[Art of War] Guts & Casca RED version. 30 prices ww.

Hanma_Baki said:
Btw, Andrew, I checked the tracking again, you should have Guts and Casca by now, eh? :serpico: let me know what you think as soon as you do bro :carcus: oh and nice observations about Borkoff and the brand, tbh I thought of Carcus too when I saw it, but I thought it´d be too much of a coincidence, but it could just be a clever little treat as a "hidden" tribute/message from the creators so who knows, cool stuff

Yup after 2 weeks of waiting (one week was spent dealing w USA customs damn it) I finally got it yesterday! :guts: what should I say? I was speechless after ripping all those triple packed boxes... ... The statue itself is rather smaller than expected However everything else is fantastic. The paint job, the details and the color. The pics on AOW website doesn't really show but the skin tone of guts are pretty dark and casca is even darker. This is the most expensive statue I've got at this size. Other than size I have no other issues, the base is actually filled with dark oils/dark bloods opposed to the red version. Most importantly I got myself a brokoff :ganishka:

Really nice piece, expensive and small, but I'm keeping it.

F08D9CA5-FFC5-4E78-9616-47BF91806184-2998-0000028C7449FA17.jpg

5DB91C48-D04B-4AA4-AE2A-5B579BEB3986-2998-0000028C765AD1A0.jpg

As we all can see the post and detail are ass kicking, however the guts's head is around the same size of isidro and daiba. The brokoff attachment is smaller than the daiba/ganishka attachments.

Glad to hear you´re satisfied man! :guts: Great shots, makes it justice in contrast to my poor attempts :iva: feels weird that I held that thing not too long ago myself... And yeah the triple packaging makes the size even more surprisingly small :ganishka: sorry couldnt help myself lol'ing at that... Anyway, know that your fast and well payed money is practically all my bread atm, you´re a life saver! :serpico:

EDIT: And sorry about posting in the wrong thread, you guys with the authority can move 'em if you want...

Hanma_Baki said:
Anyway, know that your fast and well payed money is practically all my bread atm, you´re a life saver! :serpico:

You too bro u gave me a great deal i cant resist else i wont own this piece of work ever... ...It is way over priced for what it is. Wasnt ready to paid this thing 700$ shipped from AOW(the conversion rate u get online is bullshit, it is totally lower than the acutal conversion rate when u heading to the bank... ..and they usually charge u 4% extra transfer fee BS while u trying to pay...)

You guys dont wanna noe how much i paid for my 20th anni. last repaint. after all the hidden fees/conversion rates... ... This is the LAST time i will order from AOW, EVER. I swear. :sad:

Check it!! I really like this repaint. Looks awesome.. Got it today and should have skull knight tomorrow. --wish it was last repaint 20th anniversary.

IMG_0296_zps2c419b79.jpg

4e8a5036-c8ff-409b-92d0-61d416542172_zps23ce7d01.jpg

IMG_0298_zps534b973f.jpg

IMG_0299_zpsc623a602.jpg

IMG_0300_zpsc2c50bb9.jpg

IMG_0301_zps5e44ea86.jpg

IMG_0302_zps56b8ceba.jpg

very nice!! LOOKING GOOD WOW!!

looks like the original ver. has more/deeper/thicker bloods running through guts' body.

Also is it just me or both guts&casca looks white people instead of asian&spainish? The skin color is lighter on the red.ver?

I do agree.. and sad to say only bc I do like the first release. On the original, the skin tone is a bit darker and it does seem to have more blood. It might be the artist who repainted mine maybe? AOW has the "fine print", "each piece can be different due to the artist". If you look on the photo AOW used for sale on red version, it looks very close to original. Mine does have lighter skin and seems to have less blood. Aside from less blood, which I like more, I am still very happy with this piece and will be keeping it. Base looks awesome, if you able to look closly at the cuts. the detail is amazing. maybe the lighter skin contrast helps bring out the detail? how is it on the original?

I didn't use flash, but the lighting might play a small role. Maybe others taking the pic don't have enough light and I have to much. So we are getting both extremes. Lol j/p
Any-who, all and all this is an amazing piece and love every detail. AOW always puts together great art and i enjoy collecting. This repaint was worth the $$ and wait.
Can't wait for my skull knight!!

the original is much darker I say. Casca is half way black skin wise, more like brownish color. The bloods are very thick. I do like the red effect of the red ver.'s base through. In general they only made 130 pieces so this statue is in fact much rarer than guts& slan.(350 pieces)

Hah! Congrats dude! Im just as envious with this one! Will be interesting to see if your theory about yours being different turns out to be true. Or if its a lighting issue or even a case of the promo pics being off... Anyway Im so eager to get mine I find myself constantly unconsciously clenching my teeth and frowning so bad that my face muscles get sour :iva:

andrewdsz said:
looks like the original ver. has more/deeper/thicker bloods running through guts' body.

Yeah, it's seem that the blood application is cheapest than the original version....

I really love the color of the base but the painting job on guts is disapointed.

However, it's a different version but i prefer the original

Very nice pics hubalo! Overall I say Red version is a clear winner, the blood is MUCH more conveniently applied. And unlike the original, theres blood effects on all the stuff floating in the blood on the ground.

I think the initial intent with the lighter skin tones may have been for making the darker parts/shading more visible as a contrast. May not have turned out great but I got absolutely no issue with it.

Top Bottom