Rockstar to port it to PC!

tama chan said:
One thing I was curious about that you guys didn't mention; is there any scenes in the second film where they do that wierd slow motion flashback cut? Like they did with Guts' childhood with Gambino? Man that was absolutely awful in the first movie.
Yes, a few times. Most notably during Casca's flashback, Boscone's death, and I believe the Griffith and Charlotte scene.

tama chan said:
Great podcast again as always. I did see the first film and it was more or less a disappointment. One thing I was curious about that you guys didn't mention; is there any scenes in the second film where they do that weird slow motion flashback cut? Like they did with Guts' childhood with Gambino? Man that was absolutely awful in the first movie.

The Casca flashback outdoes the Guts flashback in the awful category. There are a few other uses for effect, but they are brief and more easily excusable.

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
Cool podcast guys. Griff, I don't know what you may have for breakfast, but you were on a roll dude. Had me laughing pretty much the whole way. As for Gobs and Grail, I truly wish you guys the best. There's very little to say about the film aside from everything that has been said, soo... Party on!

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Nomad said:
Cool podcast guys. Griff, I don't know what you may have for breakfast, but you were on a roll dude. Had me laughing pretty much the whole way.

No breakfast, just a shitty movie for a midnight snack. :beast: Like how I worked in that Hill of Swords reference too? :slan:

Anyway, if the spirit moves me I'll type up and expand on my notes for the review thread; still plenty of untapped drunken rage to be had there.

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
Griffith said:
No breakfast, just a shitty movie for a midnight snack. :beast: Like how I worked in that Hill of Swords reference too? :slan:
Indeed :badbone:

Griffith said:
Anyway, if the spirit moves me I'll type up and expand on my notes for the review thread; still plenty of untapped drunken rage to be had there.
Despite the fact that I forced myself to see this, I'll go ahead and petition for the third act's review if it's not much to ask. I feel like I'm storing way too much and there is still another disaster film to watch. But yeah, your comments were hilariously funny all the way through. Heard it again this morning and just couldn't stop laughing. And as for the question about the Femto rape? Let's go ahead and expect tentacle hentai extravaganza. Like Grail mentioned, 20 minutes there.

What a hilarious podcast, there were times that I laughed so hard I had to rewind just so that I could hear what you guys said :ganishka: The movies are so far gone by now, that any serious conversation about them is pointless.

Also congratulations Gobulatula and Grail :guts: I think choking on and then vomiting out the ring would be pretty romantic actually, it would show that you're willing to brave death for Grail, Gobs. Just like Finn would have done for Princess Bubblegum.

Agree with everyone who thought the movie review was hilarious, laughed hysterically on some parts. Noticed that the worse movie is the funnier podcast will be, so really looking forward to the next review. Also while listening to the podcast I started to wonder whether there are scenes at all throughout the movie 1 and 2 which are 100% true to manga, I mean not only visually.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
smogass said:
really looking forward to the next review.
Not me... :sad:

Also while listening to the podcast I started to wonder whether there are scenes at all throughout the movie 1 and 2 which are 100% true to manga, I mean not only visually.
The framing of certain scenes is. Doldrey starts out similarly, the preamble to it in the King's tent is extremely similar, sans Owen of course. Some visuals at the ball are very much from the pages of the manga.

The podcast on the first movie was hilarious so I look forward to listening to this one, which I'm ashamed to admit I haven't gotten around to listening to yet.

I didn't outright hate the movie, but it is a pretty sorry adaptation in general. It certainly has lowered any expectation that the 3rd movie will be remotely good outside of a few key scenes here and there. The trailers look pretty sweet, but I suspect the majority will be as amateur an effort as the second or just slightly less so and will be the biggest hatchet job as far as a faithful adaptation (pretty obvious at this point)

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
Thanks for the review, sadly no justice to Berserk. What else can be said after the podcast, it's just not watchable let alone a replay of it.
Congrats again Gobs and Grail!

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
When referring to the 100 man battle I noticed that I called it the "70 man" fight by mistake. That's because IN MY NOTES I wrote that Guts' behavior, acting exhausted like he was going to drop, was more reminiscent of Musashi's 70 man duel in Vagabond, only this was much lamer. BTW, that was the first and last time I'm taking notes, so you won't have to hear me compulsively mention MY NOTES dozens of times ever again. :griffnotevil:

Top Bottom