POLL: Vote for Your 2 Favorite Characters

Choose your two favorite characters in Berserk (PICK 2)

• Guts

Votes: 266 61.3%
  • Casca

Votes: 52 12.0%
  • Griffith

Votes: 81 18.7%
  • Skull Knight

Votes: 73 16.8%
  • Zodd

Votes: 30 6.9%
  • Judo

Votes: 21 4.8%
  • Carcus

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • Pippin

Votes: 4 0.9%
  • Rickert

Votes: 12 2.8%
  • Void

Votes: 12 2.8%
  • Slan

Votes: 5 1.2%
  • Conrad

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • Ubik

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Silat

Votes: 9 2.1%
  • Godot

• Wyald

Votes: 6 1.4%
  • Farnese

Votes: 38 8.8%
  • Serpico

Votes: 20 4.6%
  • Azan

• Isidro

Votes: 6 1.4%
  • Schierke

Votes: 46 10.6%
  • Sonia

• Grunbeld

• Rakshas

• Locus

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Irvine

Votes: 11 2.5%
  • Flora

• Ganishka

• Puck

Votes: 21 4.8%

• Total voters
:guts: Obviously. But I think I may be the only one who voted for :isidro: yeah he's overly wacky in a lot of ways, but I think he's got a lot of dramatic potential as well. <-Possibly in denile.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
SeedofKings said:
yeah he's overly wacky in a lot of ways, but I think he's got a lot of dramatic potential as well. <-Possibly in denile.

I wouldn't say "overly", and Isidro certainly has a lot of dramatic potential, which has been shown numerous times in the story so far.

Okay, I'm sold. Changed my vote to Isidro and Farnese, I've got no time for dead people. And seriously, Isidro deserves it, he never even got to cash in his "credit' with Luca and Co. after saving them at Albion! Also, maybe there will be a Berserk sequel, where Isidro has to wander the earth to avenge Guts' death after he is murdered by Theresia (immediately after destroying Griffith)? :troll:

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
TelegramSam said:
Okay, I'm sold. Changed my vote to Isidro and Farnese, I've got no time for dead people. And seriously, Isidro deserves it, he never even got to cash in his "credit' with Luca and Co. after saving them at Albion! Also, maybe there will be a Berserk sequel, where Isidro has to wander the earth to avenge Guts' death after he is murdered by Theresia (immediately after destroying Griffith)? :troll:
I'll give you 3 Gobolatula bucks if you change one of those votes to Schierke.

Just kidding. I'm all out of Gobolatula bucks.

This poll is great so far. I love hearing what people have to say about their favorite characters.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Seeing as how our big guy will definitely pull through in the top slot, I changed my vote from :guts: to :schierke:. She deserves it, damn it!

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Walter said:
Seeing as how our big guy will definitely pull through in the top slot, I changed my vote from :guts: to :schierke:. She deserves it, damn it!

Not sure what the point of having him in the poll is if half the voters don't vote for him "because he's the first anyway" even though he's their favorite. Either he's in and people should vote faithfully or he's not and the poll accurately represents favorite characters other than him.

Seeing as how many said their favourite is Guts but not voting for him makes me think that this poll would be better without him. Like we would get more accurate numbers on people (second?) favourites. Well even then the voting probably won't produce those accurate results since there are always people who feel compassion for not enough voting points getting characters. So the best way would be making the results invisible until some time but of course no one would want this way. I guess I am overthinking this a bit it's not like it's president election :ganishka:

EDIT: Oh shit, Aazealh posted similar post just before mine didn't notice it. :magni:

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
I think doing the poll this way is a fun compromise, including Guts (some might truly only have eyes for him) but emphasizing that you can vote for others you may like since he's such an obvious consensus. Anyway, it's not like we're publishing this in The Journal of Objectively Best Berserk Characters and skewing the empirical data or anything, so might as well try something different. We've already done the poll the traditional way numerous times and even without Guts before.

TelegramSam said:
Also, maybe there will be a Berserk sequel, where Isidro has to wander the earth to avenge Guts' death after he is murdered by Theresia (immediately after destroying Griffith)? :troll:

I like the way you think, and something like that has already been announced. :guts:

Griffith

Hanma_Baki said:
^Even if its just for fun it´d probably only be confusing since a lot of people really seem to think of them as separate characters.
Walter said:
Even though they're not :chomp:

Well, for all practical and literary purposes they are separate characters, and we refer to "them" as such, they're just technically not separate beings; which, I think is the confusion we're all trying to avoid, sometimes at the expense of nuance (if we let the easily confused dictate that, they've already won).

