Is there a moral theme in Berserk?

Actually it's not and I'm not sure you understand what I'm saying. Words have meaning. You can't just interchange them, especially not in the context of this discussion. I mean below you're still equating "berserk" to "insanity" and saying Guts is insane. That's blatantly wrong.
Berserk = insane = insanity. I'm not saying Guts is insane, I'm saying he goes insane when fighting. And yes, insane is a synonym of berserk. Check it up.

really? really? you still don't understand? I still can't believe you don't understand where I'm coming from. We've been talking about this for days! :p Whatever, i give up. Agree to disagree.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
IronBerserk said:
Berserk = insane = insanity. I'm not saying Guts is insane, I'm saying he goes insane when fighting. And yes, insane is a synonym of berserk. Check it up.

You have a serious problem with your vocabulary.

IronBerserk said:
really? really? you still don't understand? I still can't believe you don't understand where I'm coming from. We've been talking about this for days! :p Whatever, i give up. Agree to disagree.

I understand what you write. But it's so irrational that I am at a loss for words. In case you still need to read it: I completely disagree.

IronBerserk said:

Iron, words have a lot of baggage with them as I'm sure you're aware. Insane generally implies mental illness, a distorted perception of reality, and a general instability in society. It also evokes the idea of the psycho killer. While you could stretch some of this to kind of apply to Guts while he's wearing the armor, it's really not a very accurate way to describe him or his fighting style.

I think words like reckless, fury, rage, livid, or blood-lust might be more appropriate. Insane might be under synonyms for berserk, but in many cases, the thesaurus is not your friend. It will not give you the nuance that different words imply. That's why we have so many of them.

Top Bottom