New Ghost in the Shell 2013

Dar_Klink

Last Guardian when? - CyberKlink 20XX before dying
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-01-15/ghost-in-the-shell-arise-anime-to-launch-in-2013
The February issue of Kodansha's Monthly Young Magazine is announcing on Wednesday that the Ghost in the Shell Arise anime will launch in 2013. Kazuchika Kise will serve as the chief director, and Tow Ubukata is supervising and writing the series scripts.

This is some crazy news, but I'm feeling pretty cautious about it considering Production IG's track record lately. They seem to have a completely new director working on it who has only done animation direction in the past. Despite that, I'm still pretty excited to see how this turns out.

m8WCJ.jpg

SZfbk.jpg

I don't really like the small glimpse we get right here of the Major and they have somebody who isn't Yoko Kanno doing the music. Come on IG...

Not too much information ...well all I can do is hop that it wil be good like I did ,with Berserk movies,every fucking time ...and no Kanno :femto:
new-motoko-arises.jpg

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
I'm not impressed by the picture of the Major, or the director. Time will tell, but I'm not getting my hopes up. (I'm saying this as a huge fan of the original film and Stand Alone Complex series.)

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Obviously there's not much to look at yet, but this art style is not blowing me away here, folks.

MrWeatherby

What's up, ketchup?
Oh man, a new Ghost in the Shell, I can't wai-

Dar Klink said:
I don't really like the small glimpse we get right here of the Major and they have somebody who isn't Yoko Kanno doing the music. Come on IG...

evR7T1g.gif

Oburi

All praise Grail
I just want to jump in here and say that I absolutely love the first GITS movie and still watch it every now and then if I know a friend hasn't seen it. Been that way since i first saw it in high school. However I don't know shit about any of the sequels or series. I watched a little bit of the series, and I did watch one sequel movie at least but I dunno, I guess it was just so forgettable or left such a bad taste that I wrote it off as crap, especially compared to the original.

Is that normal or am I missing something? Is it worth it to go back and watch some of the other stuff?

I really enjoy the original 95 anime film, and like Aaz said, I think it's sequel is pretty crappy. I've never seen the TV series or it's film, but I heard they were decent.

MrWeatherby

What's up, ketchup?
Oburi said:
I just want to jump in here and say that I absolutely love the first GITS movie and still watch it every now and then if I know a friend hasn't seen it. Been that way since i first saw it in high school. However I don't know shit about any of the sequels or series. I watched a little bit of the series, and I did watch one sequel movie at least but I dunno, I guess it was just so forgettable or left such a bad taste that I wrote it off as crap, especially compared to the original.

Is that normal or am I missing something? Is it worth it to go back and watch some of the other stuff?

Order of quality would probably be: Movie > TV series > second movie

The show is ok for what it is, there's definitely stretches that are forgettable, but there's some great highs in there too. Really, if you saw the first movie and nothing else you aren't really missing anything.

Lithrael

Remember, always hold your apple tight
Oddly enough the first movie is my least favorite of the GitS stuff. I enjoyed the first TV series a lot, and the second a bit too. I think it's because I loved the tachis and all the stuff they liked to blather on about a hell of a lot more than I enjoy the Captain's aloof musings. Also want to squeeze Batou. (do you know how HARD it was to find a poster of Batou?)

Dar_Klink

Last Guardian when? - CyberKlink 20XX before dying
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-02-12/ghost-in-the-shell/arise-anime-details-outlined
News
Ghost in the Shell: Arise Anime's Details Outlined
posted on 2013-02-12 08:20 EST
Maaya Sakamoto stars in 4-part series premiering in Japanese theaters in June

The staff of the Ghost in the Shell Arise anime announced the details of its project on Tuesday. The project will consist of four 50-minute parts.

The first part, "Ghost Pain," will run in Japanese theaters for two weeks starting on Saturday, June 22. There will be advance Blu-ray Disc copies with a bundled scenario book available at participating theaters for 8,000 yen (about US$85). There will also be paid streaming of the project, at least in Japan. The general retail release of the first part's Blu-ray Disc will be on July 26.

Writer Tow Ubukata confirmed during the broadcast that the show will be a prequel series featuring Motoko when she was younger.

The staff also announced the show's cast:

Maaya Sakamoto as Mokoto Kusanagi
Kenichirou Matsuda as Batou
Tarusuke Shingaki as Togusa
Tomoyuki Dan as Ishikawa
Takurou Nakakuni as Saito
Youji Ueda as Paz
Kazuya Nakai as Borma
Ikkyuu Juku as Daisuke Aramaki

At the beginning of her voice-acting career, Sakamoto previously provided the voice of the pivotal little girl who speaks the very last line in the first Ghost in the Shell film.

I'm pretty disappointed in all of this. I think the Major's design looks better in motion and I really like Maaya Sakamoto, who will be a good younger Major, but I'm really sad at them replacing the voice cast for everybody else(Batou is no longer Skull Knight and Solid Snake!), pissed even. Oh well, I'll watch it.

PV looked good. A bit dissapointed about format,so basically 4x 50min OVA's ,let's combine it and we have lenghty Motoko prequel movie.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Well, if anything this new series has made me want to go back and watch the original GITS again. It's been about a decade or so since I gave it a serious rewatch.

Top Bottom