So, I wouldn't mind seeing the Beast in future character polls; he already has his own glossary entry, after all. =)

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
THE BEAST OF DARKNESS IS MY FAVORITE CHARACTER. HE'S PISSED OFF AND BITES TITTIES.

I wonder if Miura himself can pick a favorite out of all his characters. I'd like to hear his favorite and his reason.

Griffith

Gobolatula said:
THE BEAST OF DARKNESS IS MY FAVORITE CHARACTER. HE'S PISSED OFF AND BITES TITTIES.

He's pretty cool besides that, particularly the dialogue between him and Guts and what it adds to the series. He wouldn't be the weakest character on the poll, that's for sure.

Gobolatula said:
I wonder if Miura himself can pick a favorite out of all his characters. I'd like to hear his favorite and his reason.

I think it's pretty obvious... that it's Zepec.

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
Griffith said:
He's pretty cool besides that, particularly the dialogue between him and Guts and what it adds to the series. He wouldn't be the weakest character on the poll, that's for sure.
I know, I was just being dumb. It's hard for me to consider him a character on his own, though. I kind of think of "him" as sort of a part of Guts' character as a whole. THAT'S 2 PERSONALITIES FOR THE PRICE OF ONE!

Griffith

Death May Die said:
You guys really should do polls more often. Just saying. :void:

I'm enjoying the discussion, was telling Aaz today it's like talking in a bar.

Gobolatula said:
It's hard for me to consider him a character on his own, though. I kind of think of "him" as sort of a part of Guts' character as a whole.

Well, that's true as well, so consider him a character, just not on his own. =)

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Griffith said:
Anyway, it's not like we're publishing this in The Journal of Objectively Best Berserk Characters and skewing the empirical data or anything, so might as well try something different. We've already done the poll the traditional way numerous times and even without Guts before.
Exactly. By it's nature, polls like these can't be scientific. It merely reflects the feelings for characters in the moment, which even for me is often a moving target. Anyway, like I said on the podcast, we're mostly just having fun and passing the time during these episode lulls.

Death May Die said:
You guys really should do polls more often. Just saying. :void:
Anyone can post polls, you know. Just saying :void: How about Batman Versus Guts, who would win? :troll:

Griffith said:
I'm enjoying the discussion, was telling Aaz today it's like talking in a bar.
Yep, same. There isn't quite enough character vote advocacy going on though. I feel like you and me are the only ones talking trash in here. I can't believe that stuck-up pretty boy is still beating the ancient emperor...

Sammoniac

You taffers!
I'm curious to see the results of this poll after we get more information on the God Hand (Miura hinted that it will happen soon). Their backstories are probably gonna be awesome.

Griffith

Let's do this.

Walter said:
There isn't quite enough character vote advocacy going on though. I feel like you and me are the only ones talking trash in here. I can't believe that stuck-up pretty boy is still beating the ancient emperor...

Ancient is the operative word, Griffith is emperor now (MAGIC EMPEROR GRIFFITH?). Griff grabs Skully's pitiful little sword strikes out of the air, twirls them around his fingertips as he pleases, and then remakes the entire world with them, remaking Skully into an incapable old fool in the process!
sadbone.png
Old and busted.
griffnotevil2.png
New hotness.

After this vile screed, I fully expect Skully overtake Griffith in the poll. =)

Walter said:
Yep, same. There isn't quite enough character vote advocacy going on though. I feel like you and me are the only ones talking trash in here. I can't believe that stuck-up pretty boy is still beating the ancient emperor...

Maybe I should start a "Who is the hottest woman in Berserk?" poll? :carcus: Or how about a straight up "Who will Guts end up with at the end of the series?" poll?

I demand to know why more people aren't voting for Farnese. An attractive blonde pyromaniac who can handle herself with a sword, has massive tracts of land and even managed to (technically!) defeat Guts. That is something that Griffith himself and pretty much every apostle up until now couldn't do; Guts only lives because Farnese took mercy on him after the battle with Rochine, after all! All of you Caska and Schierke voters should be ashamed of yourselves.

Top Bottom