damaged statues

hi, for those of you who have been buying resin statues , what percentage of them approximatedly arrive to you damaged during shipping? i have like 10 resin statues and 2 of them arrived dammaged one of them yust a litter, another one completly damaged :judo:.

same here... ...2 out of 10... ...at that situation i usually ask partial refund if possible... ..and say FML out loud. :mozgus:

Happened to me once for AOW product, sooo pissed.... soooo pissed off you dont even wanna noe.

Sorry about those damages pal...

Um...Am I the only one interested in knowing which (all) these statues are??

And not that I take pleasure in others´ misery but if you give a bit more detailed information there might be someone on this forum who can help or like direct you to someone who can...just saying :carcus:

EDIT: maybe you already got it sorted out though hehe

I did get 2 AOW statues which weren't in perfect condition (EDIT: second hand and not directly from AOW), outside of the 1 mouldy one of Guts & Farnese. Sorry to hear of your ordeal hubalo, I'm assuming they were AOW statues? I hope the seller did not sell you something that was broken already. It's also possible that the inner pieces were taped together like some pieces come originally in their Styrofoam box. AOW's boxing/ packaging, in recent times, has been sturdy.

I have been very lucky buying second hand and AOW. For those that have the 2010 guts ver 1or2 will know what I'm talking about. The armored head piece that is sealed, taped, and locked down inside of foam was broke in three pieces. Almost impossible for that piece to brake during shipping and for the statue itself to be perfect. As if AOW broke that piece during packaging and boxed it up anyway. This piece literally wrapped in plastic, wrapped in tape, pushed down two inches of foam, then taped to prevent from coming out. Lol

Call me lucky, but of all the many AOW statues I've bought, directly or 2nd hand, none of them have arrived damaged. I think AOW does a pretty great job with the packaging. I've had many other resins from other series break in transit. But so far with AOW, I have a 100% success rate.

Well, i bought a lot of statues (most of them was second hand) and i received some damages statues :

- Skullknight Horse riding figure normal version 1/15 scale : i bought it on YJP auction without a box! Check my topic : http://www.skullknight.net/forum/index.php?topic=13271.0
I don t plan to get repair it because it ll cost around 220€ ....

- Irvine from Zodd revelation set (no partial refund from the seller) !

Pic of the damage

Pics after get repair it (it cost me 55€ ....)

- Grunbeld (no partial refund from the seller)

Pics of the damages

During and after get repair it (it cost me 75€ ...) :

Directly from AOW, i never received broken statues.

When i want to buy a statue, i usually ask for pics of the statues near a daily newspaper in order to be sure that the statue is Ok.

And i ask for a very good packaging!

actually the damaged statues werent from aow but from another company which makes great resin statues too, its called tsume, i bouhgt the kempachi zaraki , second hand from an ebay seller, and arrived completely damaged,

hubalo said:
actually the damaged statues werent from aow but from another company which makes great resin statues too, its called tsume, i bouhgt the kempachi zaraki , second hand from an ebay seller, and arrived completely damaged,

Tsume is distributor, not manufacturer. The products are made by AOW.

hubalo said:

I heard that TSUME had improved the quality of the packaging because they had bad experience with Kenpachi HQS and Ikki HQS.

In january 2011, i bought HQS Ikki and received it damage. The second time, the statue was damage again. Fortunately, i bought it directly from TSUME so they easily repaired it and sent to me. The third time, my IKKI was in a perfect condition.

andrewdsz said:
Tsume is distributor, not manufacturer. The products are made by AOW.

You wrong my friend :slan:! TSUME is a manufacturer of TSUME's statues like : HQS Ikki (saint seiya) ; HQS Gaara (Naruto) ; ...

IncantatioN said:
Sorry to hear that and good luck with fixing it. Maybe the topic is best suited in the regular Merch section?

I am agree with you my friend :slan:

yes you can check their page the only conection is that one woman of their staff used to work for aow, tsume have their own sculptors non of them japanese.

hubalo said:
yes you can check their page the only conection is that one woman of their staff used to work for aow, tsume have their own sculptors non of them japanese.

Wrong ... :slan:

Cyril, the administrator and supervisor of TSUME, was the official European retrailer for AOW with Berserk-Statues for 3 years (2008 - 2011)! but i don t think that TSUME have any connection with AOW now...

Top Bottom