Guts VS Zodd *2013 Version

gutsvszodd.jpg

zoddr.jpg

gutse.jpg

zoddz.jpg

It is our first time to re-create the scene of the inescapable battle between Guts and Zodd.
This statue is as real as it gets - you can almost hear the furious roaring of Zodd!
The combination with Guts, The Black Swordsman and Nosferatu Zodd is a perfect re-creation of their epic battle scene.
Guts, with his huge sword, has been deliberately reproduced in a miniature size to emphasize the visual contrast against the much larger, stronger and dreaded Zodd. Pit them in battle against each other and you will sense Guts’ courage against this most evil of foes!
Visit our website to see our artists applying the final touches to the Guts statue.
(Now plus 10,000 Yen you can have Guts, The Black Swordsman as a special attachment.)

*Re-creating Zodd to be more allured
The stretched-out wings show the power of Zodd, and the blood flowing out from its’ body, mouth and claws accentuates the reality of the massacre that took place. *Zodd’s Wings – A color makeover!
Our artists, with their professional experience in designing and coloring, have given Zodd’s huge wings a full color makeover, applying a special color never before used. This unique color, a combination of black with a blue tone, produces an almost real-like hard fur look on the surface of Zodd’s wings.* Madness tension by blood effects and decorated flesh
A small piece of flesh hanging on the teeth of Zodd makes the statue bloodier and more frightening.
It might be a small feature but we received many requests from our fans to incorporate this detail. The result vividly shows Zodd’s rage and willingness to kill in battle.

Guts VS Zodd *2013 Version
Limited to only 50 sets
Unit Price: 66,500 Yen (tax excluded) (approx. US$ 738/€ 554)
Size: Zodd- 37 cm (W) x 32 cm (H) x 35 cm (D)
Size: Guts- 8 cm(W) x 23.5 cm (H) x 6.5 cm (D)(including sword and base)
Attachment: Serial number nameplate (NO.1~50)
Estimated delivery date: May or June 2013

**Nosferatu Zodd *2013 Version
Limited to 50 pieces
Unit price: 57,000 Yen (tax excluded) (approx. $474/ €634)
Size: Zodd- 37 cm (W) x 32 cm (H) x 35 cm (D)
Serial Number Nameplate(No. 51 ~)
Estimate Release date: May or June 2013

Hmm. Looks killer, but pricy. Who's going to make the purchase? I would, but just dropped big bones on guts/casca Xmas repaint and the skull knight ceremony. Dang- think I'm going to pass this time. :(

andrewdsz said:
Zodd with wing 1 remade :zodd:

Man, Art of War is so disappointing these days. Thanks you for re-releasing our Zodd 1 w/wings and slightly adjusting his pose to then charge us ridiculous amounts for it. They should have sold the Guts as a standalone piece. I'm tired of their repaints of our old statues.

Once again, as I have sent them in countless e-mails, repaints and slight variations of poses do NOT equal making "Only one" statues. Huge pass for me.

They havent really have much new things in past two years... ..YES TWO fking years!! Other than guts & casca which is a completely new model everything else is either repaint or half remade... ...(sk ceremony's upper body is exactly the same as sk on horse 2011 which is the remade of sk on horse II ... ... :sad:)

I wont even talk about disappointment anymore, they just dont do new modes.

i discoverded the aof statues barely 6 months ago and its evidently that they do just repaints, sometimes its good for me because its a chance to grab one statue that otherwise i wouldent be able to, like the 20 anyveraary last repaint, but i agree there are so many other statues they could do, and caracters that doesent have their proper statue like the god hand members, which besides femto there are no statue of the others aside from that tiny set..

Def pass on this same Zodd statue from before with nicer paint . Also the price is nuts and you have to add Guts to the order .... silly if you ask me . Instead of redoing Zodd I they should have did something new , although im not against a new repaint for Zodd Revelations .. really want that piece lol .

hubalo said:
... i agree there are so many other statues they could do, and caracters that doesent have their proper statue like the god hand members, which besides femto there are no statue of the others aside from that tiny set..

Yep, that would be really nice indeed along with other characters. It's fair to say fans have asked AOW to make other character statues countless times over the years but only very few were made like Serpico. Unfortunately for that piece, it did not sell out quickly, it was small and pricey but it did not sell out for quite some time. The new Skull Knight Birth Ceremony Chapter is very expensive for it's scale and sold out really quick on pre-order alone. Gauging by that sort of demand for certain characters, they might be cautious to make other character statues, who knows.

hitokiri89 said:
Also the price is nuts and you have to add Guts to the order .... although im not against a new repaint for Zodd Revelations .. really want that piece lol .

You can buy Zodd separately, it's limited to 50 pieces. Also, a member on the board is selling Zodd Revelations http://www.skullknight.net/forum/index.php?topic=13295.0

ZODDOII

BERSERK
Zodd with wing one is not just the only problem, size scale also has a problem, if this scale I would like to buy
Zodd apostle form & Guts All 1/10 scale please

ZVD_zpsbc4c4c14.jpg

:mozgus: :guts: :badbone: :zodd: :puck:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Not only is this just a re-release of Zodd I, but what scene of the series is this even representing? Guts fighting Zodd with his wings out, on stone (not snow)... Feels like they're not even pretending to be making an effort anymore.

Hanma_Baki said:
So let me get this straight...GUTS is the special attachment? :schierke:

yea guts are like an 1/15 special attachment figure... ....more like 9cm height without the base/sword... ...and his face is really, really ugly.

I wasnt trying to get my expectation raised to certain level but this guys just simply F-ed right on my face... ... Guts 2012/battle of dorley really got the best face so far... ...this new one is not even on sub-par when u trying to compare.

I gotta say I like that pose though, one the best they've done imo.. So its a shame its only an attachment and so small, and yeh the face could probably be better too, but not that big of a deal imo.

Walter said:
Stupid question: Whose blood are they covered in?

That's what I'm wondering as well it just seems like a made up scene where they've been battling other enemies and then oh! Hello there you are let's fight! Lol
Still I'm tempted to get it I don't have a Zodd yet but yea not sure.

Aazealh said:
Not only is this just a re-release of Zodd I, but what scene of the series is this even representing?

I wondered myself the same thing

And the Blood ...

The best statue they did since many years is Serpico, but it was too small 1/15e ....

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Drakull said:
I wondered myself the same thing

I got an email promoting the statue a couple days ago and it mentioned somewhat conspicuously that the statue wasn't an exact representation of the scene, so that's that. Still, I find it regrettable.

Top Bottom